Stop looking for style points

Ya Digg?

37 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

All “objective signs” do not point toward us falling short.  Your anxieties point to that.  

Vegas still has us as the team second most likely to win it all, slightly behind KC.  THAT world is about objectivity.

I think vegas is a bit of the problem.  With the proliferation of gambling in recent years, all you hear about is point spreads and the odds.  Its every where.  And, I think, a lot of people equate...favored by 10pts... to we should win easily and blow this team out.    When we don’t, obviously we’re bad.   Its kinda how fantasy football made everyone just look at individual stats and declare players garbage, rather than look at their contribution to a winning team. 

Add to it a healthy dose of pessimism. The psychology of predicting doom so you don’t get your heart broken.  Throw in a smidge of the grass is always greener over there.   End result.. constant bashing of a 14 win team that had survived a season that would have doomed most teams and that for 4 consecutive years has been in the playoffs and 3 consecutive years making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

I get it.  I just wish they y enjoy how good this team is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think vegas is a bit of the problem.  With the proliferation of gambling in recent years, all you hear about is point spreads and the odds.  Its every where.  And, I think, a lot of people equate...favored by 10pts... to we should win easily and blow this team out.    When we don’t, obviously we’re bad.   Its kinda how fantasy football made everyone just look at individual stats and declare players garbage, rather than look at their contribution to a winning team. 

Add to it a healthy dose of pessimism. The psychology of predicting doom so you don’t get your heart broken.  Throw in a smidge of the grass is always greener over there.   End result.. constant bashing of a 14 win team that had survived a season that would have doomed most teams and that for 4 consecutive years has been in the playoffs and 3 consecutive years making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

I get it.  I just wish they could enjoy how good this team is. 

42 minutes ago, hemma said:

I look at yesterday as being the Bills absolute floor for complimentary Football.

Still won.

Better weeks are coming.

I've been saying for weeks now...We can look at this glass as half filled, or half empty. Because each and every close game this year the Bills were a mistake or two away from winning by a couple TD's...We all know this...We watched it...So...If they put it all together for these last 3 games they will be SB Champs. If they keep making mistakes that allow teams to hang around they still have a good chance, but it's very risky...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boater said:

31 points scored by a third string QB and second string RB. 

7 points from a fumble, so we are down to 24. 1 touchdown drive started on the Bills 18, 2 field goal drives for them started on the Bills side of the field (one already in field goal range), the other field goal drive started at the 40…so yes, I still think the defense played well 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

7 points from a fumble, so we are down to 24. 1 touchdown drive started on the Bills 18, 2 field goal drives for them started on the Bills side of the field (one already in field goal range), the other field goal drive started at the 40…so yes, I still think the defense played well 

Agreed. They only gave up 230 total yards. Dolphins had 1 long drive the entire game. I really wonder if people actually watch the games.

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I was actually worried about this game McDaniels was playing with house money and really could throw the kitchen sink at the bills as no one would blame him for any out of the ordinary decision he would try. 
I honestly don’t think the Bills took the Fins seriously and at 17-0 they where thinking about next week. The Bills do play down to their opponents from time to time.I don’t think that will be a problem next week  

it was actually 21-0, then it was 14-0, and then 17-0.

23 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

If we are to be really honest, I don’t think we’ve played a complete game on D, O, and ST since week 2.  It is a credit we’ve done so well given that, but I don’t think it will be enough against teams we’d be facing from here on.

Well said. Yeah,its week to week now,but you can guage a team's effectiveness and chances watching the way they perform in certain situations. 

4 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Well said. Yeah,its week to week now,but you can guage a team's effectiveness and chances watching the way they perform in certain situations. 

But there’s also something to be said about stopping drives when they need to stop drives or scoring touchdowns when a touchdown is needed. You can’t tell me that they have won 14 games and 8 in a row without coming up with crucial stops or scoring when it is needed 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.