Bryce Young vs CJ Stroud - Both in the Draft now

Thrivefourfive

43 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Right around the time Burrow was doing his thing at LSU and Mahomes was doing his thing in year 2, I watched Stroud run a track meet offensive against a top notch opponent on a cold night CIF playoff game. It reminded me of what was happening in college and the NFL. He throws such a catchable ball. He’s talent just popped. Then he was wasn’t a five star, went to a loaded O St team, and earned it. I like that. 

Young has been mature beyond his years since middle school, and you’re getting a bonafide franchise face, with impeccable character. Sincere. He creates when there’s something of nothing, and runs QB like a point guard. His size is the only concern there, as I fear he’ll be tossed around like a rag doll. Tua. Russell Wilson is a tank. Young is not. 

These are the two guys. And we know who needs QB, so this conversation is now. It is interesting though that Detroit and Seattle accidentally have viable starters now, so I think those are perfect bridges for both rookies. 

Stroud was a consensus top 2-3 QB in his class 

He wasn’t some walk on or buried on the depth chart like guys like Stetson Bennett

he was considered an elite HS prospect

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Brees was 6-0 and Flutie??? 😂 his lack of  an arm was even more of a liability than being a midget. 

You’re thinking of old flutie. He had a very good arm coming out of BC.. I know I watched those games made me a BC fan lol.. 

Also Brees was said be 6 feet most will tell you he wasn’t it was a generous measurement lol

• Like (+1) 1

highest upside and the only one of them who has a chance to be a franchise qb is Richardson   Yes he's raw but the arm talent is crazy, he's built like a tank and he will probably run 4.4 40 yard dash  With the right coordinator and coaching he could be really special He also has the lowest floor  Watch Daboll get him and let him sit behind Daniel Jones for a year

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

You’re thinking of old flutie. He had a very good arm coming out of BC.. I know I watched those games made me a BC fan lol.. 

Also Brees was said be 6 feet most will tell you he wasn’t it was a generous measurement lol

It’s easy to lie about your height or weight 40 years ago in football 

There’s no way they lied about his measurement at his combine or pro day.. They’re literally getting treated like cattle with a bunch of scouts around them lol

You’re not measuring him at 69-70inches And getting away with marketing him at 72

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

highest upside and the only one of them who has a chance to be a franchise qb is Richardson   Yes he's raw but the arm talent is crazy, he's built like a tank and he will probably run 4.4 40 yard dash  With the right coordinator and coaching he could be really special He also has the lowest floor  Watch Daboll get him and let him sit behind Daniel Jones for a year

Having watched every throw of his career

He is downright terrible for the nfl game … Somebody will talk themselves into him because he looks the part

But he’s gonna bust 

15 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Stroud was a consensus top 2-3 QB in his class 

He wasn’t some walk on or buried on the depth chart like guys like Stetson Bennett

he was considered an elite HS prospect

Any idea how many five stars fail in college. All I said was he wasn’t a five star, at a school loaded with five stars, and he earned it. He didn’t come from the Trinity League either, or Corona Centennial HS.

Speaking of Bennett (for some reason), I think he’s going to make an impact in the NFL. I like him a lot as a pro. A late draft pick, and to the right team, he could be a real NFL comer.

It’s fun watching him spot some of these throws, if we’re allowed to enjoy these here 

9 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Any idea how many five stars fail in college. All I said was he wasn’t a five star, at a school loaded with five stars, and he earned it. He didn’t come from the Trinity League either, or Corona Centennial HS.

Speaking of Bennett (for some reason), I think he’s going to make an impact in the NFL. I like him a lot as a pro. A late draft pick, and to the right team, he could be a real NFL comer.

It’s fun watching him spot some of these throws, if we’re allowed to enjoy these here 

Yes I understand five stars fail I’ve been scouting and coaching and playing for 30 years

But not every four-star and even five star players(QBs) are created equal… 

It was clear watching the elite 11 in 2019 that Stroud was every bit as good as Bryce young and better than  DJ Uiagalelei … Rankings are slightly subjective especially in the top 30-100

Jackson Arnold is not the number one quarterback in this class… And I’ve seen him live and I’m gonna go on a limb and say he’s the best quarterback in the country in hs… better than arch by a good amount for the college game … Malachi a close 1B or 2

I’ve seen arch Manning play and I wouldn’t even make him a five star.. let alone #1 player in the country… Malachi , Nico and Arnold are better rn manning to me is a solid 4* guy with good pro potential but not the #1 guy rn 

and yes I like Bennett as a 6-7th rounder as a back up type 

Stroud should go ahead of young.. I just think he’s too small (young)tho I don’t think stroud is a big time prospect 

Levis is interesting…. Tons of people will love the physical potential of Anthony Richardson… But I don’t see it with him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Not sure where they go, but Stroud would be off my board, like all other QBs from Ohio State.

What prior QBs at a school did in the NFL has nothing to do with the latest QB.  How many NFL franchise QBs came from Wyoming prior to Josh?  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

What prior QBs at a school did in the NFL has nothing to do with the latest QB.  How many NFL franchise QBs came from Wyoming prior to Josh?  

Drew Breeze was going to go to Wyoming before Joe Tiller left, along with Ladanion Tomlinson.  Other than that does Casey Bramlet in NFL Europe count.

I think Young is the best QB in the class but I wouldn’t roll the dice on him surviving to play 12-15 years as the teams franchise star.  His frame just doesn’t pass the eye test for an NFL QB.  There are exceptions and I wish the kid well.  He seems like a class act.  

i could see stroud becoming a franchise QB but I think the chances are less than 50%

I would take Levis before Young

20 hours ago, H2o said:

I'm not big on either Stroud or Young, but Young would be my choice of the two. The QB class this year is weak overall imo. I actually like Will Levis and Hendon Hooker out of the entire group to have the best pro careers depending on the situation they land in. Also, the hype surrounding Anthony Richardson as a 1st Round pick is absolutely idiotic. The guy is terrible. He only completed 53% of his passes and didn't throw his 1st TD pass until THE 4th GAME of the season. Anyone who watched him should have the common sense to realize he's a day 3 prospect. 

I don't like this class either. I think it is better than last year but that isn't saying much. 

Young, Stroud and Levis will all go top 10 but I just don't know that you can do that with any confidence you have your guy.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.