We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Even on NFL Gameday View, as expected, one of them (Greg, I think) brought up how Cincy’s Defensive Guru is going to dial up another one and stop the Bills and that Cincy just has the better of the two defenses.  Also Joe Burrow will be able to do it with short passes regardless of the Oline injuries…also, maybe Rachel, talked about everyone talking about Milano and Edmunds, but really should be talking about Cincy’s LBs.

NFL Defensive Ranks:

Bills:  6

Bengals:  16

Make it stop.  Good graffiti someone please just make this nonsense stop.

Yeah someone on ESPN yesterday was saying the Bengals rush the passer better this year. Bengals- 30 sacks this year, Buffalo- 40 sacks. After round 1 of the playoffs Bengals- 2 sacks, Buffalo- 4 sacks. Yeah, but the Bengals are better at it, ok.👌

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I know for a fact this is incorrect

The Cardinals' 28-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles for the 1947 championship stood as the team's last playoff victory until a 20-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys in the 1998 NFC Wildcard Game.

1947: Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Cardinals

CardsDreamBackfield.jpg

CardsEaglesAction.jpg

facts are facts, bob.

11 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

The Cardinals' 28-21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles for the 1947 championship stood as the team's last playoff victory until a 20-7 win over the Dallas Cowboys in the 1998 NFC Wildcard Game.

1947: Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Cardinals

CardsDreamBackfield.jpg

CardsEaglesAction.jpg

facts are facts, bob.

I’m pretty sure they meant someone on this board was born before 1947.

This game has such a 2020 feel to me. I remember heading into the home game against the “hot” ravens and the narrative the whollllleeee freaking week was “how were the bills gonna stop playoff lamar now that he had his first playoff win under his belt” 

Just like this week I remember sitting in my office that whole week as I watched my sports shows listening to the national media wonder how we would ever beat the ravens after we had just escaped a close game the prior week. Just like this week I sat there thinking “wait a minute. Am I missing something or aren’t we the team that’s 14-3 and on a half a season win streak?” 

I legit can’t ever remember a more negative media narrative surrounding a 14-3 squad that’s in the midst of an 8 game win streak. Allen has ONE turnover riddled playoff game and now all of a sudden the prior 6 go out the window. The topics aren’t IF he’ll turn it over but HOW MANY will he inevitably give away. It’s absolutely absurd. 

How will the Bills be able to overcome the coolness of Joe burrows pre-game fit and his whopping 6 td passes in 5 playoff games? 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Even on NFL Gameday View, as expected, one of them (Greg, I think) brought up how Cincy’s Defensive Guru is going to dial up another one and stop the Bills and that Cincy just has the better of the two defenses.  Also Joe Burrow will be able to do it with short passes regardless of the Oline injuries…also, maybe Rachel, talked about everyone talking about Milano and Edmunds, but really should be talking about Cincy’s LBs.

NFL Defensive Ranks:

Bills:  6

Bengals:  16

NFL Defensive Pts Against Rank:

Bills:  2

Bengals:  6

NfL Offensive Ranks:

Bills:  2

Bengals:  8

Make it stop.  Goodness graffiti someone please just make this nonsense stop.

it must be the cigars and the hats, right?  It’s the cigars and the hats, isn’t it?  It’s the cigars and the hats.  They are cool.

🙄

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I loved how Peter Shrager, in picking Cincy, pulled the “no one believes in them” card … meanwhile, it’s been a Cincinnati love-fest all week with random Josh Allen hit pieces on the daily.  

The more I think about it, the more I think we come out and win this going away.  

Our secondary is much better than it was a month ago and Cincy is now down 3 OL.  If our Defense can’t put out a strong performance with all that, then Beane really needs to decide whether all this defensive investment is worth it. 

Meanwhile, I’m very much ready for Josh Allen to shut some of these people up.  It’s just comical right now, some of these hot takes. 

After round 1 of the playoffs this is where they rank so far(Out of 12 Teams):

Offense - Yards Per Game

#3. Buffalo - 423 ypg

#11. Bengals- 234 ypg

Passing YPG

#3. Buffalo- 316 yards

#12 Bengals - 182 yards

Rushing YPG

#6. Buffalo- 107 yards

#11 Bengals - 51 yards

Defense - Yards Per Game

#1. Buffalo - 231 yards

#6. Bengals- 364 yards

Passing Yards Allowed PG

#2. Buffalo - 189 yards

#3. Bengals - 209 yards

Rushing Yards Allowed PG 

#1. Buffalo - 42 yards

#11. Bengals - 155 yards

Sacks For

#2. Buffalo - 4 sacks

#T-7th Bengals - 2 sacks 

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I loved how Peter Shrager, in picking Cincy, pulled the “no one believes in them” card … meanwhile, it’s been a Cincinnati love-fest all week with random Josh Allen hit pieces on the daily.  

The more I think about it, the more I think we come out and win this going away.  

Our secondary is much better than it was a month ago and Cincy is now down 3 OL.  If our Defense can’t put out a strong performance with all that, then Beane really needs to decide whether all this defensive investment is worth it. 

Meanwhile, I’m very much ready for Josh Allen to shut some of these people up.  It’s just comical right now, some of these hot takes. 

