We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

42 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh man, Nuch...jeepers that had to be tough.

We also would have had a rematch against the Chargers back out at Jack Murphy Stadium in the AFC Championship and I think the outcome would have been much different.  

That 10-6 Bills team (11-6 after the playoff victory against the Jets) was as good as the 11-5 division champion the year before, and minus Fergy's broken ankle.

I was young. Drank a lot to help

• Haha (+1) 1

All this incessant back and forth about Allen v Burrows needs to stop.  They are both talented QBs.  Pretty sure this game will be decided by whose DLINE plays better.  Both OLINEs are suspect.

Elam needs to start...I mean it's PFF but the eye test matched up...

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pains me to say but I’m betting against the Bills this week. Big money on Cincinnati. Lock off the week. I can’t see the Bills winning this game.

You can't see how the Bills win a game in which they are better offensively, better defensively and better on special teams.

Makes total sense.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

But in those few plays what did the Bengals do? You just can't discount those plays. They were moving diwn the field with ease. In fact, their offense was in rhythm in sync and doing whatever it wanted to do. The Bills D looked like they had few answers to stop them. Of course, no one knows how the game woukd have ended. Early on though the Bills D was leaking badly. What will they do to stop the leaks? Can they stop the leaks? 

That game doesn't carry over to this game. Those were all scripted plays. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

i'm not saying the bills will absolutely win this weekend, but some of the arguments as to why they "can't" are just mind numbing.

also, anyone trying to still use the 2.5 series played in the previous game as some kind of barometer....you're a ***** ######.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What?  You mean Allen turning the ball over isn't as huge problem as some say?

Turning the ball over isn’t a big deal?  I don’t understand the point of this post.  

Trying to add this up:  you’re saying turning the ball over isn’t a big deal because pff gave him a good grade?

other than the turnovers- he had a great season.  He’s an elite of the elite QBs- we all know this….. but make no mistake about it, turning the ball over is a HUGE PROBLEM. 

49 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

But in those few plays what did the Bengals do? You just can't discount those plays. They were moving diwn the field with ease. In fact, their offense was in rhythm in sync and doing whatever it wanted to do. The Bills D looked like they had few answers to stop them. Of course, no one knows how the game woukd have ended. Early on thought the Bills D was leaking badly. What will they do to stop the leaks? Can they stop the leaks? 

Crazy how you’re STILL talk about this man.  

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If you bet $5000 on Cincinnati we're good.

@newcam2012 bet $4.75 on the bengals money line

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Turning the ball over isn’t a big deal?  I don’t understand the point of this post.  

Trying to add this up:  you’re saying turning the ball over isn’t a big deal because pff gave him a good grade?

other than the turnovers- he had a great season.  He’s an elite of the elite QBs- we all know this….. but make no mistake about it, turning the ball over is a HUGE PROBLEM. 

i agree, but I also think PFF actually takes into consideration of how the turn over took place.

IE WR ran off their route when the QB let go of the ball, or ball bounce off the chest of WR who was being held/mugged into a defenders hands, or being blindsided and helmet to helmet hit to cause a fumble.  

They "PFF", also include turn over worthy plays in their grade, so if Allen threw a would be INT but the defender dropped it, then it would still hurt grade.

I think lol

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just one man's opinion but here's how I would break it down

QB: Slight Advantage BillsBurrow is a stud and has been to a Super Bowl but if I wanted to win one game, I'd go Allen. You can call this a toss-up though 

RB: Advantage Bills: Mixon is good but he's having a down year and I think Singletary/Cook are playing better. I doubt the RB's decide this game but I do hope we run it consistently

WR: Advantage Bengals: Chase is a monster and Higgins/Boyd are really good too. Love Diggs and maybe playoff Gabe is here to stay but I'm not sure this one is too close

TE: Slight Advantage Bills: Knox is really ascending lately. Hurst is fine and he's not a nobody but Knox will be a bigger factor

OL: Advantage Bills: Neither OL is great but health matters and the Bills have the advantage there

DL: Advantage Bengals: Obviously different if Von was playing and I like the upside of our D-Line more but from a consistency standpoint, I think Cincy is better

LB: Advantage Bills: Milano and Edmunds need to not whiff on tackles again but those guys can wreck a gameplan

CB: Advantage Bills: Similar to OL where neither unit is great but if Elam is coming on, this definitely favors the Bills

S: Advanrage Bengals: No Hyde, No Hamlin, Poyer banged up. Bengals have a solid unit as it is but the Bills are beat up

Special Teams: Advantage Bills: Hines put fear into everyone with his game vs NE. McPherson made clutch kicks last postseason for Cincy but Bass is good too

Coaching: Toss Up: This one is really interesting. Taylor has been to a Super Bowl and  has a good staff. The Bills are more experienced and I think McD is the better "leader"

To me this game is so even and it may come down to home-field advantage and which QB gets it done in the 4th quarter

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You are taking what I said out of context. We got a small sample of what the Bengals can do. They Bills for whatever it's worth were having major difficulty stopping the Bengals. Can we agree on that? 

Sure I can agree for a couple minutes the Bills had troubles stopping the Bengals.  Can we agree that they didnt stop the Bills either?  Can we also agree that our defense usually starts out slow, makes a few adjustments, and gets some stops?  Can we also agree that the Bengals have started out hot in quite a few games and then did crap in the second half?  Sometimes the opposite of that?

I dont have to take what you said out of context.  You have a tendency every week to pump up the other team and oh woe is me how ever are we going to beat them attitude.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Imperative that our D-line gets pressure without blitz assist.  With how our secondary has been, can't leave those 3 wideouts one on one.  Our DB play has been worrisome this last half of the season.  

We can do the timely blitz. I am banging the table of at least one nickel blitz off the corner of the slot.

A delayed rush by one of our ILBs is also in the folder. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I posted in another thread why Turnovers are NOT a huge problem for the Bills or Chiefs in the way they are for the rest of the NFL.  In short, they play by different rules than everyone else in that regard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I posted in another thread why Turnovers are NOT a huge problem for the Bills or Chiefs in the way they are for the rest of the NFL.  In short, they play by different rules than everyone else in that regard.

I'm still mulling that. I think against SF it's different because they're the only offense I see capable of controlling the clock against us. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

We can do the timely blitz. I am banging the table of at least one nickel blitz off the corner of the slot.

A delayed rush by one of our ILBs is also in the folder. 

Hopefully we don't need to blitz often to get pressure.  

Side note... Any word on Phillips this Sunday?

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think @Big Turk has a really interesting thread on turnovers. And I think there's something it.

Because the Bills punt so much less than most teams, and have the highest 3rd down conversation rate, and go for it on 4th down... they steal about as many more possessions as they turn the ball over. And then when you add the turnovers the Bills force, the problem is mitigated. 

Sure zero turnovers is ideal, but they make up for it in ways that aren't usually accounted for. 

• Like (+1) 3