Mitch Morse, Defender of Honor

Beck Water

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love how petty Josh is.

Is it petty?  I dunno what goes on, on the line or in the bottom of a pile when Josh is sacked or tackled. 

I do know that a couple years back when Bosa corkscrewed Josh and it looked like it might have been serious, he was going from OLman to OLman babbling about how he wasn’t trying to hurt him, he was just trying to tackle him, etc etc.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t concerned for Josh; he was concerned for having his nuts or his head ripped off by one of the OL in retaliation if they thought he was out of line.  And extracurricular stuff on Josh shut down pretty well when it was clear the OL wouldn’t stand for it.

It may be something that had to be done.

Pretty sure Wilkins will hear about it from his coaches and maybe he’ll turn it down

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Is it petty?  I dunno what goes on, on the line or in the bottom of a pile when Josh is sacked or tackled. 

I do know that a couple years back when Bosa corkscrewed Josh and it looked like it might have been serious, he was going from OLman to OLman babbling about how he wasn’t trying to hurt him, he was just trying to tackle him, etc etc.

I’m pretty sure he wasn’t concerned for Josh; he was concerned for having his nuts or his head ripped off by one of the OL in retaliation if they thought he was out of line.  And extracurricular stuff on Josh shut down pretty well when it was clear the OL wouldn’t stand for it.

It may be something that had to be done.

Pretty sure Wilkins will hear about it from his coaches and maybe he’ll turn it down

In this instance, looks like Josh started it, and we know he doesn’t like Wilkins. Hey, I liked how he stirred the pot!

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

In this instance, looks like Josh started it, and we know he doesn’t like Wilkins. Hey, I liked how he stirred the pot!

How? Josh is just standing there and Wilkins comes from nowhere to push him. Clearly Wilkins started it.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I may be responsible for confusion.  Wilkins started it - he gave Josh a shove after Josh threw a pick.  

Josh then started the “defense of his honor” by giving Wilkins a good ol’ shove, leading his OL to weigh in

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I may be responsible for confusion.  Wilkins started it - he gave Josh a shove after Josh threw a pick.  

Josh then started the “defense of his honor” by giving Wilkins a good ol’ shove, leading his OL to weigh in

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

How? Josh is just standing there and Wilkins comes from nowhere to push him. Clearly Wilkins started it.

I think Josh started it. Wilkins went into blocking mode and then saw it was the QB, and backed off. Josh was mad, and just started shoving him. At least, that’s how I interpret the video. 

• Like (+1) 1

Mitch Morse presser is a must-watch

“Do you remember a time when you’ve been fired up on the football field as you were today protecting Josh?”

”Um…. No.”

(Then says a lot of classy stuff about let’s not make it bigger than it was, we talked afterwards, I have a lot of respect for the way he plays, he’s a competitive guy)

“Tempers flare on the football field, we had our moment, then it was mitigated and we were able to continue playing…but No.  I’ve never been…No.”

”When you see your QB in trouble for want of a better word, what’s the thought process for an offensive lineman?”

”In the moment, you sort of lose consciousness for a little bit”

”I mean, that’s your Guy, that’s your Quarterback, you just want to be there for him.  And it escalated, like you saw”

Gotta actually watch the interview, it’s the tone of voice and the body language that are priceless.

Like Mitch Morse underwent a transformation on the football field and discovered an inner Hulk he didn’t know he had, and is kind of taken aback by it

Bonus: at the end, someone asks Dion “How that third date went?”

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think Josh started it. Wilkins went into blocking mode and then saw it was the QB, and backed off. Josh was mad, and just started shoving him. At least, that’s how I interpret the video. 

Wilkins knew it was the QB and (I think) said something along with his shove.  That wasn’t immediate “blocking mode”.  Then he thought he’d go into blocking mode and that’s how the shove would be interpreted.

Allen had other notions.

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

What other NFL QB goes head to head on a defensive lineman like that?  Loved it!

burrow wouldnt want to stain his turtleneck. hes more the type to heat up a doorknob or jimmy rig some trap paint cans

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Mount it on his wall?

sell it to cody ford for his last training camp

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Am I misremembering, or does it seem there was some kind of scuffle at the end.  Was that why?

On 1/16/2023 at 12:27 AM, PBF81 said:

At least he didn't stoop to grabbing Allen's nuts again.

As far as we know.  Wouldn't bet on that not having happened during one or another sack/tackle

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Am I misremembering, or does it seem there was some kind of scuffle at the end.  Was that why?

They were jawing directly at each other for awhile before that last snap. Wilkins pushed the pile harder than necessary (I don't blame him for that) and that kicked it off. He's a clown.

On 1/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Beck Water said:

Mitch Morse presser is a must-watch

“Do you remember a time when you’ve been fired up on the football field as you were today protecting Josh?”

”Um…. No.”

(Then says a lot of classy stuff about let’s not make it bigger than it was, we talked afterwards, I have a lot of respect for the way he plays, he’s a competitive guy)

“Tempers flare on the football field, we had our moment, then it was mitigated and we were able to continue playing…but No.  I’ve never been…No.”

”When you see your QB in trouble for want of a better word, what’s the thought process for an offensive lineman?”

”In the moment, you sort of lose consciousness for a little bit”

”I mean, that’s your Guy, that’s your Quarterback, you just want to be there for him.  And it escalated, like you saw”

Gotta actually watch the interview, it’s the tone of voice and the body language that are priceless.

Like Mitch Morse underwent a transformation on the football field and discovered an inner Hulk he didn’t know he had, and is kind of taken aback by it

Bonus: at the end, someone asks Dion “How that third date went?”

We can't him losing consciousness anymore.

• Sad 1

Allen totally started it, then walked away when it got heated.

This is something that Bills fans have BLISTERED Tom Brady over for years.

Same with flopping and pleading for holding and RTP calls.

Looks like our Josh Allen has a lot of Tom Brady tendencies.

GOOD!!!

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/15/2023 at 9:29 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love how petty Josh is.

It's a live play. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Allen totally started it, then walked away when it got heated.

This is something that Bills fans have BLISTERED Tom Brady over for years.

Same with flopping and pleading for holding and RTP calls.

Looks like our Josh Allen has a lot of Tom Brady tendencies.

GOOD!!!

It was still a live play. Start what? Playing football?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.