We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

38 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I understand why you don't get it little fella, but it's true.  I am only responding to comments directed at me.

Figure out who is who and respond (or don't respond) accordingly.  And if you catch yourself thinking this place is bad, fire up ChiefsPlanet.com for a few minutes and let perspective wash over you like a tidal wave of toxic, flaming sewage.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Figure out who is who and respond (or don't respond) accordingly.  And if you catch yourself thinking this place is bad, fire up ChiefsPlanet.com for a few minutes and let perspective wash over you like a tidal wave of toxic, flaming sewage.

Oh Jesu, Jaur, I did NOT need that visual before bedtime.  I'm fragile that way.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Caesar said:

You might want to look at your initial comments to me and stop playing the victim?  

I have posted replies to comments to me.  

And as to my bias?  I have mentioned repeatedly the issues the Bengals have and that the Bills should win this game.

This poster isnt as aggressive as boyst but he has mocked my comments and tells me to go away.  I probalby went too far but it is so unnecessarily childish.

You have over 60 posts on an opposing teams message board in the last 3 days.

https://www.indeed.com/m/jobs?l=Cincinnati%2C+OH

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 1

Sometimes I hate this place. Open a thread expecting to see football talk, and instead you see two Bills fans in a running back-and-forth slapfest. And they’re not even arguing over football anymore…all that matters is getting the final word. 

Oh look, sports!

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Can the mods just kick Caesar outta here? I’m cool with fans of other teams posting on this board, but this persistent trolling warrants censorship. It’s hard to comprehend how pathetic a person must be to devote so much time and effort to annoying other people.

I rarely post anything here, just like reading the thoughts of others, but I feel compelled to speak up on this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So if you're here to talk ball, be the bigger guy, let it roll off your back and show what you're here for.  Otherwise you gotta see that posters like myself who are here to talk ball. look at your little jibs and put downs and understandably think you're here on an opposing fan board to start something vs. to share info. 

You mentioned that Burrow has a bunch of INTs off tipped balls.  Allen does also, of course.  Any feeling on how many of Burrow's 12 picks are off tips, and were they tipped at the line or in pass defense?  I would say usually tipped at the line for Allen, though the WC game featured a pick that was deflected off the receiver's chest/defenders arm.

This season, Allen went through a bunch of inexplicable, WTF? interceptions where Bills fans were "what are you DOING?"  He had some inexplicable throws in the dirt, for example, and one was picked off on the GB goal line by Jaire Alexander; Allen said he was trying to throw it away but I don't think most people believe that since, from the GB3 Allen could easily hurl it through the back of the EZ.

You probably heard some stuff that he tore his ulnar collateral ligament and was thought to need to miss 2-4 weeks; he played that week, but his play was off for a while, lower passing yards, lower completion %.  Weather played a role as well - cold rain; snow; bitter cold and wind - but Allen has shown before he can play in weather, so some think the UCL was bothering him and still might, though to a lesser extent.   Allen asserted that it didn't bother him during a game, but before the Miami game our OC Dorsey praised Allen for "getting to the point where he can do everything and make all the throws he needs to make" and it's really only the last couple games that the deep ball has re-appeared.  There was a stretch week 11-14 where I don't think Allen completed more than a handful of passes more than 20 yds.  Of course this coincided with some bad weather games as well so Who Knows? 

But the ol' Arm Cannon appears to be in good fettle right now.

Teams with 13 wins don’t go bringing in old WRs to step in and play in December. Buffalo has a WR problem and that has led to picks as well. You never see the miscommunications with Allen and Diggs, but we see it with everyone else. Kind of makes you wonder who is on the wrong page. If Josh was playing with the 3 Cinci WRs I think his stats would be through the roof. If Burrows was playing with the 3 Bills top WRs I think his stats would take a bit of a hit. 

I’m fully expecting McFraiser to double down on only rushing 4. They had some success with bringing pressures (5) from LBs against Miami. One difference you may see is the simulated pressure, sending Milano or a Edmunds and dropping a DE/DT into coverage. They’ve used this all year and I think it’d be a good game to bring it back.

I also expect a ton of movement up front. If they shut down the Bengals running game early, it may open up more possibilities with stunts and alignments up front. I won’t knock the DL pass rush too hard as some people want to do, but I am also not blind. If we can find a way to get an edge fit guys that have seemingly underperformed when asked to line up and win 1v1, I’m all for it.

This would include things such as lining Groot up as a DT and rushing 3 DEs, tackle/end stunts/twists or overloads to one side of the OL.

Rushing 4 doesn’t have to be as vanilla as we always make it seem, and by stifling the run game early, I think the shot callers might be more open to getting creative to how they try and confuse, best, or overwhelm a beat up Cincy OL.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Caesar said:

You think you are the genius of football and you truly are not.  This Bengals team has actually been to a Super Bowl.  This game is not our Super Bowl, your cockiness and pathetic language about the Bengals is what many over on our site referenced. 

my genius of football is not something i think. it's something i know. 

the bengals have been to a super bowl... what like twice? how many rings do you have? together with the bills they show....0. perhaps that's why there is such disdain for your team. they're millenials and zoomers who believe participation trophies are merits of success!!!!!!!

this game is your super bowl. it's what they're acting like to finally get the revenge they think they deserve.

and i don't care about "your" website reference. if they're too dense to understand satire and fan speak then i have a rude awakening for them but not surprised because i have spent much time in Ohio. there is little joy there. the whole cinci area is just a suburb of gahanna and the greater columbus metro. at least the north side of cbus isn't so awful - worthington and such is nice.

