Give Edmunds props

The Red King

9 hours ago, Simon said:

Then they shouldn't have wasted two picks on him, imo

I’ll push back a little and say he had a pretty darn good second season (2019). He wasn’t the best LB in the league that year, of course, but he was definitely above average. He struggled in 2020 after hurting his shoulder vs the Jets and had a mediocre year in 2021, but he’s been great this year. You can say they “wasted” two picks on him, but that seems unfair given that I believe he was worth at least one of them.

16 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He missed a lot of plays too.  He's nowhere near worth the money he will command this offseason.

I just pray Beane sees it that way...he's a smart guy, so I have confidence he will.

👍

I seen more missed plays than completed good plays.  People love to say he is so valuable because they just assume that his replacement is currently on the roster.  You can do better than Edmunds for much cheaper.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I seen more missed plays than completed good plays.  People love to say he is so valuable because they just assume that his replacement is currently on the roster.  You can do better than Edmunds for much cheaper.

During yesterday's game?  Because that's all this thread is about.

17 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Edmunds is a game changing, heat seeking missile. I love his motor, his speed and his incredible length. His physicality is infectious and coupled with Milano he protects the middle of the field so that our secondary can focus on deeper routes. Edmunds had a great game.

His size is a big deterrent to opposing offenses. He’s incredible at space eating, and continues to get better in areas he’s supposedly lacked. The casual fan can’t understand that you’re able to run certain defenses because of the personnel you have. You’re absolutely right about protecting that middle of the field, and creating a buffer in that intermediate area. I wish some fans would listen to opposing coaches and film watchers about Edmunds, rather then protecting their opinion from 2018.

13 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

His size is a big deterrent to opposing offenses. He’s incredible at space eating, and continues to get better in areas he’s supposedly lacked. The casual fan can’t understand that you’re able to run certain defenses because of the personnel you have. You’re absolutely right about protecting that middle of the field, and creating a buffer in that intermediate area. I wish some fans would listen to opposing coaches and film watchers about Edmunds, rather then protecting their opinion from 2018.

Well said. I guess it’s tough to take a strong position and be objective and open enough to changing your opinion when you see a player develop into a real asset.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

During yesterday's game?  Because that's all this thread is about.

2nd and 18 in a critical time in 4th to keep them out of the end zone.  Edmunds with an atrocious play.  Rinse and repeat.

Dude is too finesse and not enough grit.  Everything is so methodical with him because he lacks instincts.  

• Agree 1

Edmunds has been very good all year, and agree he had his best game this year yesterday. Let's also remember, the young man is only 24 years old! He's just rounding into his full development in so many ways and has 5 years of NFL experience in his pocket. This is exciting for him and for the Bills. If we can find a way to retain him in the off-season, we absolutely should do that...we either believe we pay our Draft picks once they've shown they can be worth the money, or we don't actually believe what we talk about on this board. He was young, needing NFL coaching and development, and time to mature. He's done that. Pay him before you hand out another contract to someone else outside the organization. JMO.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He missed a lot of plays too.  He's nowhere near worth the money he will command this offseason.

I just pray Beane sees it that way...he's a smart guy, so I have confidence he will.

👍

I have confidence he does NOT share your opinion.  At.  All.

• Agree 1

Has any other player in Bills past generated so many threads debating his value to the team?

After every game, a slew of them: "great game!" "he misses a ton of plays, not worth it"

They are going to pay him and it will be more of the same until they trade him.

I criticized Edmunds the past couple years but he has clearly become an invaluable member of the defense. Of course he makes mistakes. I watched the highest paid MLB in league history flub an easy sack on 3rd down yesterday which may have cost his team the game. If perfection is your standard you'll never be happy. As far as doing his 1/11 Edmunds has done exactly what he's asked to do. No brainer re-signing IMO.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Pretty easy to say/write. How about telling us how you would do it. Who would you replace him with? And for how much?  
This should be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I love the instincts of Sewell and Eichenberg.  

Cool. At least you kinda have a plan. I have a feeling he won’t be that easily replaced. Some here just say we can do better with no plan. Someone here was clamoring for Roquan Smith(you know who you are), forgetting he was going to command $20 million. He wasn’t worth it last night. Even the great Roquan missed some tackles last night. Everyone does. Milano, Tre, etc. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.