McDaniel Getting High on the Sideline?

Gugny

Lady 2 rows in front of us kept tokin up during the game and security came and said hey don't do that and took her lighter. As the guy was walking away she took out another lighter and lol'ed. People really can't go 3 hours without smoking?

Edited by KDIGGZ

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lady 2 rows in front of us kept tokin up during the game and security game and said hey don't do that and took her lighter. As the guy was walking away she took out another lighter and lol'ed. People really can't go 3 hours without smoking?

That is rude and obnoxious.  What a rotten w.hore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

McDaniel is a poor and confusing speaker. The things he says are often long and rambling and senseless. 

He gets credit as a boy genius, but he seems a bit like a buffoon to me. Maybe it's a Rain Man situation. I don't know. I just know that I'm often left scratching my head after he speaks.

He does seem to be on the spectrum. Obviously smart (you don't even get near Yale if you're not), but a strange affect. Weird things he says are often taken as deadpan humor, but he never signals that he intended them as humor with a wry smile. Odd bird. I enjoy having him in the NFL if only because he's the polar opposite of the tough talking typical head coach. (McD has some of that in him too, although to a much lesser degree. It's a new generation!)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Honestly he strikes me as perhaps being somewhat on the spectrum. He seems like his head is jam packed with football knowledge and overall is a smart guy but he has trouble with articulation of a point without some rambling meander through the woods first. I would go nuts covering his pressers. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Obviously smart (you don't even get near Yale if you're not)

... unless your dad is a wealthy alumnus who donates to the school.

I don't know anything about McDaniel or whether he got into Yale because of his intelligence or through nepotism - just pointing out that dumb people have gotten into Yale for reasons other than academic achievement.

im not sure how the players actually respect McDaniels.    im told hes wicked smart,  thats cool,  but he gives off that poser hipster vibe that im sure the actual talent on the team isnt really into.   ive met alot of large football players,  tough guys,  meatheads.   strikes me as odd that theyd follow a guy that gives off those vibes.   just his voice alone is irritating.    winning cures all evils though.   mbe hes a genuis,  and guys love to win.  mbe its just that easy.

1 hour ago, CoffeeDrip said:

Honestly he strikes me as perhaps being somewhat on the spectrum. He seems like his head is jam packed with football knowledge and overall is a smart guy but he has trouble with articulation of a point without some rambling meander through the woods first. I would go nuts covering his pressers. 

Agree. Given his comms skills, you gotta wonder how his HC interview went. Probably bizarro land. The owner, Stephen Ross, must be very patient and open minded.

51 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

im not sure how the players actually respect McDaniels.    im told hes wicked smart,  thats cool,  but he gives off that poser hipster vibe that im sure the actual talent on the team isnt really into.   ive met alot of large football players,  tough guys,  meatheads.   strikes me as odd that theyd follow a guy that gives off those vibes.   just his voice alone is irritating.    winning cures all evils though.   mbe hes a genuis,  and guys love to win.  mbe its just that easy.

I think players follow coaches who demonstrate knowledge and then who are genuine (not fake persona) men. Like him or not, IT McDaniels seems damn genuine and when he had Tua, very competent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, foreboding said:

I think players follow coaches who demonstrate knowledge and then who are genuine (not fake persona) men. Like him or not, IT McDaniels seems damn genuine and when he had Tua, very competent.

His incompetence is part of the reason Tua couldn't play yesterday.  He genuinely put winning football games ahead of Tua's health ... then proceeded to lie about it.  "Back injury," my ass.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

He seems like the kind of guy that would be treated like a mascot by some of the players.  They all knew a guy like him in high school; he was the statistician or the manager.  Marv had a bit of that vibe going on too ("Look it up, Thurman"), but he was different -- besides the fact that he made sense when he spoke, he never pretended to be a big X's and O's genius.  His talent was in hiring people who knew what they were doing, and in treating players like men rather than like fungible assets.  The entire team would run through a wall for him.  He commanded respect.  It helped that he was older, too.  

And Marv would never have worn such a stupid t-shirt.

Edited by BRH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.