We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

Couple of thoughts: 

I'm most worried about Bengals pass rush getting to Allen. 

In a perfect world with an open minded OC this would be a Motor Cook Hines game. Baltimore ran all over them, and while those big backs moved bodies and got extra yards, Ravens left even more yards on the field as the holes were huge. Gus and Dobbins could not hit them fast enough and neither guy has breakaway speed. So in short; run the damn ball. 

We have to have better plans to drive the field. 

Plz, give me a few more screens and WR passes. 

Unleash running Allen. It is the time. 

Ball control, clock discipline, mistakes all need to get under control. 

O line really needs to pick it up. Gut check time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Bills need to be physical on offense and defense.  Ravens ran it at Hendrickson so much that the Bengals had to pull him unless it was an obvious passing down.  We need to control the clock on offense and be real physical with their WR’s.  This is an Elam game.  Lawson also needs to play way more than Epenesa.  Id also consider not playing nickel and putting an extra LB on field, but not sure how you solve for keeping Taron on the field.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bills need to be physical on offense and defense.  Ravens ran it at Hendrickson so much that the Bengals had to pull him unless it was an obvious passing down.  We need to control the clock on offense and be real physical with their WR’s.  This is an Elam game.  Lawson also needs to play way more than Epenesa.  Id also consider not playing nickel and putting an extra LB on field, but not sure how you solve for keeping Taron on the field.  

Bengals normally play 3 WRs. We need to play nickel

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

Couple of thoughts: 

I'm most worried about Bengals pass rush getting to Allen. 

In a perfect world with an open minded OC this would be a Motor Cook Hines game. Baltimore ran all over them, and while those big backs moved bodies and got extra yards, Ravens left even more yards on the field as the holes were huge. Gus and Dobbins could not hit them fast enough and neither guy has breakaway speed. So in short; run the damn ball. 

We have to have better plans to drive the field. 

Plz, give me a few more screens and WR passes. 

Bengals pass rush is not as good as the Fins. However, if we play like we did yesterday against them it is a simpleconcept to get Josh. simply line up and attack the point of drop back josh will be at and you will meet him there. run stunts to defeat common schemes and keep the bills OL on their heels.

the bills need to come out and not be afraid to run the ball but absolutely must match points early. the run game will wear down their D and we cannot let their dl wear down our weakened OL.  bills can and must be looking to have 70 yards in the first half running without Allen. if they can do this and then unleash josh in the second half they'll be fine.

the plan to drive the field must be orchestrated as an entire scheme and not just simple single series plan. it needs to be a culmination of setting up for success. something dorsey doesn't do well.

the screens and such i do not fear will work because the bengals are fairly aggressive by default. i'd as soon fake the screen and play actions to get them to over committ.  they are aggressive on defense but not disciplined. this aggression wins matchups and gets in the heads of others but their d is overrated.

i'd not unleash allen. the bengals are a dirty cheap shot team without souls.

the ol needs to be sympatico. needs to be ready to punch, hit, kick, stomp.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think the Bills will address the physicality.  It was obvious during the MNF game at Cinci that the Bengals plan was to come out and punch the Bills in the mouth.  They were physical at every level of Defense and offense in the short time they played., it was borderline over the edge.

• Agree 1

Okay have not read 17 pages, but will add my thoughts.

Neither team was impressive yesterday.  Huntley not very good and we all saw the Miami game. 

Burrow from what I saw didn't wow.

Both teams know they need to play much better and Buffalo is home.

Happy it isn't a 1:00 pm game as for some reason, those were amongst the Bills worst all season (including all 3 losses). 

The key to beating Allen is making him uncomfortable,,, and he had several uncomfortable moments in the pocket yesterday..  Miami caved in the pocket and clogged up the middle running lanes on several occasions.  It was a really nice job by Miami's D.  They caused chaos around Allen.  Most teams won't blitz Josh because he often burns them badly.  But Miami said screw it and brought the heat often and it worked enough to be a major reason why Miami stayed in the game..... because it caused mistakes and incompletions.  

