Who starts opposite Rousseau?

GreggTX

I know AJE started out well, but frankly, Shaq is playing way better. Granted, Lawson isn't special, but he does make plays once in a while. AJE has been invisible lately. Has Shaq been starting? I haven't noticed their snap counts either. Sorry if this is old news, but I'm overseas and sometimes the internet isn't available

Also, if you're abroad, NFL-Video.com gives you full game broadcasts for FREE after the games end.

• Like (+1) 2

I appreciate this thread as it addresses a particular discussion and simply does not echo the platitudes of frustration.

To me, Lawson earned it.  Once film is reviewed the Bills should determine if AJE is where he needs to be to contribute in meaningful manner, if not elevate Kingsley Jonathon.  What is the harm?

We need a spark and contributions; the one and done season does not afford us the chance to hope.  Film won't lie.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

I appreciate this thread as it addresses a particular discussion and simply does not echo the platitudes of frustration.

To me, Lawson earned it.  Once film is reviewed the Bills should determine if AJE is where he needs to be to contribute in meaningful manner, if not elevate Kingsley Jonathon.  What is the harm?

We need a spark and contributions; the one and done season does not afford us the chance to hope.  Film won't lie.

I am honestly wondering why Kingsley Jonathan is not getting more burn

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Von Miller is the only answer that makes a real difference.   And he is gone.   Pass rush is no better than it was last playoff season.    97 was the only possible addition to push the middle on Burrow, but he is out out as well.   Kind of sucks.  

Not only does it suck but it will probably do us in. With anemic pressure Joe Burrow who already gets the ball off fast will carve us up. Higgins and Chase our two good for our current secondary. Ed Oliver needs to have a career day. If  Shaq can set the edge and help keep the running game funneled to the middle and Edmunds and Milano shut down the running game we got a shot. Taron Johnson is such an underrated nickel corner and is playing really well ( if he’s able to go) .

the Defense has its work cut out for it. I don’t think we match up very well with Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Shaq  just plays with a “junkyard dog” mentality....he’s one of the few players on D who brings that kind of attitude to the field...helps give the D the edge it needs.

Absolutely that’s why getting him and Jordan Phillips back was almost as important imo as bringing on Von.  Our D didn’t have any killers that bring that juice.  Shaq and Phillips are dogs that get everyone including the crowd juiced up.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's a one trick pony. Seems to try to beat opponents with speed only. I've rarely seen him switch speed to power. 

He’s been really solid think it’s cause he’s not a a 10 sack guy which is what people thought they where getting when they drafted him where he was crushing people at Iowa. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I am honestly wondering why Kingsley Jonathan is not getting more burn

Well he couldn't line up properly against the Bears so I imagine that is part of it. He got flagged once and got away with two more to my eye. AJE is inconsistent down to down, but I think at the moment he is superior to Jonathan (who has some tools but it super raw). Boogie actually played a nice game yesterday. I am not at all as down as some are on the pass rush. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Shaq Lawson deserves it as he has played the best over the last few weeks.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well he couldn't line up properly against the Bears so I imagine that is part of it. He got flagged once and got away with two more to my eye. AJE is inconsistent down to down, but I think at the moment he is superior to Jonathan (who has some tools but it super raw). Boogie actually played a nice game yesterday. I am not at all as down as some are on the pass rush. 

I am.  I saw all day what we used to see the last 2-3 years, what we signed Von Miller for.  Overpursuit and flushed Thompson out of the pocket on probably half of his attempts.  We do that against KC, we won't touch Mahomes.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.