Gronk Almost Signed with Bills?

ExiledInIllinois

• 2 weeks later...

As I sit here wondering what could help this suddenly floundering franchise it occurred to me that signing Gronk would help tremendously. The value(s) he would bring would be the following:

1. A great mentor for our 54M TE Dawson Knox, kind of like Von is to Rosseau.

2. Immediate help for the OL in blocking. 

3.I probably should have listed this one first. A great, great receiving threat, help compensate for our weak #2 WR position.

4. What a better story than hometown boy helps rescues a perennial loser of a franchise,  the Bills finally get to a Super Bowl again and hopefully win it this time. Gronk would help stop the bleeding and counterbalance the potential regression that this franchise is facing. 

5. It’s all about business, right? What a marketing coup this would be for the front office, franchise and community when it comes to merchandising.

6. Last but not least a move like this might be just about the one thing that could save and/or protect Beane and McDermott’s butts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

I stopped reading after you called us perennial losers

I guess our back to back AFL titles…. 88 89 90 91 93 95 20 21 22 divisional champ teams are losers 

Not too mention the only teams to go to 4 straight super bowls , a feat that will probably never be broken 

yes we are losers I don’t even know why I like this team 

end sarcasm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

As I sit here wondering what could help this suddenly floundering franchise it occurred to me that signing Gronk would help tremendously. The value(s) he would bring would be the following:

3.I probably should have listed this one first. A great, great receiving threat, help compensate for our weak #2 WR position.

4. What a better story than hometown boy helps rescues a perennial loser of a franchise,  the Bills finally get to a Super Bowl again and hopefully win it this time. Gronk would help stop the bleeding and counterbalance the potential regression that this franchise is facing. 

5. It’s all about business, right? What a marketing coup this would be for the front office, franchise and community when it comes to merchandising.

6. Last but not least a move like this might be just about the one thing that could save and/or protect Beane and McDermott’s butts.

I wouldn't frown at signing him, he may be motivated too by Kelce now tying his TD record in the postseason.  I wouldn't see this as an end all be all solution, but I think he can still offer enough to be a good player for this team on the right deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’d love to sign Gronk.  It’s been my hope to run more 2TE sets to help the run AND pass game.  Knox and Gronk could be tough.  

I’d question how much he has left in the tank though.  

Upgrading TE2 or making sure Morris gains another 10 LBs and improves his blocking would really help our O imo.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I cant believe that one week removed from scoring 10pts, with a chance to play kc in atlanta, so many ppl ate thumbing their nose at this.

Seems like a no brainer. We need a weapon... we need blocking... we need moew guys that have won, we dont want to part with assets to get that, and heres the greatest TE ever, a free agent.

Its not a pipe dream either. Hes flirted with it 2years now. Looking at a one year deal, likely with a voidable 2nd year to lessen the hit

This place is absolutely absurd sometimes

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Old ass Gronk is not helping this team.  I had the same thought as 947 above... its like signing Gore.  Great to have the star name on the team but thats all it is, a name. The player is done.

Even if he could play, he's probably going to want around $8M to do it based on what he made in Tampa. Combine that with what Knox is getting, that's way too much to have tied up in TEs, a position that Dorsey still needs to figure out what he's doing with.  

When you look at our offense, TE isn't one of the areas that immediately screams for attention like the O-line and WR2 do.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.