Gronk Almost Signed with Bills?

ExiledInIllinois

I would LOVE Gronk on this team and have been saying for for a few years now.

I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank, and he just indicated on a podcast that the Bills were pursuing him LAST YEAR.  He said something like "If it was meant to be, it would have happened then, but it didn't."

So if he is 100% not coming here, there isn't much to talk about.

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Lets just try nothing and hope pur defense can hold teams under 10pts!!

Is anyone saying that?

I'm certainly not, and I've been advocating for changes. Signing washed up, overpriced guys who have retired from the league twice isn't something I'd like to see the Bills do however. 

8 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Is anyone saying that?

I'm certainly not, and I've been advocating for changes. Signing washed up, overpriced guys who have retired from the league twice isn't something I'd like to see the Bills do however. 

Tony Gonzalez is still available at a spry 46 years old and Shannon Sharpe is still a young 54. Why not, right?  LMAO

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, Gugny said:

I, personally, would have LOVED to see Gronk in a Bills uniform.

The guy's got more rings than @John from Riverside has toes.  That kind of experience would have been invaluable.

What, John’s toes? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Is anyone saying that?

dudes skillset is perfect for an aging player. redzone target, 2 te sets, 3rd downs,anddddd done. he could lose 2 steps and be fine, hes never been a burner. find soft spot in zone, make basketball catch

also how many 33yr olds do we have on the team, add in the fact he skipped 2 years, and wasnt asked to contribute heavy playing time in TB

Edited by BillsShredder83

• 2 weeks later...

Travis Kelce passed Gronk tonight for 2nd in postseason TDs.  And proceeded to talk his usual smack after the game.  Meanwhile, Gronk is missing FanDuel FGs during the Super Bowl.  Gronk - You need to come out of retirement, join the Bills at a real hometown discount, and shut Kelce up by bringing the elusive Lombardi to Buffalo.  That’s how your football story needs to end. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

I just had a fairly heated back & forth w/ an opposing fan about Gronk.  I really still can't get over the dirty hit on Tre all those years ago.  And it has almost nothing to do w/ him being a Patriot & all that.

That hit made me legit sick to my stomach.  He could have really hurt Tre, and as it is, I think he did cause a concussion (if my memory is right on that).  It was the 4th quarter, they were up by 3 scores, and he lost it because White grabbed his jersey a couple of times in coverage.

It was just crazy 'roid rage kind of stuff.  Now, his national image is the "goofy frat guy," and he's in so many commercials playing that role.  I just smh every time I see him. It's one of the dirtiest plays I have seen in the sport.  

Do you feel that way (just asking anyone), or am I being too tough on him for that?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Do you feel that way (just asking anyone), or am I being too tough on him for that?

He was just a Meathead making a "Meathead" play.....I was actually more upset at the officials for not calling a penalty for it, and the NFL for not suspending him for at least one game for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Special K said:

He was just a Meathead making a "Meathead" play.....I was actually more upset at the officials for not calling a penalty for it, and the NFL for not suspending him for at least one game for it.

They did actually suspend him for a game... and Belichick apologized to McDermott afterward. I always thought it was another incident of "in-game bias" by the refs though. They were looking right at him while he did it and no penalty...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rob-gronkowskis-one-game-suspension-for-dirty-hit-on-bills-tredavious-white-is-upheld/

11 minutes ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

They did actually suspend him for a game... and Belichick apologized to McDermott afterward. I always thought it was another incident of "in-game bias" by the refs though. They were looking right at him while he did it and no penalty...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rob-gronkowskis-one-game-suspension-for-dirty-hit-on-bills-tredavious-white-is-upheld/

Okay, I knew for sure the in-game refs totally missed it, but did not remember that he got a suspension....thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.