Weird day, me or both?

Simon

6 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

A few people I know didn't like the play calling on that possession but it's also true that Davis was behind the defense on both those passes. Josh underthrew him on the first one and overthrew him on the second one. A better pass on either play is a touchdown.

The weird part of the game for me was the role the sun played on deep throws. I believe that the opening deep drop by Waddle, the failure of John Brown to breakup the deep interception, and the drop by Khalil Shakir were all a function of having the sun in their eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

I have never seen a game with so many plays ultimately blown dead after a timeout was called just prior to the snap.     There were at least 3 plays, maybe 4, that went snap to completion that were then waived off entirely.

Somebody correct me, but if the timeout isn't called early enough to prevent the snap, then the play counts....   is that no longer the rule?

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The 4th down timeout while I cursed it immediately wheb I saw the replay it was 100% the right call. The Bills defense was not set at all the Dolphins had 3 guys wide open right off the line. Skylar Thompson made a poor low percentage throw but man if he makes a good one even a short slant to the other side it could well have gone the distance. Judging it once you know the outcome, sure you'd like it back.... but that is a play you use a timeout. 4th down big moment and your D isn't close to set

Idk if it’s because I had a great view of that play or what lol but waddle was wiiiiide open on that throw and it was hardly low percentage 

48 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

A few people I know didn't like the play calling on that possession but it's also true that Davis was behind the defense on both those passes. Josh underthrew him on the first one and overthrew him on the second one. A better pass on either play is a touchdown.

The weird part of the game for me was the role the sun played on deep throws. I believe that the opening deep drop by Waddle, the failure of John Brown to breakup the deep interception, and the drop by Khalil Shakir were all a function of having the sun in their eyes.

I just don’t get people anymore lol the dolphins were single covering guys on the outside to load up the middle and they were repeatedly getting burned… we don’t think we should’ve thrown those passes because we had previously thrown a deep pass? 😂.

Usually the opposing defense forces us underneath if we want to take those throws to take away the deep stuff but the dolphins did the opposite. they were giving us the deep throws and hoping their pass rush got home in time and it was a mixed bag…they got tons of pressure but narrowly avoided us scoring like 21 more points lol

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

It seems like a  game in a parallel universe 

That's exactly what I was telling my buddy from work. I felt like at 1 o'clock the Twilight Zone door opened and we were all transported to another dimension. I remember looking down at my phone after feeling like I'd watched the game for two days and it was 4:05PM... with 1:32 left in the 3rd quarter. 

• Shocked 1

On 1/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, Luka said:

That's exactly what I was telling my buddy from work. I felt like at 1 o'clock the Twilight Zone door opened and we were all transported to another dimension. I remember looking down at my phone after feeling like I'd watched the game for two days and it was 4:05PM... with 1:32 left in the 3rd quarter. 

Yep , even the lighting was weird 

Had seats in section 114 so it was "don't sit for 3 hours zone" and thought I was just feeling my age. I sat for every tv/called timeout and anytime the action stopped for more than a minute which looking back on it, there were a lot of. The refs took their time on official reviews, but it felt like there were 7 or 8 play reviews they still took time for. 

On 1/15/2023 at 4:55 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

What can you say when your dumbass coach calls not one, but TWO timeouts when the Fish were down to nothing on the play clock?  Once to wipe out the 4th down stop and give McDaniel the option to punt, and once again to wipe out Tremaine Edmunds making a stop to bring up 3rd and 10.  Weird.

Not to defend McDermott BUT one one of those timeouts, the defense  was in a stat of chaos with players milling around not knowing what their assignments were.  I blame that on Leslie Frazier.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.