It will be interesting if Cincinnati tries to copy what Miami did.  But lets keep in Mind Buffalo still scored 34,,,and that was including a missed 4th down conversion in FG range on the first drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Is there a reason why we don't use Singletary and Cook on the same drives?  Seems to me that Singletary, Cook, and Allen would make a 3 headed monster and it would be harder to figure out who was about to run the ball.  Singletary is decent at blocking. 

Or have we tried this and not had any success? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I totally agree it's time for Josh to run like crazy; every game is time for him to rush like crazy.

I've been saying for 5 years and it's still true: the most dangerous thing we do is a Josh Allen running play.

O line will not "pick it up" with a quick gut check.  They are very much league average and we all know about how well they play.  They'll have a rough day.

It's funny that after the Demar game, we find ourselves right back to where we were...only with a change of stadium.

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Going to need to score 40.  

That’s it.  That’s the plan.  

I agree we'll need to score a TON, but that's not the key to this one.

We need to keep the self-inflicted wounds to ZERO for this one, and we haven't done that in like 8 or 9 games now.  I lost count.  

You know, the kind that we suffered all day yesterday and that almost let Miami win a game in which they were dominated on the stat sheet.  

More of that next week and we're done.

50 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I got the feeling Baltimore conceded Chase and dared Cinci to beat them with anybody else. Good observation about stopping their run game, too. That is paramount.

Yeah I think I’d dare them to beat you with Higgins

i mean that’s bold too but I’d take out their best weapon….

From browsing the Bengals board,  those posters think Buffalo's defense sucks and can be exploited.  Can't say i blame for thinking that way.  Hopefully the Bills D steps up to the challenge of a really accurate QB coming here with dangerous WR's.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I totally agree it's time for Josh to run like crazy; every game is time for him to rush like crazy.

I've been saying for 5 years and it's still true: the most dangerous thing we do is a Josh Allen running play.

O line will not "pick it up" with a quick gut check.  They are very much league average and we all know about how well they play.  They'll have a rough day.

It's funny that after the Demar game, we find ourselves right back to where we were...only with a change of stadium.

I agree, but did anybody else feel like Josh just wasn't himself physically yesterday? He appeared a bit tentative and slow to roll out and also to take off. He also got caught several times by the spy. Spies never are effective against him. I read an article that mentioned that he was on the injury report this week with an ankle injury. That might explain it. Anyone else feel he was limited?

Almost all of our WRs made big plays yesterday. I think the weapons we have are incredibly underrated. I think we can fire with anyone, the thing that’s bothered me all year was our defense. We are going to have to make every possession count because stops won’t come easy. This team has to stop screwing around with Corner. Elam has long since been the better guy and Dane Jackson is basically terrible at this point. He may want to switch to S because he’s not it at CB. It sucks that it took injury for this coach to get Elam out there but he needs to be out there full go. It needs to be 27/24/7 out there Sunday or we are going to get scorched. I have no concerns about the offense. They score 30 on bad days….fix the defense and start sending pressure

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

From browsing the Bengals board,  those posters think Buffalo's defense sucks and can be exploited.  Can't say i blame for thinking that way.  Hopefully the Bills D steps up to the challenge of a really accurate QB coming here with dangerous WR's.

They are just as cocky as Joe burrow and mixon

really hope that arrogance underplays the bills and we have a solid game

• Like (+1) 2

We are still only 2 weeks removed from Hamlins injury. I think 1 more week of normal week will help. Got the wild card game out the way, back to a normal week. We will see a different team out there next week. Playoff game though so it's going to be a battle. Can't wait. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JMM said:

I agree, but did anybody else feel like Josh just wasn't himself physically yesterday? He appeared a bit tentative and slow to roll out and also to take off. He also got caught several times by the spy. Spies never are effective against him. I read an article that mentioned that he was on the injury report this week with an ankle injury. That might explain it. Anyone else feel he was limited?

Feel they collectively took their foot off the gas after going up 17

I feel Miami said screw it “engage8” the rest of the time what do we have to losr

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Feel they collectively took their foot off the gas after going up 17

I feel Miami said screw it “engage8” the rest of the time what do we have to losr

If Shakir makes that catch this board is totally different yesterday and today.  Everything snowballed from that moment on 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2