How confident are you the Bills beat the Bengals?

Steptide

Both teams were moving the ball prior to the injury. Burrow was throwing it pretty well. I do worry about our secondary a bit.

Key is the pretty simple -> IMO team with the least mistakes wins.  JA needs to keep the googly eyes 👀 in check. I see those eyes get big as saucers & darting back & forth i start to worry.

GO Bills!

Edited by PayDaBill$

20 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

and we didn't? 

Everyone assumes the Bengals were just gonna wipe the floor with us 7-minutes into the game.  Bills moved the ball just as easy against their defense too.  

Sure did, but they settle for a field goal.  Will never know, but would bet anything that game would have been 14-3 in 5 more plays.  Didn't feel good.

18 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Well, I threw the “chip on shoulder” comment in because of how the game cancellation hurt the Bengals more than anyone else.  The NFL didn’t use their own rules of win % and told the Bengals/Ravens it’s a coin flip.

also, they were playing well against us, and when the game was cancelled, they lost their chance at 1st seed.  

and the Bills, they certainly don’t play like a team with a chip on their shoulder.  Maybe they will against KC? 

I beg to differ regarding the NFL rules.  The Bills and Ravens were the only teams in control of their own destiny going into that week 17 game.  Buffalo wins out, they win the conference.  Ravens win out, they win their division.  Bengals could get the conference only by winning out coupled with a KC loss.  So with the Bills v Bengals game cancelled, they put KC at number 1 by virtue of winning % and they awarded the Bengals the Division for the same reason.  However...as accommodations for the Bills and Ravens losing the control over their own destinies and losing the conference and division, they put the AFCCG at a neutral field should KC and Buffalo meet, and they decided on a coin flip for a Ravens/Bengals playoff rematch.  Winning % was used for seeding and no rules were changed with the exception of those two accommodations.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Both teams were moving the ball prior to the injury. Burrow was throwing it pretty well. I do worry about our secondary a bit.

Key is the pretty simple -> IMO team with the least mistakes wins.  JA needs to keep the google eyes 👀 in check. I see those eyes get big as saucers & darting back & forth i start to worry.

GO Bills!

CBs and linebackers were great Sunday.   One silver lining in that strange and stressful game lol edmunds and Milano were everywhere 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I don't think they should.  I think it actually would increase the pressure on the Bills, feeling like they have to win for him (on top of the pressure they already feel).  It also puts a lot of media scrutiny on a guy who a) didn't want it/slash wishes it never happened and b) probably just wants to lay low and fully recover.  That's just my opinion.  Some here think it would be good to jack up the team and the crowd.  I don't think it's needed.

I feel pretty much the same.  I thought it would have been cool to have Damar do a video shoutout before the Pats game, but now it’s all kind of settled down and time to move on. 

I heard someone call into WGR saying they should wear the 3 patch the rest of this year. He got shot down and I agree it was good as a one game thing. 

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I beg to differ regarding the NFL rules.  The Bills and Ravens were the only teams in control of their own destiny going into that week 17 game.  Buffalo wins out, they win the conference.  Ravens win out, they win their division.  Bengals could get the conference only by winning out coupled with a KC loss.  So with the Bills v Bengals game cancelled, they put KC at number 1 by virtue of winning % and they awarded the Bengals the Division for the same reason.  However...as accommodations for the Bills and Ravens losing the control over their own destinies and losing the conference and division, they put the AFCCG at a neutral field should KC and Buffalo meet, and they decided on a coin flip for a Ravens/Bengals playoff rematch.  Winning % was used for seeding and no rules were changed with the exception of those two accommodations.

I think there's also more simple logic to the Balt/Cincy coin flip than many people realize: If Balt won vs Cincy in final week of the season, then if we had beat Cincy in week prior, Balt wins division and HFA in wild card round but if we lost to Cincy, Cincy wins division and gets HFA.  If you assume the outcome of the Bills/Bengals is a coin flip or close to that, then a coin flip is the right decision to decide HFA if Balt had beat Cincy 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Sure did, but they settle for a field goal.  Will never know, but would bet anything that game would have been 14-3 in 5 more plays.  Didn't feel good.

Bills are pretty much unstoppable when the offensive line is playing well and we were mauling the bengals dline on that first drive.  Was likely headed to 14-10 by the end of the first quarter

3 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

I think there's also more simple logic to the Balt/Cincy coin flip than many people realize: If Balt won vs Cincy in final week of the season, then if we had beat Cincy in week prior, Balt wins division and HFA in wild card round but if we lost to Cincy, Cincy wins division and gets HFA.  If you assume the outcome of the Bills/Bengals is a coin flip or close to that, then a coin flip is the right decision to decide HFA if Balt had beat Cincy 

Excellent explanation.  Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

I'd be surprised if any team in the league looks at a game against us and thinks, yeah we got this. I'd say the same about the Bengals.  So am I confident we'll win? Absolutely not. Do I know we can win? Absolutely.  Will we win? 3-4 hours on Sunday will tell the tale - not some pessimistic Bills fan who dismisses everything the team does well or optimistic fan who ignores the warts. 

In the midst of my 4th quarter anxiety (which was sky high!) and with his Mom and Grandmoms getting just as aggravated and questioning why the Bills were making mistakes my high schooler said something to the effect that this is why we watch sports. In the moment, he nailed it IMO.  

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What’s the over/under on McD calling a head scratching TO?

Are you talking about that late timeout where the defense wasn’t set and literally every dolphins receiver was open? lol.  Maybe the tv angle didn’t show that well?  That was a good timeout despite Skylar just missing a deep ball 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.