We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We will need 38-40+. Just because a couple olineman might be out, our DL post Von acl has been underwhelming. If Joe is given too much time we're in trouble.

Ah our staters are so bad missing 3 of the offensive lineman mean nothing at all. I mean you're right we have been lucky in every win we've had. We won't stop them one time on offense and we prolly won't score either right. If you're missing 3 lineman it's nothing against this crap Bills team. I have a real question why watch the game then?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

What they were taking you on for is that Vegas odds makers don’t just give the home team an automatic 3 points anymore. You’re right in that was the practice for a long time. Now, they actually try to use analytics to figure out what the home field is worth in any given game. It’s usually closer to 1.5 but it varies.  Here is a discussion of this:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-how-much-home-field-advantage-worth-spread

Yea I got that.  I am an old guy so excuse my dated knowledge.  I gotta go.  My nurse said it is tme for my sponge bath.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You are good with how they played on defense yesterday against a 3rd string rookie 7th round QB? If that’s the case then agree to disagree. They dropped huge passes yesterday that are big plays and beat us. I’m not ok whatsoever with the Defense. If you are good, it is what it is.

Way too many ppl talking about Dolphins dropped passes...

1. 1st drive: Waddle drops a 40+yards. No points on drive, likely a FG at least if caught.

2. 1st half: Hill drops a 7 yard slant.  No points on drive.  50/50 if this would have led to a FG.

3. 1st half: Wilson drops a pass in the flat.  Would have been no gain either way, Dolphins got a FG on this drive

Please mention the other drops.  If anything, our tackling was an issue as we let them convert a couple drives that should have been stops.

Bottom line, our defense played great 2nd half

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I worry that Rousseau has hit the wall this season. He didn't play football in 2021 and only started 15 games in college. Realistically he was never going to reach his full potential until year 3 but because of Miller's injury we've had to give him more snaps than we'd like the past few weeks. A weakened Rousseau and an uninspiring cast of pass rushers around him does not bode well for a 3 game run against championship caliber teams. But that's what we'll have to overcome.

Would help if Frazier decided to bring more than 4 at times. Seemed like every time the Dolphins were in 3rd and long he just dropped 7 instead of dialing up the pressure on the rookie QB. 

• Agree 2

need to tackle better  Several conversions given up were a result of multiple missed tackles  Milano likes to hurtle his body at carriers and whiffs and Edmunds looks like he's afraid of contact at times  Both need to tackle better along with the litany of dbs we employ

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I'd be surprised if they blitz anywhere near as much as Miami, but I think they will still spy Josh. They know what he's capable of doing on the ground and I can't see them just rolling the dice there. The spy could even be Josh's teammate at Wyoming...Logan Wilson.

He's been spying on Josh since college? That's crooked.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Ah our staters are so bad missing 3 of the offensive lineman mean nothing at all. I mean you're right we have been lucky in every win we've had. We won't stop them one time on offense and we prolly won't score either right. If you're missing 3 lineman it's nothing against this crap Bills team. I have a real question why watch the game then?

Game.

Season.

Franchise.

Just now, Ta111 said:

More money on the Bills. I think it stays around here. Analytics say the Bills are the better team.

And they just lost there starting left tackle, again to some on this board that means nothing but in reality being down 3 starting lineman can also determine a point spread.

20 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Way too many ppl talking about Dolphins dropped passes...

1. 1st drive: Waddle drops a 40+yards. No points on drive, likely a FG at least if caught.

2. 1st half: Hill drops a 7 yard slant.  No points on drive.  50/50 if this would have led to a FG.

3. 1st half: Wilson drops a pass in the flat.  Would have been no gain either way, Dolphins got a FG on this drive

Please mention the other drops.  If anything, our tackling was an issue as we let them convert a couple drives that should have been stops.

Bottom line, our defense played great 2nd half

The other drops were by the Bills that no one seems to consider. Perfect football is tough

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Talked to a Bengals fan today at the gym.

He is deathly afraid of the Bills, and worried his team is going to lose the upcoming game.

I told him that I am deathly afraid of the Bengals, and worried we are going to lose the upcoming game.

So there you go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

He is deathly afraid of the Bills, and worried his team is going to lose the upcoming game.

I told him that I am deathly afraid of the Bengals, and worried we are going to lose the upcoming game.

So there you go.

Make him feel better and point him to this board, he will feel better knowing all these supposed Bills fans on a Bills fan board think we have no shot.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

So there you go.

I’m with you, and I guess that’s why we play the game!

I’m with @SydneyBillsFan above, we feel too heavily favored. I hope they prove my fears unfounded, but these games are killing me! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I’m with you, and I guess that’s why we play the game!

I’m with @SydneyBillsFan above, we feel too heavily favored. I hope they prove my fears unfounded, but these games are killing me! 

We are favored by what 5? And honestly that's just a betting line, if you consider the media talk and just the overall feeling from fans I'd say Cincy is the favorite. 

I don't think either team "feels" like the favorite coming in, both teams know they need their A game and anything less will likely send them home.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Carl Cheffers is the referee.  We last saw him in Week 16 against Chicago... which left a bit to be desired, imo.

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/hochuli-blakeman-cheffers-and-vinovich-are-divisional-playoff-referees/

Not a fan of Cheffers, would prefer Bill Vinovich out of that group.