Apparently the balls are chipped

The Red King

I like that they are doing this finally. With the NFL getting married to Vegas, the integrity of the game should be their highest priority. And those that think games are fixed, believe it is the refs that influence and "nudge" games with penalties. 

The more we begin leaning on transparent and open-source technology, the more we will know everything is kosher. 

Start slow with the simpler things for technology to handle:
1. Ball tracking (touchdowns/1st downs/field goals/stepping out of bounds)
2. Offside/False Starts
3. Too many men on the field/Pre-Snap Penalties
4. Delay of game

Over the decades as technology progresses we can begin putting micro (nano?) tracking devices on the players that can measure force. This could tell us what is holding, pass interference, block in the back, etc. 

If we place this in an open-source format we can give the data to all levels of football starting with pee-wee so that players grow up having a very consistent understanding of what kind of force constitutes a penalty. This AI consistency of penalty calling will actually DECREASE penalties since players will build up muscle memory of what they can and can't get away with. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Yes, and I heard the ball’s position on the field relative to the goal line on the Huntley play in the Bengals game was changed by Italian satellites by a prominent sports betting company run by the Illuminati. 😃

Edited by Locomark
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/16/2023 at 4:03 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Obviously, you've never seen my short iron game.  The poor bastards on the next tee are as likely to be winged as me making the green. 🙁

Next tee? Lol. Hold my beer…on a good day I can peg the lady duffers 3 fairways to the right with my slice on a links course.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 3:59 PM, The Red King said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-world-furious-with-league-s-announcement-tonight/ar-AA16nRiP

I started a post awhile back asking why we couldn't use a chip to determine where the ball is/was.  Apparently they can do this, determining the Ravens QB was 0.5 yards short of the goal line.

As was stated in your other thread - they have had a chip in the ball for years.  The reason it is an issue is syncing everything up and determine in a pile when the ball was down.

They also struggle with the Ball direction since it is not a sphere - the length of the ball is different depending on the angle - so all testing is in play, but nothing exact.

Every player and the foot balls are all chipped allowing tons of data to be used, but the only time it can really provide data is if the RB or QB in Huntley’s case are never down and no whistle blows.  In that case they could get a fairly good idea of exactly how far the ball moved, but it still is not 100% accurate at this time, but provides realities data to confirm with visual images.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.