We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh.

Not really. The Bengals won the AFC last year. The Bills have yet to get to the SB and choked away an unfathomable loss last season that probably would’ve got them there… more pressure on the Bills to get the AFC monkey off their back and get to a SB.

You realize this is only dumb schitt fans and media talking heads say, right?  No Buffalo Bill is sitting there thinking they “choked” last season and need to get a monkey off their back.  They sure as hell aren’t worried about what some schmo on a message board thinks.  They’re thinking about how to beat the Cincinnati Bengals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Cyrus Kouandjio was a second round pick out of Alabama for us.  I remember all those Pro Bowls he went to. 

who cares what TJ Whosyourmama thinks

Bengals fans trying to talk themselves into Jackson Carman is admirable. He was drafted in the 2nd rd to be a guard and hasn’t even been good at that. Had 7th round grade on him as a tackle. He just couldn't block anyone with pass rush moves in college. He was the #1 overall recruit in Ohio out of HS but really underachieved 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bengals fans trying to talk themselves into Jackson Carman is admirable. He’s was drafted in the 2nd rd to be a guard and hasn’t even been good at that. Had 7th round grade on him as a tackle. He just couldn't block anyone with pass rush moves in college. He was the #1 overall recruit in Ohio out of HS but really underachieved 

Kid from Fairfield, right?

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

If he never practices, how come he had no designation for W and Th practice?

If he's paid a lot of money, how come he shows up on the Spotrac Bills Salary Cap list as playing on a Veteran Salary Benefit contract?

If he's invisible on the field, how come I always see him on coverage and return ST?  🤷‍♂️

Recent high visibility - Hines 2nd KO ret vs Pats who is to Hines R as he finishes the run?  Just cuz there was no Pats left to block, doesn't mean he wasn't in the right place ready to do the right thing. 

At 34, can't argue with you on the "old" part tho.  But Hines can really scoot - and look who was right there with him

You got it!

Misunderstood the injury report is all. I deleted my comment probably as you were replying.

As for the rest, I am too tired to argue.  Wasnt trying to argue to begin with.

Seems like Bengals fans are counting on 2 things:

- Their makeshift line holding up against what they perceive as a weak Bills pass rush

- Turnovers

Advantage Bills. As a Bills fan, all I'm counting on is the team to play close to their potential.

• Like (+1) 1

This won’t be overly popular, but one team will lose this game. The loser is still a very good team, but their fans will have a meltdown. There are 8 teams left, but in my mind 4 serious contenders - Bills, Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers. I’d rather be on the 49ers side of that draw. 

Only one team leaves the season happy. It’s VERY HARD to win a Super Bowl. I hope and pray this is our year, and I also shudder to think of the reaction among the fans whose team is done for this season.   

One week at a time! Enjoy the ride, that’s what it’s all about. Just one more week. Every week. Because it’s more entertainment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

This won’t be overly popular, but one team will lose this game. The loser is still a very good team, but their fans will have a meltdown. There are 8 teams left, but in my mind 4 serious contenders - Bills, Chiefs, Bengals and 49ers. I’d rather be on the 49ers side of that draw. 

Only one team leaves the season happy. It’s VERY HARD to win a Super Bowl. I hope and pray this is our year, and I also shudder to think of the reaction among the fans whose team is done for this season.   

One week at a time! Enjoy the ride, that’s what it’s all about. Just one more week. Every week. Because it’s more entertainment. 

I don't think that I'll be too upset over this one unless the Bills get blown out. If they lose in a close game, I can accept that because the Bengals have a good team. I suspect most Bengals fans feel the same way. I was, however, losing my mind last week when we struggled with the Fins. That was unacceptable. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't think that I'll be too upset over this one unless the Bills get blown out. If they lose in a close game, I can accept that because the Bengals have a good team. I suspect most Bengals fans feel the same way. I was, however, losing my mind last week when we struggled with the Fins. That was unacceptable. 

Sometimes division rival games be like that....

Bengals had tough time with Ravens and I'd bet Bengals fans sweated a bit too

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes

I think the Bengals college scouting consists mostly of Mike Brown watching the College Football Playoffs and a few other bowl games. Kids better ball out in the first half, because there is no way that he's not asleep in the Laz-Y Boy by halftime. There used to be rumors around here that the Bengals used Kiper's draft guides as a scouting department.

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Sometimes division rival games be like that....

Bengals had tough time with Ravens and I'd bet Bengals fans sweated a bit too

But they've winning close playoff games that they should have lost for two straight years. They feel like the Pope (remember, Cincinnati is mostly German Catholic) himself is willing them to victory. We're all angsty after the close win and they're sewing Sam Hubbard needle points.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think the Bengals college scouting consists mostly of Mike Brown watching the College Football Playoffs and a few other bowl games. Kids better ball out in the first half, because there is no way that he's not asleep in the Laz-Y Boy by halftime. There used to be rumors around here that the Bengals used Kiper's draft guides as a scouting department.

They've managed to put together a very talented team though.  I don't think it was all FA signings.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

I heard him say that too.  And that the pressure is all on the Bills.

Listen,  I don't care if Cincinnati's O-line was 100% healthy for this game.  This is a must-win for the Bills and I expect them to win.  The Championship window ain't going to stay open indefinitely.  The time is now.  It's a Super Bowl or bust season and we've known that from game 1.

The window will always be open while Josh Allen is here

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

I hear you.  Let's face it, compared to what Miami started on offense last week, Cinci will be way way better..   and the Bills barely got by 34-31.  

Both teams have pressure.  

And the Bengals were way way outplayed by the Ravens with Tyler Huntley and their best WR out  yet they were fortunate to get that fumble.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was how I felt, lose to the Bangles I can deal with that all off-season but a loss to the 3rd string QB Dolphins with a half-baked coach that would have been a long off-season 😬

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Guys, I don't get it.  I mean I honestly don't get it.

And if not, how...HOW do you watch what this man does with a football and say his arm is essentially garbage?

He's within 2 picks of the other top quarterbacks in the AFC and he is a turnover machine who can't throw?!

It's two-fold.  The fumbles.  Two times he has fumbled a scoop and six (Minny and Miami).  But I think the fumble he had against Miami running to the sideline where it bounces off his knee leaves a "wreckless impression."

And then of course there are those drive killing red zone picks.

I agree no one is harping on TLAWs picks last week.  But I think the combo of Josh's picks and fumbles and just surviving the Dolphins definitely leaves a bad and lasting impression.  It wipes out the crazy good throws he had in that game.  I mean that first one to Diggs was glorious...

He has to play a clean game this week.  Or the narrative will follow him..

I

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wjag said:

It's two-fold.  The fumbles.  Two times he has fumbled a scoop and six (Minny and Miami).  But I think the fumble he had against Miami running to the sideline where it bounces off his knee leaves a "wreckless impression."

And then of course there are those drive killing red zone picks.

I agree no one is harping on TLAWs picks last week.  But I think the combo of Josh's picks and fumbles and just surviving the Dolphins definitely leaves a bad and lasting impression.  It wipes out the crazy good throws he had in that game.  I mean that first one to Diggs was glorious...

He has to play a clean game this week.  Or the narrative will follow him..

I

He doesn't have to do anything other than win.

That's what Burrow did last year. Most of the games they won were not because of him, they were because their kicker and defense won them the games. He made enough plays but wasn't the main factor.

• Like (+1) 1