We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Sean McDermott, excellent at game management, confirmed.

Big props to McD.

I'd also like to add: good for Siriani. I remember his introductory press conference was such a disaster I felt sorry for him. He sure looks like the real deal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The whining nationally is epic.  The poor Bengals got screwed, and why is the NFL already selling tickets to the potential Atlanta game?  It must be rigged!

Give me a break.  What happened in the 1st match-up was crazy, and unprecedented.  The league did what it could to adjust.  Every team that was gonna make the playoffs still made it, and they'll all have their chance on the field to prove they deserve to go to the Super Bowl.

It's pathetic.  I've seen so many comments on how they're fixing it for the "league darling Bills" to win it all.  Like, when did we become that?  The league doesn't care about small market teams, and never  has.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Bills and Bengals have played 12 common opponents. 

Bills are 10-2, Bengals are 9-3 in these games

Bills have averaged 28 on Off - 18 on Def In those games

Bengals have averaged 24 on Off - 19 on Def.

Of those 12 games, 6 home, 6 road.

Bills won at KC, Bengals beat Chiefs in Cinci

This should be a classic

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

The whining nationally is epic.  The poor Bengals got screwed, and why is the NFL already selling tickets to the potential Atlanta game?  It must be rigged!

Give me a break.  What happened in the 1st match-up was crazy, and unprecedented.  The league did what it could to adjust.  Every team that was gonna make the playoffs still made it, and they'll all have their chance on the field to prove they deserve to go to the Super Bowl.

It's pathetic.  I've seen so many comments on how they're fixing it for the "league darling Bills" to win it all.  Like, when did we become that?  The league doesn't care about small market teams, and never  has.

Like I said elsewhere, the Bengals have to choose.

Either they were a great team of sportsmen who were also traumatized by thinking they just witnessed a brother player taken off dead, and whose players and coaches mutually decided with the Bills players and coaches that they couldn't reasonably continue the game

OR

they were screwed out of the #2 seed by a Bills team too soft for The Show Must Go On mentality they would have preferred to embrace and robbed of the win the first 10 minutes guarantees they would have gotten

Either Or, Not Both

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

Simple recipe

Defense- Tackle well, don't whiff, be physical.  Take the ball away.  Keep chunk plays under control.

Offense- Hang on to the ball.  Be physical when running. Receivers cannot let the football deflect off their hands or chest into the waiting arms of defenders.

Allen be playoff Allen.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Yeah, the Josh Allen diss is in overdrive this week from the pundits to even some fans here.  

He and Dorsey have had better games. Most of the dialogue here was fair for a one-game assessment.

Some as expected was a bit knee-jerk.

I thought Miami's all-out yolo on blitzes actually was pretty effective at generating opportunities in a game where they should not have hung with us with the QB they had and their top RB out.

Yet they fired their defensive staff after. Go figure.

The offensive gaffes happened and they put our defense in a hole a few times,  led directly to scores, and kept Miami in the game.

Folks are just going to have to come to peace with that.

BUT one game is one game and not an indictment of all that Allen or Ken Dorsey bring to this team.

Critique on play calls or execution within the context of a game is not the same as what many sports pundants on the outside do to churn controvery and generate clicks.

Where they use things like "never" or "always" when describing Allen and the team's play.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He and Dorsey have had better games. Moat of the dialogue here was fair for a one-game assessment.

Some as expected was a bit knee-jerk.

I thought Miami's all-out yolo on blitzes actually was pretty effective at generating opportunities in a game where they should not have hung with us with the QB they had and their top RB out.

Yet they fired their defensive staff after. Go figure.

The offensive gaffes happened and they put our defense in a hole a few times,  led directly to scores, and kept Miami in the game.

Folks are just going to have to come to peace with that.

BUT one game is one game and not an indictment of all that Allen or Ken Dorsey bring to this team.

Critique on play calls or execution within the context of a game is not the same as what many sports pundants on the outside do to churn controvery and generate clicks.

Where they use things like "never" or "always" when describing Allen and the team's play.

It also required a ton of failure by the players .. which isn’t what Dorsey can control.  

Nothing Dorsey can really do on the Beasley interception.  Should’ve been flagged, wasn’t.. unlucky bounce. 

Brown gets confused on the route and isn’t there to contest the Howard pick.  

Shakir drops a huge gain before halftime. 

Allen misses Davis back to back on deep throws that likely end the game. 

Allen or Singletary don’t read the blitz that allows an unblocked blitzer to get to Allen before he can protect the ball. 

If anyone thinks that hoping we make a ton of mistakes is a great gameplan, go for it .. blitz Allen all game. 

• Agree 1