Josh Allen Bashers, what's your solution?

ChicagoRic

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We don't know what the read was. It could be that Allen is supposed to throw the deep ball in 1v1 no matter what. It happened enough times in this game that I have to think that is the case. My point is that if Brown just finishes his route no one would be sitting here today saying Allen forced the throw. Every decision looks stupid when it doesn't work.

It doesn't look like that is the case on that play, whereas it does on some others. I don't want to make Josh super safe. But I didn't like that decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I'm more concerned we ignored Cook and Singletary most of the game. No catches for either and seems like all patterns are deep

I suspect we had our RBs blocking for most of the game. The Dolphins blitzed us on 52.2% of dropbacks. We kept extra blockers as much as we could. Personally I would like to see more designed passes to Cook, I'm not sure why that element has been completely missing from our offense.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The Dolphins defensive gameplan dictated that we throw the ball deep a lot. The problem is three deep throws bounced off the hands of Davis, Diggs, and Shakir, and on another one John Brown stopped running his route and it got picked. That's too many missed opportunities. We honestly should have scored like 50 points in this game and that's only because of Allen's arm talent.

Josh had a fumble returned for a TD and another fumble late in the game.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I guarantee you that 95% of the other teams in the league would not consider this to be a problem

Every team thinks 3 fumbles is a problem, 1 for 6.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Josh had a fumble returned for a TD and another fumble late in the game.

The fumble TD was 100% on him, he misread the blitz both pre- and post-snap and then didn't control the ball when going to the ground. Huge mistake that could have cost us the game. I still contend that we should have scored close to 50 points in this game because of Allen's abilities.

My advice to Josh.  Keep smiling and playing your game homie.  Nobody carries their team week in and week out like Ja17 does.  I put it on Dorsey to get our weapons involved in the running game and short passing game. after five years of Josh we know if there is shot to take Josh is gonna let it rip, it’s just who he is.  I’m ride or die with JA17.  

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

Picks weren’t on him.  

Fumble was.. gotta eat that. 

Me personally, just check it down once in a while.  Even if it’s just a designed check down to keep the chains moving and keep the opposing defense honest.

You want to launch another laser after we get 7-8 yards on a 2nd and 5 when we need a small semblance of momentum/possession.. have at it.   

That first pick was ABSOLUTELY on him. Look We all love Josh and he’s an absolutely amazing player. I just need him not to have these Boneheaded hero decisions on Sunday versus Bengals. He does that and we have no issues.

43 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Josh was looking deep b/c guys were open - barely missed Diggs in the 1st quarter, drop by Shakir, TD to Gabe, near TD to Diggs, last 2 to Gabe just barely overthrown. Was Brown open on the INT - yes, if the ball had been thrown a few yards farther might have been a TD.

In hindsight, should he have been looking at the 15-20 yards routes or checkdowns ... sure. We also don't know what Dorsey called. 

I agree with everything you’ve said here but at some point during the game, perhaps the 4th they should’ve been looking short to kill the clock and move the chains. Instead they insisted on the kill shot. I’m not sure why? Daboll was better at keeping Josh under control perhaps. Josh and Ken both have QB mentality maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I agree with everything you’ve said here but at some point during the game, perhaps the 4th they should’ve been looking short to kill the clock and move the chains. Instead they insisted on the kill shot. I’m not sure why? Daboll was better at keeping Josh under control perhaps. Josh and Ken both have QB mentality maybe?

That could certainly be part of it - I was ok with the 1st throw to Gabe but the 2nd was just a bad play call. It could also be with the linebackers dropping back into coverage that Knox/Beasley and RB checkdowns just weren't feasible. 

1 minute ago, Sharky7337 said:

Man these care bears that can't take constructive criticism. Someone queue up the participation trophies after our next loss if we don't make it to the superbowl.

Only one team ends the playoffs with a win, this week the Bills got one. Got a problem with Josh? Go root for KC or Cinci.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, wnyguy said:

Only one team ends the playoffs with a win, this week the Bills got one. Got a problem with Josh? Go root for KC or Cinci.

