We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Do we think buffalo will rush only 3?  I'm honestly asking. 

No way. Cover 1 beat this drum last year before the KC game. The Bills didn’t do it. Cincy did the next round, and it really stymied Mahomes. 

But I have not seen the Bills ever rush 3. I don’t know why— maybe concern that their DBs can’t hold up for a long time? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

I think they know we have the slowest back in the league.

Backs aren’t fast or slow. They rest open the hips which are connected to the legs.  Legs can move fast or slow

14 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I’m confidant they will on select 3rd downs.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

No way. Cover 1 beat this drum last year before the KC game. The Bills didn’t do it. Cincy did the next round, and it really stymied Mahomes. 

But I have not seen the Bills ever rush 3. I don’t know why— maybe concern that their DBs can’t hold up for a long time? 

Rush 4 to begin. If succeeding rush 3 once in a while. They'll think we are cocky but we set them up for a nickel rush against either a beat up slow tackle or a backups backup. 

This game is going to be one you buckle up for and hold on. It's going to be charged up full throttle. 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Rush 4 to begin. If succeeding rush 3 once in a while. They'll think we are cocky but we set them up for a nickel rush against either a beat up slow tackle or a backups backup. 

This game is going to be one you buckle up for and hold on. It's going to be charged up full throttle. 

I actually think Frazier is going to be a lot more aggressive, including with the blitz. That’s what he showed early in the canceled cincy game, at least. 

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Imo bc they are committed to 4 down lineman. I think Klein could play strong side edge against the run and drop into coverage on passing downs. The Bills haven't really used a hybrid OLB/DE since Lorenzo Alexander. 

The Ravens run a 3-4, so it's much easier personnel wise to drop their OLB's into coverage than asking a 4-3 DE to cover consistently... Do you want Groot covering the flats or rushing the passer? 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Agree 1

That 8th man in coverage, especially when you have LBs that can move, can really complicate things for QBs and receivers. We have LBs that can move so I’d love to see us do that vs. the Bengals at times. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually think Frazier is going to be a lot more aggressive, including with the blitz. That’s what he showed early in the canceled cincy game, at least. 

I am going to try to watch the Bengals games. Any thoughts?  Need to ask Plenzypoo his NFL access to scout some. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

That 8th man in coverage, especially when you have LBs that can move, can really complicate things for QBs and receivers. We have LBs that can move so I’d love to see us do that vs. the Bengals at times. 

Yeah, but that means paying a 3-3 nickel with Klein on the edge. I'd like to see it, but I don't see the Bills sitting their LDE to do so. 

OK, anybody else just about ready to have our Bills knock these ****ing guys blocks off right about now?

and I’m not talking about a 31-27 nail bitter. 

Step on the freaking gas and drop no less than 42 on them and win by more than 20.

I’m not annoyed by them. I’m annoyed by everybody else.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

No, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that.  

there are times we drop a lineman, but usually when we bring pressure from elsewhere.

In the last defensive series in the Chiefs game, Bills had 3 DL and Milano spying on Mahomes.  Milano did a delay pass rush on both plays.  Neal was brought in as an extra DB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is a Bills Home playoff game...It's time for these high round D-linemen to take a game over. It's going to be crazy loud. We've all seen it happen...

The Bills will field three of their own 1st Round picks, and 2 of their own 2nd Round picks on the D-Line alone Sunday. Not to mention 2 key UFA DT's...They are going up against a few back-up's at least on the Bengals O-Line, and a QB who has taken a lot of sacks at times in his early career. It's time for this D-line to pay Beane back... They'll have the noise...It's just time...B-)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

OK, anybody else just about ready to have our Bills knock these ****ing guys blocks off right about now?

and I’m not talking about a 31-27 nail bitter. 

Step on the freaking gas and drop no less than 42 on them and win by more than 20.

I’m not annoyed by them. I’m annoyed by everybody else.

Yup.  Let’s do it.  gotta take advantage NOW.  There’s really no guarantee for next year or beyond to make the final 8.   I hope the mindset is to pound them into submission.  Come out and be the more physical team and make big plays all over the field.  I’ll be there screaming. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Listening to 1530 AM Cincy now:

1. They’re banking on Josh Allen turnovers (and the assumption that Burrow won’t have any). 

2. They summarize the Ravens game as just a great defense, and the Bills don’t have that level of defense. 

Bills should have all their “nobody is scared of them” weapons - McKenzie will be back, John Brown will be up, I think we’ll get Crowder back. 

Listening to McDermott's press conference earlier today.  He seemed a little distracted. 

Anyway, he praised the heck out of the Bengals:

"Skill level is off the charts, Joe and what he's accomplished to this point as a QB in this league.  He's extremely smart, accurate, the list goes on, he's an elite QB for good reason.  Then the skill that they have with the receivers, the tight ends, the backs, they're as skilled as there is in the league"

To listen to him talk, you'd think that their back is rushing for 4.6 ypc and ours for 3.9 ypc, instead of vice versa.  You'd think that their TE had 517 yds receiving and ours had 414, instead of vice versa.  

I do give them the edge at WR.  Their top 3 WR account for 2837 yds, our top-3 for 2688.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it.  I know McDermott's mantra is "humble and hungry", but just as there's a line between aggressive and reckless, there's a line between humble and recognizing your opponent, and doubting yourself. 

I hope he's on the "right side" that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

This is a Bills Home playoff game...It's time for these high round D-linemen to take a game over. It's going to be crazy loud. We've all seen it happen...

The Bills will field three of their own 1st Round picks, and 2 of their own 2nd Round picks on the D-Line alone Sunday. Not to mention 2 key UFA DT's...They are going up against a few back-up's at least on the Bengals O-Line, and a QB who has taken a lot of sacks at times in his early career. It's time for this D-line to pay Beane back... They'll have the noise...It's just time...B-)

I couldn't agree with you more!  The D-Line is the key component to this game and to prevent us from getting into a shootout!  

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm spitballing from memory, but I think we did rush only 3 in our earlier game against KC.  We were trying to be confusing with coverage, showing blitz and then dropping into coverage but leaving an LB as a spy (Milano).  It was one of the things that stood out about having Von Miller, that we were able to get effective pressure with 4 or even (if my memory is correct) only 3 at times.

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Well, Hey, Y'all

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

@Caesar can you ask your girlfriend's over there what they think as posed of this:

Would they find more satisfaction in playing the Bills in the AFCC then the AFCD?

I think Cinci is really hyping this game up more so then the Bills. And wonder if they are going to make this their Superbowl. If they win I don't see them beating KC. They'll be too spent. 

26 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

In the last defensive series in the Chiefs game, Bills had 3 DL and Milano spying on Mahomes.  Milano did a delay pass rush on both plays.  Neal was brought in as an extra DB.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they did that at times earlier in the game as well

• Agree 1