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They don't have the RB to pull it off either. There's nothing to be scared of Mixon, who has averaged only 3.9 yards a carry this year. He anchors the worst rushing attack in the playoffs. The Bengals average the least amount of rushing yards per game and yards per carry of any team left.

1 hour ago, finn said:

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah someone on ESPN yesterday was saying the Bengals rush the passer better this year. Bengals- 30 sacks this year, Buffalo- 40 sacks. After round 1 of the playoffs Bengals- 2 sacks, Buffalo- 4 sacks. Yeah, but the Bengals are better at it, ok.👌

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This game has such a 2020 feel to me. I remember heading into the home game against the “hot” ravens and the narrative the whollllleeee freaking week was “how were the bills gonna stop playoff lamar now that he had his first playoff win under his belt” 

Just like this week I remember sitting in my office that whole week as I watched my sports shows listening to the national media wonder how we would ever beat the ravens after we had just escaped a close game the prior week. Just like this week I sat there thinking “wait a minute. Am I missing something or aren’t we the team that’s 14-3 and on a half a season win streak?” 

I legit can’t ever remember a more negative media narrative surrounding a 14-3 squad that’s in the midst of an 8 game win streak. Allen has ONE turnover riddled playoff game and now all of a sudden the prior 6 go out the window. The topics aren’t IF he’ll turn it over but HOW MANY will he inevitably give away. It’s absolutely absurd. 

How will the Bills be able to overcome the coolness of Joe burrows pre-game fit and his whopping 6 td passes in 5 playoff games? 

59 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

After round 1 of the playoffs this is where they rank so far in the playoffs(Out of 12 Teams):

Offense - Yards Per Game

#3. Buffalo - 423 ypg

#11. Bengals- 234 ypg

Passing YPG

#3. Buffalo- 316 yards

#12 Bengals - 182 yards

Rushing YPG

#6. Buffalo- 107 yards

#11 Bengals - 51 yards

Defense - Yards Per Game

#1. Buffalo - 231 yards

#6. Bengals- 364 yards

Passing Yards Allowed PG

#2. Buffalo - 189 yards

#3. Bengals - 209 yards

Rushing Yards Allowed PG 

#1. Buffalo - 42 yards

#11. Bengals - 155 yards

Sacks For

#2. Buffalo - 4 sacks

#T-7th Bengals - 2 sacks 

You guys kept spitting out facts so I just kept giving you trophies.

That’s how this works…that’s how all this should work.

BTW, finn gets a trophy because Josh being a Hulk is just plain a fact.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schrager has just become Bill Simmons' mouthpiece, he can't jeopardize his weekly spot on Bill's podcast where he gets to feel like the he's part of the cool kid gang with Solak and the Ringer crew.  It's too bad, because he's well connected and 

squanders it with constant made for tv hot takes backed up by nothing

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

So I’m not denying anything that you’re saying, but I also think part of it is people ignore positives and focus on negatives. It’s why every news broadcast starts with a murder/crime/scandal-negatives bring in viewers. There’s been a ton of pro Bills anti Bengals talk this week as well, but we all get more fired up about “how dare the disrespect the Bills” so that’s what we remember. It’s why there’s so many more comments on here that involve Nick Wright than comments that mention Kyle Brandt and Michael Robinson 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Dan said:

I’d really like to win one more.. just because i don’t want the season to end.  They’re so close... again.   At some point, they need to get over the hump and get too the SuperBowl.  They have too much talent to not make it.   This needs to be the year. I want it to be the year!!  Please let it be the year!   

That's what stinks about our season. The last many years we get a lull in the middle of the season where it's not fun to watch. But this team in the playoffs - even fans of other teams tell me constantly "they're fun to watch." And everyone except the chiefs, Bengals and the rest of the AFC east would agree. 

5 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I know for a fact this is incorrect

@Beerballis a 147 years old. This is common knowledge. Everyone should know this. 

52 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

After round 1 of the playoffs this is where they rank so far in the playoffs(Out of 12 Teams):

Offense - Yards Per Game

#3. Buffalo - 423 ypg

#11. Bengals- 234 ypg

Passing YPG

#3. Buffalo- 316 yards

#12 Bengals - 182 yards

Rushing YPG

#6. Buffalo- 107 yards

#11 Bengals - 51 yards

Defense - Yards Per Game

#1. Buffalo - 231 yards

#6. Bengals- 364 yards

Passing Yards Allowed PG

#2. Buffalo - 189 yards

#3. Bengals - 209 yards

Rushing Yards Allowed PG 

#1. Buffalo - 42 yards

#11. Bengals - 155 yards

Sacks For

#2. Buffalo - 4 sacks

#T-7th Bengals - 2 sacks 

Thanks for posting these.

It's basically just the turnovers that have the entire media and some of the fanbase feeling the Bengals are going to win. Bills nearly blew a game because of a turnover, while the Bengals won a game because of a timely takeaway. Despite what the national media may think, I do not expect the Bills to turn the ball over multiple times this week and definitely not 3+ times. I don't expect the Bills to gift 7 points to the other team again. I don't expect the Bengals to get a 14 point swing on a single play.

What I am concerned about is whether our secondary can actually stop the Bengals passing game. They didn't look great in the drive and half they were on the field a few weeks ago. Bottom line is this has to be a Bills D-line game with all the injuries to the Bengals o-line.

• Agree 1