Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

3 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Dammit, I want you to watch the video because it's the Rick Astley video :D  Guess I'll never make it as an interent troll.  Of course our window is wide open.

Damn I just thought you messed up the link. Your trolling is actually first rate my comprehension and recognition needs a little work.

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

of course not,   gj picking the one time it worked to try and make your point though.   go find the other 6 that killed drives.

Do you mean the 50+ yard pass that Shakir dropped?  Or the shot to Diggs in the end zone that missed by a couple of inches?

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Damn I just thought you messed up the link. Your trolling is actually first rate my comprehension and recognition needs a little work.

Heh.  I guess the depressing thing is that my post was easy to take seriously because so many Bills fans are earnestly turning on Josh right now.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Do you mean the 50+ yard pass that Shakir dropped?  Or the shot to Diggs in the end zone that missed by a couple of inches?

only works,  if it actually works.    there was a reason why Miami was gifting those 1 on 1s.   daring our QB to make low percentage throws.   you guys all remember Tyrod right?   same crap teams dared him to do.    yes Josh is miles better than Tyrod,  and yes he can hit those occasionally.   if youre gonna live and die by those throws,  youre going to end up really disappointed.   defenses bait those throws.....to kill drives.  end of story.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Is it the play calling? A lot of times they run the ball on 1st down and loose yardage.

I would say we already know the answer and that at a minimum it's worked out just as well and probably better.  Even if we lose on Sunday the Bills will have gone 14 - 4 and losing in the divisional round.  Last year they went 13 - 7 losing in the divisional round.  And all the offensive metrics are pretty much the same between the two seasons.

too many low percentage pass plays.  this team can dink and dunk all day long and they should do more of it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

only works,  if it actually works.    there was a reason why Miami was gifting those 1 on 1s.   daring our QB to make low percentage throws.   you guys all remember Tyrod right?   same crap teams dared him to do.    yes Josh is miles better than Tyrod,  and yes he can hit those occasionally.   if youre gonna live and die by those throws,  youre going to end up really disappointed.   defenses bait those throws.....to kill drives.  end of story.

Miami was very lucky to have the game be as close as it was.  If they played 5 times and Miami ran the exact same defense and the Bills attacked it in the exact same way yesterday's game would be the closest with the Bills beating Miami by much greater margins in the other 4 games.

1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

too many low percentage pass plays.  this team can dink and dunk all day long and they should do more of it.  

Dinking & dunking doesn't seem to be all that effective unless you have a Kelsy or McCaffrey that can generate serious YAC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

of course not,   gj picking the one time it worked to try and make your point though.   go find the other 6 that killed drives.

Allen completed 4 of 11 deep shots against the blitz yesterday. 3 of the incompletions hit the intended receiver in the hands. So when do you want Allen taking those shots in single coverage when his WR has leverage? Never?

8 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

daring our QB to make low percentage throws.   you guys all remember Tyrod right?   same crap teams dared him to do.

Oh so you just don't know what you're watching? Alright. My bad.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Miami was very lucky to have the game be as close as it was.  If they played 5 times and Miami ran the exact same defense and the Bills attacked it in the exact same way yesterday's game would be the closest with the Bills beating Miami by much greater margins in the other 4 games.

Dinking & dunking doesn't seem to be all that effective unless you have a Kelsy or McCaffrey that can generate serious YAC.

I hear you but the Bills could do it well- play possession ball- move the chains and rack up some long time consuming drives. No need for killer YAC if they are just trying to move the chains.  They could shred teams with the right plays.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

Nothing like having an opinion, and feeling the need to make your point by writing a whole lot of fiction stating how so many people are against you and what you think.

11 hours ago, ChasBB said:

I would give it about one half of football with Josh throwing checkdowns for this fan base to give Allen the moniker of "Captain Checkdown".  Can't win.

I heard moaning for weeks that the Bills had dropped the long pass game. To this week complaining they did it too much ha ha. To be fair, it IS true, just not to the overboard extent some go to.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

If we dinked and dunked all day long, the fan base would be complaining about why the Bills aren't talking advantage of Josh's bazooka. 

Miami was giving up the long ball yesterday ( not b/c they were baiting us, but b/c they couldn't cover us ). Josh threw for 352 and it could've easily been over 400 

with a couple more catches by the wideouts.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen completed 4 of 11 deep shots against the blitz yesterday. 3 of the incompletions hit the intended receiver in the hands. So when do you want Allen taking those shots in single coverage when his WR has leverage? Never?

Oh so you just don't know what you're watching? Alright. My bad.

lol ok....  

imma make sure i bookmark this thread and revisit it later.  i sure hope im wrong and the Bengals and god willing the Chefs dont play this D against us.   

you do realize those 1 on 1 long bombs ask alot in pass pro right?  like for instance,  the play where Josh fumbles and they scored a TD right?

i never said you dont take shots.   you dont do it 70% of the time though.   

Edited by bigduke6
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You compared Josh Allen to Tyrod Tayor... lol is right

oh ffs.....you cant even read.

good enough reason right there to end this back and forth.

its too bad,  i usually find you to be one of the regular posters on here that actually has some common sense.    

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

i sure hope im wrong and the Bengals and god willing the Chefs dont play this D against us.   

Oh god I hope the Bengals and Chiefs leave Diggs and Davis in single coverage on deep shots all day. With those CBs? Fingers crossed our WRs don't drop 27% of those targets, we win those games going away. The Dolphins defensive gameplan was a result of desperation. They didn't really stop us or slow us down, we just had too many mistakes in critical moments. No chance we will see that defense again until we play Miami next year and that's only if Josh Boyer is retained.

19 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

Allen will be fine.  He knows what went well and what can be improved on.  He makes some mistakes, but show me the QB who has ever had a perfect QBR for the season.  My gripe is normally with the playcalling rather than anything Josh is doing.

This is Josh's 4th full season at the helm of this offense.  Maybe it's even time to start letting him call some of his own plays. He understands coverages and what teams are trying to do to stop them.  I have that kind of faith in him.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, NUT said:

Allen is likely highly influencing the playcalling. And it seems so many of the concepts with Dorsey have a deep option.

There is no proof for such speculation.  Allen's capabilities may be influencing! Go Bills !

Edited by ganesh
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.