Agreed - if not injured, Josh will turn out to be the best QB the Bills have ever seen. All of Jimbo's records will likely fall and hopefully we'll have a couple 

of championships. All with a supporting cast probably not as good as Kelly had. 

• Agree 1

Daniel Jones turned into playoff Josh yesterday and Josh turned into Daniel Jones.  BUT, with Josh Allen the Bills have the largest margin for error than any other team in the NFL.  By that, I mean he can make more mistakes and the Bills still have a chance to come back and win.  That was a Loss for just about every other team.

I just don't get the need to throw so many low% deep passes, when there are clear options, wide open underneath?  Sure, take a deep shot now and then on 1st down, or maybe 2nd and short but Josh doesn't need to swing for home runs so often.  You miss and it kills the drive.

Also, when the Bills try to run on 2nd and 8 and get 2 yards it often kills the drive too.   

Allen need to hang on to the ball when he gets hit.  He's been loosey goosey like 2019.

But I agree, without JA, the Bills aren't even close to the AFC final 4.  Probably not even a playoff team.  He's the sole reason.

7 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Yes, I have a problem with Josh fumbling for TD's and throwing picks.

McD also has a problem with it.

Josh himself also has a problem with it.

The people pretending it isn't a problem, why?

Just now, FireChans said:

Yes, I have a problem with Josh fumbling for TD's and throwing picks.

McD also has a problem with it.

Josh himself also has a problem with it.

The people pretending it isn't a problem, why?

Who won the game? Who finished the game with 3 td's and over 350 yards passing? Any mistakes he made he overcame them. Go root for KC or Cinci.

• Like (+1) 1

JA17 needs to hit the check down more often. Teams are going to continue to try to take the top off this offense. With that said, there is clearly a give and take regarding this, considering his ability to extend plays with his legs. Its one of those funny things, when hero ball is successful, we all love it. But when there is miscommunication/turnovers we all grab our pitch forks.

Just win baby, Idc how ugly it looks.

Go Bills!

I’ve listened to WGR all morning and essentially they want perfection.

They want the deep ball, but they also want checkdowns to running backs. 

They don’t want the Bills to ever run, except when a game needs to be iced.

They want Josh to run and get down, but also say that Josh has to make plays. 

Fans crying for Daboll again.

Shakir catches a ball, and Allen has 400 yards, and 475 yards of offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

People get very defensive over any criticism of their favorite young millionaires, who don't know they even exist.  With that said, Allen amazing with a handful of wtf decisions sprinkled in at unfortunate moments.

Quite true! But that's because, at least for a portion of them, they succumb to some sort of strange psychological phenomenon whereby they associate themselves (the fan) with the team or player specifically.  It's all one thing in their mind, so a criticism of the player/team amounts to a criticism of the fan.

These people need to take a step back and gain a little clarity.  They are NOT on the team and the team doesn't know who they are, or care about them.  AT ALL.

It's kind of fun to study though.

• Agree 1

I don't have a big problem with the way Josh is playing but when he runs i wish he would take better care of the ball especially when the walls are closing in on him .

The other thing is i wish he would take what the D is giving him more it seems as if he's looking for the BIG play more than what could be right there in front of him at times instead of seeing a guy that's 10 yards or so & letting them get YAC yards he looks for the home run & in some respects that's not the best thing for him to do .

Att he beginning of the season it seemed as tough that's exactly what he was doing & the scores showed that but at times for instance with the ball that was hit by the defender on the INT when Josh threw to Bease i would like to see the rest of the field to see just how the play came together & who else could have been open on that play .

I am glad that Josh found him later in the game & i think moving forward Bease & Knox should be a much bigger part of the game plan yes they did drop a pass but or so the officials said they did but if they include them & Q more in the plan i think it could catch some teams off guard expecting Diggs & Davis more than them .

You know the Bills coaching staff won't be sleeping in this week i hope they come up with a couple of twists for the next game like Schnow man in the passing game of a fake punt something to catch the Bengals off guard .

GO BILLS !!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.