We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

34 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

We are favored by what 5? And honestly that's just a betting line, if you consider the media talk and just the overall feeling from fans I'd say Cincy is the favorite. 

I don't think either team "feels" like the favorite coming in, both teams know they need their A game and anything less will likely send them home.

In all reality this game can go either way. But I'm not worried or scared at all. This team has won games in blowout fashion and in close nail biters. We can play just as good as any team in the league and win, and we can play well and lose just the same. But seeing so many people who take on a defeatist attitude towards this team is very very odd...have a little faith people just a little. The Bills aren't  some lucky team who backed into the playoffs like we did years ago, we're actually quite good. Does it mean we will win for sure, not at all but in no way are we out of it before the game even starts. I'm no better or worse then any Bills fan on here or anywhere but I'll never conceeed a loss before we even play the game.

We are favored by what 5? And honestly that's just a betting line, if you consider the media talk and just the overall feeling from fans I'd say Cincy is the favorite. 

I don't think either team "feels" like the favorite coming in, both teams know they need their A game and anythin

I don't think either team "feels" like the favorite coming in, both teams know they need their A game and anything less will likely send them home.

Click and drag to move

g less will likely send them home.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

need to tackle better  Several conversions given up were a result of multiple missed tackles  Milano likes to hurtle his body at carriers and whiffs and Edmunds looks like he's afraid of contact at times  Both need to tackle better along with the litany of dbs we employ

Funny, our former Offensive Coordinators present team is impressive at tackling while we seem to struggle.

• Like (+1) 1

We have to bring the heat against this team. All hands on deck, send pressure a day. Not only will nobody expect it from us, but that’s how you stop this team. Get to Burrow early and often and make him feel the hits all game long. This is our house. The offense dragged us here all season. It’s the Defenses turn to step up and just dominated a banged up front and don’t even let them do anything. The Ravens wrote the book last night. Pin your ears back and make them uncomfortable. Do not sit back and allow this guy to have easy 7 yard throws because he will keep hitting them. Put him on this back

21 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Funny, our former Offensive Coordinators present team is impressive at tackling while we seem to struggle.

The Giants under Wink are an interesting case. It’s the old Ravens system so they blitz a lot. In fact, they lead the NFL in blitz percentage. But they only have one more sack than the Bills. 

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

Would help if Frazier decided to bring more than 4 at times. Seemed like every time the Dolphins were in 3rd and long he just dropped 7 instead of dialing up the pressure on the rookie QB. 

I don’t know what game people were watching but the Bills had 4 sacks, 11 QB hits, gave up 42 yards rushing, 235 total yards, 2 INT’s and gave up 1st downs at only a 25% clip on third downs.   

The Dolphins only had one drive of over 38 yards.

The Bills were stout defensively against the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

We've managed to win our last 2 games against division rivals in a somewhat sloppy & sluggish manner. Obviously we didn't play our perfect game and I'd argue we haven't had one all year.  This game with Cincy will have to be clean with few mistakes. The turnovers have to end. Ball security is paramount.  Routes must be precise and correct. Wrs have to fight for the ball. And when we do run we have to explode to the hole.

Our trenches are weak on both sides so we have to take advantage of the opportunities when they arise. Dorsey must be willing to open up the entire playbook. Not just chuck it deep every other play.  Take everything that the Bengals are willing to give you. And if Damar leads the charge play for each other. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've managed to win our last 2 games against division rivals in a somewhat sloppy & sluggish manner. Obviously we didn't play our perfect game and I'd argue we haven't had one all year.  This game with Cincy will have to be clean with few mistakes. The turnovers have to end. Ball security is paramount.  Routes must be precise and correct. Wrs have to fight for the ball. And when we do run we have to explode to the hole.

Our trenches are weak on both sides so we have to take advantage of the opportunities when they arise. Dorsey must be willing to open up the entire playbook. Not just chuck it deep every other play.  Take everything that the Bengals are willing to give you. And if Damar leads the charge play for each other. 

If our trenches are weak, what are Cincy’s?

Heading into this game, Bills have the healthier/better OL and the DL’s are a push, if not slight edge to the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

You could say the same things about the Bengals. They needed a 98 yard fumble recovery to beat the Ravens last night. Huntley was .5 yards from breaking the plane. They haven’t looked really good for 4 quarters since the Chiefs game. I’m not at all certain of a Bills victory because the Bengals have the tools to beat anyone. But if they blow out the Bills it will be their first dominating win against a good team this year. The same thing can be said about the Bills. Should be a good game.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What NFL team do you cheer for? 

On the rare occasion I post on another teams forum I always start with "I'm a Bills fan and here's my two cents for what it's worth".  I like hearing from other fans as long as I know who they're team is.  If they come on here and throw out crap without identifying their rooting interests then they're just trolling.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

On the rare occasion I post on another teams forum I always start with "I'm a Bills fan and here's my two cents for what it's worth".  I like hearing from other fans as long as I know who they're team is.  If they come on here and throw out crap without identifying their rooting interests then they're just trolling.

Bengals fans won’t let opposing fans on their forum. I, like you, live here and wanted to discuss the SB last year and they wouldn’t approve my account because I made it clear that I’m a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was having this discussion with my son today.  He made the point that based on style of play, the Bills won't win it all.  I countered with this:  They have played pretty much the way we saw on Sunday ALL season.  They are 14-3 playing that way.  It's very Farve-ian.   They had road wins in Baltimore and Kansas City and two late season wins against Miami.    Their three loses were by a combined 8 points and they had a chance to win all three of those games had a bounce here or there gone differently.  I do not expect a "clean" game from them.  They press the ball down field and that leads to mistakes.  But it has worked all season long and tigers don't change their stripes.  So sit back and enjoy it.  Would I be more comfortable with Von, sure, do they still have enough to take it to any team left, absolutely.  And with Cincy in Buffalo and the winner of KC/Jax either neutral or in Buffalo, they have a great chance to go to the SB.  The 8 game win streak is NOT a fluke.  This is a good team that is willing their way to the bowl againtst all threats foreign, domestic, environmental and medical.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 8

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We have to bring the heat against this team. All hands on deck, send pressure a day. Not only will nobody expect it from us, but that’s how you stop this team. Get to Burrow early and often and make him feel the hits all game long. This is our house. The offense dragged us here all season. It’s the Defenses turn to step up and just dominated a banged up front and don’t even let them do anything. The Ravens wrote the book last night. Pin your ears back and make them uncomfortable. Do not sit back and allow this guy to have easy 7 yard throws because he will keep hitting them. Put him on this back

You have to get these points over to One Bills Drive ….STAT

First run it by Schopp though….

• Haha (+1) 2