We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Burrow has struggled mightily against 3 man rushes this season. Might we see that utilized as a strategy to switch it up somewhere in this game? I am trying to find out the Bills utilization of 3 man rushes previously.

Oliver, Groot and "insert other DE". 

I would think it would have to be Lawson. 

Epenesa is too slight, and gets pushed past the QB often.

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Burrow has struggled mightily against 3 man rushes this season. Might we see that utilized as a strategy to switch it up somewhere in this game? I am trying to find out the Bills utilization of 3 man rushes previously.

This. Or Oliver-DT-Groot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

This. Or Oliver-DT-Groot. 

Oliver - Daqaun - Groot

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

There is a difference between natural momentum from a play and increased momentum purposely created by the torqueing of your body. That is basic physics. You see Hendrickson stare right at Allen's legs for that split second, his knee actually goes to the ground, then pushes off of that knee to whip his body over into Allen. He purposely generates more momentum than he already had. There wasn't even really that much of a shove to create his roll by Dawkins. You see all of it clearly when they show the 2nd view while looking directly at the front of Allen on the play. He then stares up at Allen as soon as he does, jumps up, and then walks off smiling. I could care less about the league, what some other posters on here say, or what Cincy fans say to try and justify the situation. Like I said, this isn't the first time he's done things of the sort and he even took a cheap shot at a Ravens OL'man last weekend. :censored: him. He's a piece of crap, dirty player. 

image.png.c7902d66ce236a459f1ea621deb6bfbe.png Hendrickson walking off after he rolled into Allen

And because it wouldn't let me tag it along with the last post, here is Hendrickson smiling in the face of Goff after a sack for comparison. 

image.png.9330b64dac49b74d9b886240beb7d3f5.png

He meant that as a "compliment" to Allen 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I don’t like this matchup. That’s not 3rd stringer Skylar whatever on the other sideline, that’s a bonafide superstar. 

this bills team hasn’t played “good” in like a month

plus they have to be pretty pissed to be playing in Buffalo, let’s be honest Cincy would’ve won on MNF and should be playing this game at home

Heavily dispute the ‘wouldve won’. We frequently give up a few quick scores before really tightening up on defense.  they had an extra drive,  that game very easily could’ve been 14-10 in a few minutes with us getting the second half kickoff.  

also one drive isn’t proof we would’ve been able to do it all game,  but we rarely if ever lose when we can run the football like that.  Not sure if it was Hendrickson being injured or what but we were mauling them up front 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

Would not shock me at all to see a heavy dose of Mixon and Perine.  For all the shoot out potential of this game, I would imagine both teams want to control clock and limit possessions. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

the bills have been effective moving rosseau inside. phillips outside.

we have also seen oliver slide outside to a wide tackle, inside end.

basham and rosseau have dropped back effectively to block lanes.

i don't know that the bills have a plan for Mixon and the RBs of Cinci. i don't know that they need to.

27 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I don’t like this matchup. That’s not 3rd stringer Skylar whatever on the other sideline, that’s a bonafide superstar. 

plus they have to be pretty pissed to be playing in Buffalo, let’s be honest Cincy would’ve won on MNF and should be playing this game at home

Thanks for your input, Jerry

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Guess we can put the Allen vs. Burrow debate to bed:

https://www.wivb.com/bills-mafia-buffalo-fans/josh-allen-pregame-style-outfit-hoodie-joe-burrow?utm_source=wivb_app&utm_medium=social&utm_content=share-link

Title: “Josh Allen says he can’t compete with Joe Burrow’s style”

Joey Hollywood

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Guess we can put the Allen vs. Burrow debate to bed:

https://www.wivb.com/bills-mafia-buffalo-fans/josh-allen-pregame-style-outfit-hoodie-joe-burrow?utm_source=wivb_app&utm_medium=social&utm_content=share-link

Title: “Josh Allen says he can’t compete with Joe Burrow’s style”

I'd take a casual attire QB over some flamboyant dressed QB any day. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You managed to make this poor of a post AND had to edit it in order to do so? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

the bills have been effective moving rosseau inside. phillips outside.

we have also seen oliver slide outside to a wide tackle, inside end.

basham and rosseau have dropped back effectively to block lanes.

i don't know that the bills have a plan for Mixon and the RBs of Cinci. i don't know that they need to.

Mixon had two runs on MNF for 12-yards. 

Historically, he is 3.9 yoc - 4.1 ypc. 

Last year he had 4.9 ypc, but it was his only year not in the 3.9 - 4.1 range. 

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Mixon had two runs on MNF for 12-yards. 

Historically, he is 3.9 yoc - 4.1 ypc. 

Last year he had 4.9 ypc, but it was his only year not in the 3.9 - 4.1 range. 

Mixon also sucks in pass protection.  We might actually see more Perine with the state of the OL

36 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Fun fact, Skylar's team almost had as many yards and Burrow's team last Sunday, 231 vs 234. Yeah, the Bengals are playing great, 234 yards of offensr for the entire game. We almost had that at the end of the 1st quarter.😂😂😂

I was surprised to learn when I first moved to Ohio that college football is bigger in huge portions of the country than the NFL. That also goes for the NFL talking heads, who pay as much attention to the college games as they do NFL games because draft hot-takes are an important part of their job. I think that the reason that the national media LOVES the Bengals is that their key players were highly-regarded prospects coming into the draft from powerhouse teams.

