We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Caesar said:

Absolutely did not, even pulled his legs up on the roll.  I will try to post the full speed version.

I will point out that there were many posters on the Bengals messageboard on game day saying, if it had been against Burrow, they would be fuming about it and calling it a dirty play. So you should not be surprised about what Bills fans think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Hyde is not playing

Remains to be seen

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Given that home teams get -3, that shows odds makers think this game is a toss up.

No, that’s not what it means

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The difficult part to this game is going to be our secondary.  This game will be a shootout and we are going to need everything Josh has in him to win this one.  

would you rather have Tre as your #1 CB or Eli Apple?  Elam is stepping up.  And Benford is ready to go.  He broke his hand I believe, and that was months ago. 

7 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Not really,  but I appreciate your confidence.

Is this topic really worth arguing over?

What they were taking you on for is that Vegas odds makers don’t just give the home team an automatic 3 points anymore. You’re right in that was the practice for a long time. Now, they actually try to use analytics to figure out what the home field is worth in any given game. It’s usually closer to 1.5 but it varies.  Here is a discussion of this:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-how-much-home-field-advantage-worth-spread

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

What they were taking you on for is that Vegas odds makers don’t just give the home team an automatic 3 points anymore. You’re right in that was the practice for a long time. Now, they actually try to use analytics to figure out what the home field is worth in any given game. It’s usually closer to 1.5 but it varies.  Here is a discussion of this:

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/nfl-odds-how-much-home-field-advantage-worth-spread

Your argument is very well presented.  My point is it is a very close match up.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Seeing what the Ravens were able to do defensively gives me hope for the bills, but they gotta clean up the sloppiness 

I don't think we will get as lucky as the ravens did with the drops the Bengals had.  The over under for this game will be in the high 60's if not 70's.  Going to be an arms race.  Hold on.  

• Agree 1