McDaniel Getting High on the Sideline?

Gugny

6 hours ago, babulator said:

I'm blown away by this, idk what to make of it tbh. If he is vaping it most certainly is not nicotine. There is a clear and visible difference between the two when used, and not just in the color of your eyes.  Anyone that has done either can see this is not a nicotine vape.

How can you tell from that video? You never see a vape at all, let alone the color of the substance in the vape tank.

Its not even clear if he’s actually vaping.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

How can you tell from that video? You never see a vape at all, let alone the color of the substance in the vape tank.

Its not even clear if he’s actually vaping.

Someone would have filmed a giant vape cloud and it would not be a secret what he was or was not vaping. Without said cloud the only thing that is certain is that he is NOT vaping nicotine. 2 cents

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Not gonna lie if hes indeed vaping I would like him even more. I think he’s a solid coach. The dude has had a revolving door at QB and still made the playoffs. He turned TUA around. Tua’s injury concerns are another matter. 

Halmost turned Tua into a vegetable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

If Miami is going to emerge as our main rival within the division, I'm at least glad they have a cartoon-like, easy-to-hate head coach.  You need a little color like this to stoke a really good rivalry.  It's like how Miami-Buffalo would have been a good rivalry back in the 1990s anyway, but it took Bryan Cox to elevate it to the next level.

We have been blessed indeed with cartoon villains in the East for many decades—prolly deserving of its own thread! Hoodie ‘Emperor’ Belichick, Adam ‘Eyeballs’ Gase, our own tandem bike riding Ryans, etc., etc…😅

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:09 PM, babulator said:

Someone would have filmed a giant vape cloud and it would not be a secret what he was or was not vaping. Without said cloud the only thing that is certain is that he is NOT vaping nicotine. 2 cents

The only thing that is clear from that video is that he put his hand up to his lips. Did he blow into his hand? Was he hitting a vape? The video cuts away too soon to tell. Don’t you agree?

Also, even if we saw a vape cloud I think it would only tell us he was vaping. Not what he was vaping. You can definitely produce huge clouds of vape smoke from nicotine. I’ve been in a vape shop/lounge where guys filled half the store with a cloud of nicotine from a single inhale off a vape using one of those vapes with the big wide mouth pieces on them (can’t remember what they’re called). 

On 1/16/2023 at 11:46 AM, bigduke6 said:

im not sure how the players actually respect McDaniels.    im told hes wicked smart,  thats cool,  but he gives off that poser hipster vibe that im sure the actual talent on the team isnt really into.   ive met alot of large football players,  tough guys,  meatheads.   strikes me as odd that theyd follow a guy that gives off those vibes.   just his voice alone is irritating.    winning cures all evils though.   mbe hes a genuis,  and guys love to win.  mbe its just that easy.

Sounds like you're just projecting your own feelings.

Players are friends with and respect all sorts of people. They're normal people like everyone else.

• Agree 3

I have no opinion on whether or what he was vaping

I think McDaniel is a sneaky good coach, and the players are generally going hard for him.

I know no evil of him; regarding Tua, he may well have been trusting his doctors and his INC

I can't shake my unsubstantiated impression that he's an untrustworthy weasel of a guy

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Sounds like you're just projecting your own feelings.

Players are friends with and respect all sorts of people. They're normal people like everyone else.

Plus this.  Take a guy who improves the QB's confidence and gets him functioning better (first step towards a better W record), and who says follow me I'll make you winners - players will for sure take that as they find it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

The only thing that is clear from that video is that he put his hand up to his lips. Did he blow into his hand? Was he hitting a vape? The video cuts away too soon to tell. Don’t you agree?

Also, even if we saw a vape cloud I think it would only tell us he was vaping. Not what he was vaping. You can definitely produce huge clouds of vape smoke from nicotine. I’ve been in a vape shop/lounge where guys filled half the store with a cloud of nicotine from a single inhale off a vape using one of those vapes with the big wide mouth pieces on them (can’t remember what they’re called). 

The clouds generated from nicotine compared to cannabis or CBD are noticeably different. One could fairly easily hide vaping cannabis or CBD, one could not hide vaping nicotine, period. 

Again the only thing that is clear to me, is that he is not vaping nicotine. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I have no opinion on whether or what he was vaping

I think McDaniel is a sneaky good coach, and the players are generally going hard for him.

I know no evil of him; regarding Tua, he may well have been trusting his doctors and his INC

I can't shake my unsubstantiated impression that he's an untrustworthy weasel of a guy

Plus this.  Take a guy who improves the QB's confidence and gets him functioning better (first step towards a better W record), and who says follow me I'll make you winners - players will for sure take that as they find it.

I partly agree.  I think he has an excellent offensive mind for play design and offensive scheme.   He would scheme players wide open in his offense creating easy throws for Tua.  

As far as a head coach I think the jury is still out.  He had some very bad luck with injuries, which is a factor.  But then again he went 1-5 down the stretch, losing almost every must win game along the way.  

Yes he made the playoffs but the team spent a ton of money and draft picks spent on players this season, and yet he was unable to build off the 9-8 record which Brian Flores was fired for.  

Then there are his antics like “I wish were colder” that just made him look goofy.  Someone in the media said he was kind of like Rex Ryan in that regard, and it’s tough to disagree.  

He is very young though and has time to improve 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.