Weird day, me or both?

Simon

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The 4th down timeout while I cursed it immediately wheb I saw the replay it was 100% the right call. The Bills defense was not set at all the Dolphins had 3 guys wide open right off the line. Skylar Thompson made a poor low percentage throw but man if he makes a good one even a short slant to the other side it could well have gone the distance. Judging it once you know the outcome, sure you'd like it back.... but that is a play you use a timeout. 4th down big moment and your D isn't close to set

Either way, it's an indictment of the Bills coaching staff.  You don't have the luxury of lining up incorrectly on 4th down with the game on the line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

According to the Bills playbook those are the reads. It was well known that if the Dolphins flashed cover 0 or 1-1s on the outside that was the throw.

Now if you say that the team didn't have cover 0 short beaters, great I take your point. But overall, just blaming the reads without knowing why is lazy IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Weird play calling too.  Those deep passes to Davis back to back in the fourth quarter to set up that three and out has made me lose faith in this coaching staff.  If that were Burrow or Mahomes on the other sideline we’d me making our off season wishlists and mock drafts right now.

Not as weird as a post by the "punt catcher".

You usually do not win a playoff game with 2 interceptions and 3 fumbles by QB but Bills won.

We got the "try too hard" Josh who generally does not come out in playoffs.

Their plan was to limit Hill and Waddle and they did that for most part.

Bills were definitely more creative than they have been but not as creative, for the good and the bad, as with Coach Diabolical.

Beasley got more than 1 snap which made a difference and Gabe Davis is getting back in sync with Josh.

And I mock those who make mock draft lists while season is ongoing.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Said in another thread, I’m emotionally confused. I should be happy.. but instead I just want to smash glass bottles and curse. 

You have far more energy than I do.  I just want to sit back on my ass and drink beer.  A lot of beer.

And eat sushi.  Which I shall do Right Now.

49 minutes ago, Simon said:

I didn't sit down twice for the last hour and smoked a cigar INSIDE the house :blink:

If you’re a married or partnered man, that is certainly LIVING DANGEROUSLY

I know a chap who came back from a poker night and smoked a cigar in the kitchen

His pregnant wife attacked him with a cleaning implement

47 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It was all that.  It's a game I want to flush.  It had so many odd "bounces" and weird timeouts/coaching decisions/etc.  

The problem is we've had several games this season like today.  Both in victory and defeat. Wierd, sloppy, out of sorts etc. The coaching time outs were just unnecessary. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

The problem is we've had several games this season like today.  Both in victory and defeat. Wierd, sloppy, out of sorts etc. The coaching time outs were just unnecessary. 

Yeah, the timeouts sucked.  It's happened a few times this year.  But agreed, we've not been super sharp many times this year.  But I think the winning in the face of all that is a testament to this team's ability.  If we can play a clean/complete game, we can and will hang with any team.

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Either way, it's an indictment of the Bills coaching staff.  You don't have the luxury of lining up incorrectly on 4th down with the game on the line.

I guess you do if you have timeouts left.  Other than trying to preserve time, that's what timeouts are for.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It means after it hits 0 you have an additional 2 seconds.  Remember the Colts game with Rivers. Refs are human and flawed like all of us. Why do you think MLB is finally going to digital strike zone. 

seems pretty simple to me. 

Play clock hits zero----->whistle blown------> flag thrown.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

weird-assed camera angles at key moments repeatedly blocking specific views

weird-assed confusions with delays, TOs, game and play clocks

weird-assed throws to odd spots

weird-assed coaching decisions

weird-assed tech glitches with the first down line

weird-assed bounces and ball action (the airbag that saved Tremaine was a personal fave)

weird-assed combinations of stats vs scoreboard

I didn't sit down twice for the last hour and smoked a cigar INSIDE the house :blink:

This type of game will cause ulcers, heart palpitations and visions of deep frustration for 8 months. I drank 3 scotches and I only drink beers gameday.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

weird-assed bounces and ball action (the airbag that saved Tremaine was a personal fave)

Im with you Simon. I stood the 4th quarter.

46 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

What can you say when your dumbass coach calls not one, but TWO timeouts when the Fish were down to nothing on the play clock?  Once to wipe out the 4th down stop and give McDaniel the option to punt, and once again to wipe out Tremaine Edmunds making a stop to bring up 3rd and 10.  Weird.

The defence wasn’t ready so he called a timeout. I’m hindsight it’s easy to say it was wrong but at the moment it was the right thing to do. It’s not a difficult thing to understand. 

40 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The same coaching staff that won the AFC east again and who take the team to the playoffs every year. Incompetent dumbasses, the lot of them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I too smoked a cigar inside the house 😬

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.