Is it just me or do we always let offenses convert 3rd downs on us?

Ramza86

3 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

It happens every game, even yesterday, which was one of the D’S better outings. It’s a fraiser thing, has been for years. It’s why I’m highly critical of him

So overall ppg allowed and overall 3rd down defense aren’t that important to you, but some third and 10+ conversions are ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nope, you’re just like me and finally used to a team that is competent. So, stopping a team on third down just seems like the thing they should do every time. 

And therefore when they don’t stop them (which happens to every team and every defense) it really stands out in our minds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

What everyone is feeling is that this team gives up probably a higher percentage of third and fourth and long conversions than is normal. 

I kind of wonder if it is almost harder for them to be in that third and long situation—  it is similar to playing prevent. You are almost playing too much on your heels. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So overall ppg allowed and overall 3rd down defense aren’t that important to you, but some third and 10+ conversions are ? 

In every big loss it creeps up, I don’t care how often they stop Mac Jones. Minnesota it was laughably bad, Miami scored on 3rd and 22. It gets glossed over in wins, but happened multiple times yesterday too, and asi said, that was one of their better games

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

We are not good on critical down and distance. Personally, I think it has a lot to do with no Micha Hyde

But... that isn't a clever quip... 

22 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is a jersey color issue and the main reason it is posted every Wednesday 

That's better. I thought maybe you hadn't put the whiskey in your coffee this morning.

20 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Only when it's over 15 yards.  Under that we don't bother, we just stop them.  The long ones we like to give them.

So... Bills opponents... should actually try losing yardage on 1st and 2nd down?

😊

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

4/16

4/16

4/16

4/16

And they still gave up a 3rd and 19, and 2nd and 18, which was responsible for 10 pts… still happened, even in a pretty good outing for them. But I look forward to the D giving up 40 next week, and you blaming Josh for it

3 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

And they still gave up a 3rd and 19, and 2nd and 18, which was responsible for 10 pts… still happened, even in a pretty good outing for them. But I look forward to the D giving up 40 next week, and you blaming Josh for it

If Josh has 2 picks and 3 fumbles, one of them for 6, I will blame him for it.

Incredible that 2 picks and 3 fumbles are handwaved and 4/16 is handwaved.  It's fun living in an alternative reality, huh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.