Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Who won the game? Who finished the game with 3 td's and over 350 yards passing? Any mistakes he made he overcame them. Go root for KC or Cinci.

The Bills won the game.

Josh was pissed at himself today. Talked about how much he hurt the team with turnovers.  If he can say it, why can't you?  Maybe you should go root for KC instead.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

My advice to Josh.  Keep smiling and playing your game homie.  Nobody carries their team week in and week out like Ja17 does.  I put it on Dorsey to get our weapons involved in the running game and short passing game. after five years of Josh we know if there is shot to take Josh is gonna let it rip, it’s just who he is.  I’m ride or die with JA17.  

Josh isn't reading your post, and he doesn't care about it.

Also, what choice do you have other than to "ride or die" with Josh Allen?  

You're not involved in the decision making processes affecting this team.

Just a little dose of reality for you on a Monday morning.

🤗

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why is it so hard to understand Allen is our only hope AND he needs to play better?

If Burrow or Mahommes throws two INTs, fumbles three times, and takes 7 sacks, there is a great chance Bills win. Both of those guys just like Allen can overcome those mistakes but it makes the game a lot harder.

The INT on the throw to Beasley looks like a missed defensive holding and then a good play by the defender to get his hand in front of Cole's chest.  The other pick, looks like Brown cut off the route for some reason. Should have been a 50/50 ball. 

The fumbles were an issue in the past and they came back yesterday. The sack fumble TD was all Allen's fault. All he has to do is loft that pass to Motor for a nice easy completion and 5-10 yard gain. The fumble on the scramble also his fault. The fumble in the pocket was a really nice play by the defender.  Allen probably could have stepped up in the pocket a half step but in the end good play made by the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My issue with this mindset is that a 17 point lead in the 2nd quarter isn't enough to completely take your foot off the gas pedal. There are always shorter options available on deep completions. But if Allen's read tells him the deep throw is there, he's going to take it. This wasn't like the interception in the Bears game where he forced a throw into double coverage. If John Brown finished his route either a deep completion was there to be had or they would move on to 2nd and 10. And then none of us would be sitting here talking about Allen forcing the throw. Maybe on Shakir's deep pass that he dropped there were shorter options available but everyone seems to agree Allen made a good read there despite that also being a situation where we were up 17 points. Ultimately the receiver has to hold up his end of the bargain too.

I don't ever want Allen walking up to the line with the mindset of "I don't trust that my guy is going to make the play that is there." When that's his mindset is career is over. Instead of asking Allen to change his entire style we should probably just get receivers that can run downfield routes and catch the ball when it hits their hands. That's my take on it. This whole "why doesn't Allen check the ball down more?" narrative that has popped up this year is, to me, an excuse people use instead of acknowledging the real problem which is that our pass catchers just haven't been good enough this year. And that's how you end up with two past their prime off-the-street WRs making critical mistakes in a playoff game that lead to turnovers.

And we have a great counterexample of this point from the games this weekend - the Chargers went up 27-0 and tried dinking and dunking their way to victory. That strategy allowed an inferior opponent to get back into the game and win.

Some of the greatest and most winning quarterbacks in the history of the NFL... Tom Brady, Joe Montana... relied mostly on short stuff, and not relentlessly attacking downfield.  Even guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees seemed to have a balance between short, intermediate and deep.

You can't always look at the check-down as a give-up play.  Sometimes the game situation calls for smarter and safer plays, controlling the clock and gradually moving down the field.  

The funny thing is... Dorsey/Allen seem to understand this in certain situations.  Give them the ball with 3 minutes left in the half, they will call a nice balance of runs/passes.  Chewing up clock and taking the short stuff, so they can get the last score and don't leave time on the clock.  If they could take that kind of mentality and use it on maybe 2-3 additional drives per game (while staying really aggressive on the others), I think everything would run way smoother.

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

Terrific. But that’s not good enough. Allen is a panicked, erratic, inaccurate, turnover machine. His decision making is inexplicable. His ball security is non-existent. It may be injuries, it may be distrust in the play calling/OL, or it may be who he is. But no more whitewashing and no more pretending he’s better than he is.

Neither INT was on him, stop. Dudes got Brown and Beasley out there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Couple things 

1.  First pick with John brown running the wrong route it appear or Allen threw inside when Brown broke outside?  Not sure…but they need to get better understanding there.  Miami backend defense is legit 

not sure why that is overlooked they are good on the back end

2.  Beasley was interfered with terribly.  Tony Romo mentioned he was held and couldn’t come back to the ball more

common thread on both picks?  Lack of continuity with those receivers. - no excuses but it’s something to ponder

same thing with some of the picks this season - the numbers are jarring that some of Allen’s picks went to one guys direction - Gabe Davis - they seemed to have fixed that issue. (At least I hope because we need Gabe to step up)

blame Dawkins on the last fumble - he needs to come to play every snap against these linemen from Cincinnati.

fumble?  That was the Josh you say, “dude that was just stupid” - no excuse there but I don’t think he does that again

miami was playing DANGEROUS defense - worked at times but we burned them the first half and like GMFB just mentioend no other team will try that again.  Miami was desperate to make something happen and just said wing it let’s go!!!  Engage 8 and see what happens

they were gambling  

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The Bills won the game.

Josh was pissed at himself today. Talked about how much he hurt the team with turnovers.  If he can say it, why can't you?  Maybe you should go root for KC instead.

Convinced they’re bengals fans

2 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Neither INT was on him, stop. Dudes got Brown and Beasley out there 

Yep - I’d be more concerned if his picks were towards Diggs, Davis and Dawson

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why is it so hard to understand Allen is our only hope AND he needs to play better?

