Season end, how good are the Bills really?

Comebackkid

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Look I am the biggest critic of the oline but a lot of the pressure today came from cover 0 blitzes. That is mainly OC and Quarterback who have to adjust to that.... and their only answer today seemed "chuck it deep." That is kinda back where we were 3 years ago. The last two years we killed heavy blitz teams. 

since i dont recall and your the expert here...   is that normal for the Dolphins when they play us or did they catch us off guard?

Just now, Comebackkid said:

since i dont recall and your the expert here...   is that normal for the Dolphins when they play us or did they catch us off guard?

They are a blitz heavy team regardless. Haven't seen the cover 0 numbers for this year but they ran it 2nd most in the NFL last year. They ran it less against us in week 4, but they mixed some of it in the week before xmas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Glass half empty-Allen has recently been off on most games compared to 20 and 21, the defense leaves the opposing offense on the field too long and the Bills often aren't playing their best football

Glass half full-Buffalo has learned to win the close games, overcame an injury plagued season and are on an eight game winning streak.

Taking it one game at a time

Edited by dgrochester55

not sure about the validity of this link...  but the bottom table with us at 13-3 shows us at #7 sos

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

Glass half empty-Allen has recently been off on most games compared to 20 and 21, the defense leaves the opposing offense on the field too long and the Bills often aren't playing their best football

Glass half full-Buffalo has learned to win the close games, overcame an injury plagued season and are on an eight game winning streak.

Taking it one game at a time

great reply...thanks

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Bengals D is better all around than the Fins.

Dolphins have a good front 4, but their linebackers and banged up secondary are a mess. (31st against the pass)

Do the Bengals intend on using their secondary to pass rush Allen? 

• Like (+1) 1

Answer is: what is the Bills current win streak…, 

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

reply is...what is the strength of teams during that win streak?   (either way its impressive, many things have gone against the bills outside of the game itself)

Just win baby!!!

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1

Season ain’t ended yet

20 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I don’t claim to be an expert, but the Dolphins are absolutely known for Cover0 blitzing

It must be noted that for those who want more run game, Cover0 blitzes can stuff the run as well.

The two canonical ways to beat them are with deep throws up the middle (knowing there is no safety back there), or, with screen passes.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Do the Bengals intend on using their secondary to pass rush Allen? 

Huh? Lol. 

I brought up the point that the Bengals have a overall better defence as Miami is 31st against the pass. 

Sacks count towards pass as well. So even with Miami’s pass rush, still 31st against the pass during the regular season .

Not sure what you’re arguing here to be honest 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Huh? Lol. 

I brought up the point that the Bengals have a overall better defence as Miami is 31st against the pass. 

Sacks count towards pass as well. So even with Miami’s pass rush, still 31st against the pass during the regular season .

Not sure what you’re arguing here to be honest 

I’m arguing Miami DL is elite. 

Just now, GolfandBills said:

It comes down to Allen’s turnovers.  Just way too many.  It’s becoming a very real problem 

He’s been very loose with the football. Pocket awareness is real. OL giving up a ton of pressure. Sometimes when there’s no pressure he’s seeing ghosts. And today he misses a corner blitz. It was a disaster at times. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Season ain’t ended yet

I don’t claim to be an expert, but the Dolphins are absolutely known for Cover0 blitzing

It must be noted that for those who want more run game, Cover0 blitzes can stuff the run as well.

The two canonical ways to beat them are with deep throws up the middle (knowing there is no safety back there), or, with screen passes.

The reason i asked, was just wondering if the Bills should have been prepared for it.  i could assume i guess that the deep passes were 

because the bills thought they could take advantage of that and dolphins secondary that isnt that greatest.   For what ever reason it seems like all those big 

play attempts were on 3rd down. 

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If the 49ers rush like they did yesterday Allen will carve them up on the ground...they were all upfield leaving huge rush lanes.

dolphins did a good job at keeping Allen confined in the back field.   

4 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

It comes down to Allen’s turnovers.  Just way too many.  It’s becoming a very real problem 

Nah, Brown quit on his route on the first INT and the second INT literally clanked off Beasley’s chest. The fumble might’ve been Allen’s fault, gotta go back and watch to see if someone whiffed in the outside blitz or if Allen misread it. 

Edited by Wraith
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

The reason i asked, was just wondering if the Bills should have been prepared for it.  i could assume i guess that the deep passes were 

because the bills thought they could take advantage of that and dolphins secondary that isnt that greatest.   For what ever reason it seems like all those big 

play attempts were on 3rd down. 

dolphins did a good job at keeping Allen confined in the back field.   

Yeah the Fins made some nice "fake" openings where they allowed Allen to think he had a wide open rush lane up the middle and then as soon as he tries to run, they collapsed inside to take it away.

That takes some experience tho to do we, in one game where the other team hasn't faced Allen or hasn't in a few years I doubt they are that nuanced.

That's why division games are tough no matter what.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wraith said:

Nah, Brown quit on his route on the first INT and the second INT literally clanked off Beasley’s chest. The fumble might’ve been Allen’s fault, gotta go back and watch to see if some whiffed in the outside blitz or if Allen misread it. 

aside from the obvious of it causing turnovers.   thats twice now Allens elbow has taken a good hit while his arm is in full motion.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.