Stop looking for style points

Ya Digg?

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you think that we will play like this next week because we played like that this week, your mistaken.  

win and move on.

We can complain about things from this game, but it doesn’t matter as long as we don’t do it again next weeks Nothing else matters except Ws

What about the other games that looked like this?  Do they count or was today a one off?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been hearing the "If we play like this next week we will lose" saying for the last 8 weeks. Honestly it's the playoffs anything can happen and no win or loss is a guarantee. So if people want to try and predict the future so be it, I'll just have faith in my team as I always have.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Agreed! We are in trouble next week. Everyone here says we need to “clean things up” and we’ll be ok. Guys we are ourselves. They should have been doing that for 10 weeks now. Bengals will blow us out. 

Bengals didn't blow out anybody this year. But yeah, they will definitely blow out us in OP next week. Lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Glad we won, but if you think we can win next week playing the way they did today you’re mistaken

Next week is next week. The way NFL football goes we can absolutely win the game.  The Bills might play better or they might play worse then they did today.   Only time will tell.  Maybe this is how we are going to keep winning games no matter who we play.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I get where you’re coming from but we had problems today that we’ve had for a while.  Problems that will be exploited by the really good teams left.

KC lost to the Colts. They barely beat the Bronco's twice, and nearly lost to the Texans. None of the teams we may face are measurably better than us. Each game is a self contained unit.

The turnovers are a huge problem obviously. Sometimes you can overcome them. Other times...

I have to admit, this was the most infuriating game I’ve ever watched and I’ve seen some doozies over the years. From the refusal to run in key moments to the 90 bombs in a row to the weirdest time outs at the absolute worst times. This was the most pissed I’ve ever been after a win and it actually took awhile for me to calm down which is not like me at all usually. I’ll take this as the Bills totally over looked the Dolphins and were already onto the Bengals before the game started but I agree only 3 more wins and we got this!

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

If we are to be really honest, I don’t think we’ve played a complete game on D, O, and ST since week 2.  It is a credit we’ve done so well given that, but I don’t think it will be enough against teams we’d be facing from here on.

Then how did we beat KC at KC? It certainly was enough against them.

Every team we play is going to give their ALL to try to beat us, I said this a while back in some thread or another, “every game is going to be a dog fight”, and we are going to have to dig deep every game, 

GO BILLS!!!

The back and forth in this thread captivates me.   I’ve created a key:

If someone says the Bills did not play as well as they can, they did not say the Bills are a terrible football team.

If someone says Miami played well, today, they did not say the Bills can’t play better.

If someone says the Bills put up great offensive numbers, today, they did not say a game against Cincinnati won’t be challenging.

If someone says the defense gave up a manageable number of points and yards, considering the turnovers, they did not say Joe Burrow stinks.

If someone says the NFL sells competition, in the form of football, and has designed roster assembly, salary caps and rules just so anybody can beat anyone, week to week, game to game, they’d be correct.

I feel no better or worse going into next week than I would feel with a 21 point win against the Fins.

Theres a coin out there many of us have latched onto.  Heads says “we barely won cuz we stink.”   Tails says “of course won big cuz they stink.”  The coin lets you be glum regardless of outcome.

Survive and advance.  One down, three to go.

The 1972 Dolphins beat Buffalo by one point in week six before going 17-0.   

Imagine the handwringing.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Next week is next week. The way NFL football goes we can absolutely win the game.  The Bills might play better or they might play worse then they did today.   Only time will tell.  Maybe this is how we are going to keep winning games no matter who we play.

I just want them to play better.

35 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Then how did we beat KC at KC? It certainly was enough against them.

Good point.  We did have a good effort overall against the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Do you honestly believe we win next week playing how they played today?

It almost depends on how the opponent plays too.  We may indeed look as bad next week but win if opponent looks even worse.  They don't get some auto guarantee they play their a game and we don't.   The game next week will be decided on how players and teams play next week not how they looked this week getting to play next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Bengals still have Eli Apple running around as a starting CB in 2023…

Some of you really need to stop glorifying these other incredibly flawed teams. It’s kind of pathetic. You’ve watched no more than a snapshot thanks to Red Zone TV and now think these teams with very real issues are better for no real reason whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Glad we won, but if you think we can win next week playing the way they did today you’re mistaken

Brian Daboll just put in a master class on how to have your team prepared!! Daniel Jones taking that sack and allowing the clock to run as opposed to throwing it away was an example of knowing situational football 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.