If Burrow or Mahommes throws two INTs, fumbles three times, and takes 7 sacks, there is a great chance Bills win. Both of those guys just like Allen can overcome those mistakes but it makes the game a lot harder.

The INT on the throw to Beasley looks like a missed defensive holding and then a good play by the defender to get his hand in front of Cole's chest.  The other pick, looks like Brown cut off the route for some reason. Should have been a 50/50 ball. 

The fumbles were an issue in the past and they came back yesterday. The sack fumble TD was all Allen's fault. All he has to do is loft that pass to Motor for a nice easy completion and 5-10 yard gain. The fumble on the scramble also his fault. The fumble in the pocket was a really nice play by the defender.  Allen probably could have stepped up in the pocket a half step but in the end good play made by the defense. 

So many Bills fans are used to defending the like of EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor against well-earned criticism that now that we have an incredible QB, they reflexively have to argue that he's perfect.

Josh Allen is a one of a kind, awesome, incredible QB. A pick or a fumble six is a bad play. Both can be true. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My only issue isn’t allen

the drive on the pick to Beasley I don’t see any reason to throw it there.

james cook just took off on two of the biggest holes I’ve seen our line open up - massive holes

so we throw ….that’s my issue with that drive on the luck with Beasley 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh isn't reading your post, and he doesn't care about it.

Also, what choice do you have other than to "ride or die" with Josh Allen?  

You're not involved in the decision making processes affecting this team.

Just a little dose of reality for you on a Monday morning.

🤗

Damn Josh isn’t going to see this?  I’m not gonna B word and moan like everyone else about the turnovers or reckless play because it’s who Josh is.  I’ve learned to accept it and I’ll ride or die with Josh and not act like some expert who is breaking down film and acting what plays to call.  He’s gonna be aggressive and I’m gonna enjoy the ***** out of it.   Thanks for the dose of reality though cupcake 

I posted this in another thread, but it's specifically about Allen so I'll re-post it here.

The key to beating Allen is making him uncomfortable,,, and he had several uncomfortable moments in the pocket yesterday..  Miami caved in the pocket and clogged up the middle running lanes on several occasions.  It was a really nice job by Miami's D.  They caused chaos around Allen.  Most teams won't blitz Josh because he often burns them badly.  But Miami said screw it and brought the heat often and it worked enough to be a major reason why Miami stayed in the game..... because it caused mistakes and incompletions.  

It will be interesting if Cincinnati tries to copy what Miami did.  But lets keep in Mind Buffalo still scored 34,,,and that was including a missed 4th down conversion in FG range on the first drive.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The key to beating Allen is making him uncomfortable,,,

That is why they need to pump more Sinatra into the lockerroom pre-game; it truly is about Josh finding a place of "calm and confident" to either delay or mitigate being uncomfortable. 

I feel Sinatra made Josh feel comfortable being uncomfortable.  We do not hear about it as much as last year.   

31 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Some of the greatest and most winning quarterbacks in the history of the NFL... Tom Brady, Joe Montana... relied mostly on short stuff, and not relentlessly attacking downfield.  Even guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees seemed to have a balance between short, intermediate and deep.

The NFL has changed drastically just in the last 5 years. You can't win without being aggressive anymore. The Patriots method of winning during their dynasty wouldn't work in the Allen/Mahomes era, I truly believe that.

I'm fine if Dorsey wants to call more run plays when we're winning to chew up clock. But I don't want Allen passing up deep reads because he's decided it's time to go into a shell. The coaches dictate the aggressiveness with their play calls. Allen's job is to execute the play according to the reads.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The NFL has changed drastically just in the last 5 years. You can't win without being aggressive anymore. The Patriots method of winning during their dynasty wouldn't work in the Allen/Mahomes era, I truly believe that.

I'm fine if Dorsey wants to call more run plays when we're winning to chew up clock. But I don't want Allen passing up deep reads because he's decided it's time to go into a shell. The coaches dictate the aggressiveness with their play calls. Allen's job is to execute the play according to the reads.

Oh buddy no. That twin TE set Pats team would annihilate teams. Imagine Edmunds and Milano contending with Gronk and Hernandez in the run game for 4 Q’s. 

Nightmare fuel.

10 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Welp, I've been reading up on the board, and it looks like Allen had another TERRIBLE GAME, with the Bills winning DESPITE HIM for the 8th game in a row. 

3 Fumbles!  2 INTS!  Completions under 60%!  This guy is a liability. 

BAD JOSH!  I'm tired of HERO BALL.  The ARM ARROGANCE.  352 Yards with long shots to Diggs, Davis and Shakir just don't make up for it. Neither does the perfectly placed TD pass to Knox.  Or the timely run to pick up a key 1st down.  This guy does not deserve a roster spot, let alone a game ball. 

It's time to get Keenum and Barkley ready to go for next week, because they RESPECT BALL SECURITY.

Go Bills!

🤣 Who let the Cincy fan in.

If no one is ever allowed to criticize Josh Allen or point out times when he makes boneheaded plays, it's gonna be a loooooong decade around here.

Josh Allen is the primary reason the Bills are yearly Super Bowl contenders.

Josh Allen sometimes makes really dumb decisions, disregards situational football, and needlessly puts the ball in harm's way.

Both of these things can be true!

It is OKAY to point out that Josh Allen -- despite being an elite franchise quarterback who may go down as the best the Bills have ever had -- sometimes makes bad plays, sometimes costs the team points, sometimes keeps lesser opponents in games with his carelessness. It's OKAY! It's OKAY to critique your quarterback! It doesn't make you any less of a fan!

The "no one is allowed to badmouth Josh Allen" hero worship is ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.