How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

I'll add to my previous comment:  it will probably be a close game, but if it's a blowout, chances are about 95% that the Bills would be the victor in that kind of game.

I don't think the Bengals can beat this team going away.  Because no one has.

Edited by Success
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Last 10 games

Bengals 9-1 (9 Game win streak, 4-0 vs playoff teams)

Bills 8-2 (8 Game win streak, 2-1 vs playoff teams)

L3 Away / Home PPG

Bengals    25.3 / 19.0 =   +6.3

Bills         33.7 / 27.7  =  +6.0

Burrow/Allen Last 10 Games

Burrow 251/368 68.2%, 2,587 Yards, 21 TD / 7 INT, 21 Sacks

Allen 209/342 61.1%, 2,437 Yards, 19 TD / 10 INT, 29 Sacks

Forget about the wild card, these aren't divisional teams. The wild card says nothing about this game. 

Broadly speaking, as of now, I feel the data as well as what we are seeing on the field indicates the team played better in the first half of the season. Is it mostly injuries? 

So have we played our best ball yet? 

Imagine how you would feel if you were the defending AFC champions, you return everybody, and then you spend 8 months hearing about Buffalo and KC, Mahomes and Allen. Everybody is ready this time of year, but this is a respect game for the Bengals and Burrow.

Within all this the Bengals are banged up badly on the offensive line and defensive backfield. I'm certainly not apologizing for the help. This has been the worst year for injuries in Buffalo in some time. 

Flush it all out and I think this is a dead even game that will approach 70 points. Easily good enough to be the AFC Championship.   

Edited by KzooMike
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

3 man rush and bringing a 4th from anywhere. Burrow has the quick releas and great at hot reads. Just stay steady with front (8)

As  a Bills Fan this day and age, I Always Expect to Win !
Biggest game ever.

Cinci is no joke.

GoBills

Interesting idea- I don’t think Leslie ever does this… but I’m all for rush three and drop into passing lanes. It’s good to get out of the division and play someone different 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m 50/50.

I trust playoff Josh. I don’t trust this current iteration of the defense.

Giving up 24 points to an offense that is starting their 3rd string QB, and 2nd string RB, and 2nd string RT and 2nd string LG doesn’t inspire much confidence. The Dolphins were fielding a mash unit on offense and put up 24.

last week I thought the Bills W would be due to thePats*  injury list. The OL for the Bengals is indeed banged up. For me the crux of this game is how much can the Bills DL  pressure Burrow against the seemingly depleted OL. Force him into errant throws or sacks even better.

I Love having our home field advantage. AS well as a team that is now all of a sudden an underdog at home? Piffle on that!

I think the Bills win in a hard fought game in front of Our fans.

GO BILLS!~!~!

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The beginning of the last “game” was very concerning. I know we typically let them score early, then settle in, but it was not looking good. 

We are going to need to get pressure on Burrow, and if we can’t do it against their banged up OLine, well………we need to spend our first four picks in the draft on DLine. Keep at it till you get it right! 

(I’ll run and hide now.)

I will fight you.  We should be banned from drafting defensive linemen in the first two rounds for the next 5 years 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I'm at about 65%. I think the bills are the better team overall, but we've watched them shoot themselves in the foot so many times this season. While I think the bills are fully capable of playing a mistake free game, it's hard to comprehend they will. Being at home is a big advantage (I think). 

51% in favor of the Bills

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m 50/50.

I trust playoff Josh. I don’t trust this current iteration of the defense.

Giving up 24 points to an offense that is starting their 3rd string QB, and 2nd string RB, and 2nd string RT and 2nd string LG doesn’t inspire much confidence. The Dolphins were fielding a mash unit on offense and put up 24.

It’s crazy they put up 24 points but only 236 yards and 3.3 YPP.

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting idea- I don’t think Leslie ever does this… but I’m all for rush three and drop into passing lanes. It’s good to get out of the division and play someone different 

I dont think he would allow it either. lol

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Interesting! Do we pull a Patriot twist? Rush three, drop a dozen? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.