• Joe Burrow ran the BEST OFFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY
  • Chase was his primary receiver on the BEST OFFENSE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HISTORY
  • Tee Higgins caught passes from Trevor Lawrence in HUGE games
  • Joe Mixon played in huge college games at Oklahoma, as did Perine.

Now lets look at the Bills

• Josh Allen: Wyoming
  • Stefon Diggs: Maryland
  • Gabe Davis: South Florida
  • Devin Singletary: Florida Atlantic
  • Dawson Knox: Ole Miss, but he was a project who saw little production in college

The Bengals are a team of blue chip prospects who were easy to project coming into the league. The Bills are a team full of guys who are defying the odds. The Bills also call into question the notion that college production is the primary indicator of NFL success. It makes scouting players coming into the draft a lot more difficult for media personalities because college production is all they have to evaluate. 

Also, everyone loves Joe Burrow because nobody has an embarrassing draft-night hot take to live down. You know that whenever Josh Allen throws an INT, every NFL talking head (except Kiper) gets that little spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, he or she (I'm looking right at you Mina Kimes) will be proven right in the end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Well, no, but you might ack that people interpreted you as they did, because of how you wrote it, not "LOL" at them.  It's not a matter of my liking, after all, but of writing being how we convey ideas.  Like when I write confusingly (which happens more often than I'd like) and people misinterpret I'm like "I could have phrased it better, this is what I meant"

To put a little ball in here, I would agree they are both excellent, but very different QBs. 

You mentioned Allen fumbling.  I haven't updated it but about 3/4 of the way through the season I went through and binned every fumble into 3 categories:

1) QB center exchange

2) sack

3) while running

The finding was that very few of Allen's fumbles this season have been on runs (hope that continues, as he did have ball security issues as a runner earlier in his career).  The largest number were on the QB center exchange, with strip sacks #2.  The cause of the QB center exchange problems, were getting down to our 3rd string center in a couple of games, and also Morse (starter) trying to play through an elbow injury/come back a bit too soon.

Hope this is sort of the content you came for.

Definitely good stuff, Josh seems to get pounded by the media over these.  I do get it, Burrow has at least 7 interceptions that were tipped balls.

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

Did you know….

the Bills are 24-5 in their last 29 games

the 5 losses are 2 in OT and the other 3 being by a total of 8 points

we are truly blessed to be watching this team 

How is this correct? Our last 19 games we are 15-4. This takes us back to the end of last regular season. We won our last 4, but lost 2 before that. So our last 25 games we are 19-6. Then we went W L W L, saints colts jets jags. That gets us to 21-8 in our last 29 games. 

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Did you mean home or dome?

The Bills NEED to build a dome to protect against severe winter storms that result in driving bans. 

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So if you're here to talk ball, be the bigger guy, let it roll off your back and show what you're here for.  Otherwise you gotta see that posters like myself who are here to talk ball. look at your little jibs and put downs and understandably think you're here on an opposing fan board to start something vs. to share info. 

You mentioned that Burrow has a bunch of INTs off tipped balls.  Allen does also, of course.  Any feeling on how many of Burrow's 12 picks are off tips, and were they tipped at the line or in pass defense?  I would say usually tipped at the line for Allen, though the WC game featured a pick that was deflected off the receiver's chest/defenders arm.

This season, Allen went through a bunch of inexplicable, WTF? interceptions where Bills fans were "what are you DOING?"  He had some inexplicable throws in the dirt, for example, and one was picked off on the GB goal line by Jaire Alexander; Allen said he was trying to throw it away but I don't think most people believe that since, from the GB3 Allen could easily hurl it through the back of the EZ.

You probably heard some stuff that he tore his ulnar collateral ligament and was thought to need to miss 2-4 weeks; he played that week, but his play was off for a while, lower passing yards, lower completion %.  Weather played a role as well - cold rain; snow; bitter cold and wind - but Allen has shown before he can play in weather, so some think the UCL was bothering him and still might, though to a lesser extent.   Allen asserted that it didn't bother him during a game, but before the Miami game our OC Dorsey praised Allen for "getting to the point where he can do everything and make all the throws he needs to make" and it's really only the last couple games that the deep ball has re-appeared.  There was a stretch week 11-14 where I don't think Allen completed more than a handful of passes more than 20 yds.  Of course this coincided with some bad weather games as well so Who Knows? 

But the ol' Arm Cannon appears to be in good fettle right now.

Allen is an alien, simply a brute and fun to watch.  He's my second favorite QB.

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Ok but you ignored the part I put in bold where you say Allen’s only trait better than Burrow is his rushing, which also implies both can throw it a mile.

Not even really arguing with your point (to me they are both elite passers so Allen’s running ability makes him an overall slightly bigger threat at QB), just pointing out what you’re saying has been self-contradictory. 

Sure, "trait" was the wrong word as a cannon would be a trait, but as to passing stats is what I was referring.  Josh is fantastic and the better overall football player I just like our guy's accuracy and pre-post snap abilities.

• Like (+1) 2