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

I'm not sure you deserve a debate with such dick responses? I would love to talk ball but if you can't converse without some maturity I'll stop.

Here you go in response to your comments:

1.   "a corner blitz on a 3rd and long."
Feel free to blitz Burrow, the tiniest bit of research reveals Joe is pretty good vs the blitz, especially from the outside.

2.  " I am not going to go all out attack the drop back. I think that little bastard is like 5'6"
Burrow is 6-4, 7/8ths of an inch shorter than Allen.

3.  "they're gonna pin and pull on the run. They are gonna be close together as a default for pass pro. They want to leverage the pin and pull for their medicare backs."
- I've watched 20 games and have not once seen our oline intentionally set close together in pass pro.  In fact LC left a huge gap next to the LG, Adeniji has tried the same without any luck...  but there is no default bunching". I have heard every word of every interview with the OC and olin coach and they have never mentioned bunching in any way.
- We have not run a wide zone base offense since week 5.  We have transitioned to an inside gap base scheme. Of course like every offense we will pull, or "pin & pull" on certain plays.

4. I have no idea which player you are referring to?  Edmunds?  Regardless I would not have a comment on your guys, only to say that you are correct that Milano and the other LB will be covering the pass as we like to get 4-5 options in play.

Not really, this guy has made several pathetic and immature comments. I get it and have ignored many slights that have come my way.  It is not my goal to troll or cause any issues on this site.

the new cat toy is old now. sorry bud, have a good day

• Like (+1) 1

A big part of the game will be which defense can make the other teams QB more uncomfortable.  I'd like to see Allen get out of the pocket a bit and use his legs..create some big chunk plays throwing on the run or scrambling.  To my eyeballs, when Allen stands flat-footed in the pocket and scans the field, he's not as productive and balls sometimes come out inaccurately as guys are falling around his legs.  That's also where he gets his arm swiped at and possibly stripped.

Joe "cool" is willing to eat it, turtle up, take the sack and knows he will get it back on the next play.  Bills D has gotta cave in their line on critical 3rd down passing plays to get off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, zow2 said:

A big part of the game will be which defense can make the other teams QB more uncomfortable.  I'd like to see Allen get out of the pocket a bit and use his legs..create some big chunk plays throwing on the run or scrambling.  To my eyeballs, when Allen stands flat-footed in the pocket and scans the field, he's not as productive and balls sometimes come out inaccurately as guys are falling around his legs.  That's also where he gets his arm swiped at and possibly stripped.

Joe "cool" is willing to eat it, turtle up, take the sack and knows he will get it back on the next play.  Bills D has gotta cave in their line on critical 3rd down passing plays to get off the field.

Allen has made some incredible flat footed throws this season (and throughout his career). 

But I do agree I want to see Allen out of the pocket by design. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Sticking a bunch of people into an ignore file does not censor them; they are still free to post whatever they like, but I don't have to read it and be aggravated or tempted to reply to persistently antagonistic or attention seeking behaviors (thus amplifying them). 

Since I'm here for my own enjoyment talking football and it makes the board more enjoyable for me, that's how i roll.

YMMV.

Yes, I take your point. I'm going to give it a try, though I am actually too lazy to put anyone on ignore just now. I'll just wait until someone annoys me and enjoy zapping them.

9 hours ago, Caesar said:

Yet the league doesnt think so, some of your own posters here dont think so... I get that you think a 270 pound man coming full speed and being shoved by a 330 pound man should be able to stop immediately due to a lack of understanding the science of momentum...  believe what you want, the slow motion replay doesnt provide the true story.

There is a difference between natural momentum from a play and increased momentum purposely created by the torqueing of your body. That is basic physics. You see Hendrickson stare right at Allen's legs for that split second, his knee actually goes to the ground, then pushes off of that knee to whip his body over into Allen. He purposely generates more momentum than he already had. There wasn't even really that much of a shove to create his roll by Dawkins. You see all of it clearly when they show the 2nd view while looking directly at the front of Allen on the play. He then stares up at Allen as soon as he does, jumps up, and then walks off smiling. I could care less about the league, what some other posters on here say, or what Cincy fans say to try and justify the situation. Like I said, this isn't the first time he's done things of the sort and he even took a cheap shot at a Ravens OL'man last weekend. :censored: him. He's a piece of crap, dirty player. 

image.png.c7902d66ce236a459f1ea621deb6bfbe.png Hendrickson walking off after he rolled into Allen

And because it wouldn't let me tag it along with the last post, here is Hendrickson smiling in the face of Goff after a sack for comparison. 

image.png.9330b64dac49b74d9b886240beb7d3f5.png

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Caesar said:

Lol, no.  "he can throw it a mile" is referencing Allen, not Burrow.

Ok but you ignored the part I put in bold where you say Allen’s only trait better than Burrow is his rushing, which also implies both can throw it a mile.

Not even really arguing with your point (to me they are both elite passers so Allen’s running ability makes him an overall slightly bigger threat at QB), just pointing out what you’re saying has been self-contradictory. 

Burrow has struggled mightily against 3 man rushes this season. Might we see that utilized as a strategy to switch it up somewhere in this game? I am trying to find out the Bills utilization of 3 man rushes previously.

Oliver, Groot and "insert other DE".