Give Edmunds props

The Red King

This game really got played into Edmunds’s hands. Miami had no running game. And Edmunds’s job was to back up, and move up to hit an RB check down, or run side to side to RB screens, or get as deep as possible to cover the under of Waddle and Hill (which I think he did very well today). His run game defensive — hitting holes and making tackles for losses — is what kills me with him. He’s never doing that. This game, it wasn’t needed, thanks god. 

• Disagree 1

On the 4th and 8 pass to the rb where Milano missed the tackle he really got screwed bc he was pushed from behind idk how they didn’t call it 

5 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think Edmunds is a good player. 

But had 2 key missed tackles today, including one that extended dolphins scoring drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I think Edmunds is a good player. 

But had 2 key missed tackles today, including one that extended dolphins scoring drive. 

Yeah all player miss tackles here and there. Milano missed his share today. So did Tre White. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Funny how even while Edmunds may have played his best game of the year, Milano was far superior. 

Yup. Also saw his two sacks.

I know you don’t like Edmunds, but stop with the nonsense. It’s the same select few who say the same crap. 😂

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I know you don’t like Edmunds, but stop with the nonsense. It’s the same select few who say the same crap. 😂

You think Edmunds played better than Milano today???

I posted during the game three times that Edmunds was playing really well. He had a very good game, Milano's was better. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You think Edmunds played better than Milano today???

I posted during the game three times that Edmunds was playing really well. He had a very good game, Milano's was better. 

Not sure where you got that from. 
You say this may have been Edmunds’ best game yet Milano was “far superior “. Even you know that’s a load of crap. That’s what I mean by stop the nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Not sure where you got that from. 
You say this may have been Edmunds’ best game yet Milano was “far superior “. Even you know that’s a load of crap. That’s what I mean by stop the nonsense. 

Ok fair enough. 

Edmunds played a very good game. I dont recall a single time he misread the run or got blocked out of the play this game. Even when he didn't get the tackle he seemed to be taking the right angle.  Honestly I think it was his best game of the year.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Ok fair enough. 

Edmunds played a very good game. I dont recall a single time he misread the run or got blocked out of the play this game. Even when he didn't get the tackle he seemed to be taking the right angle.  Honestly I think it was his best game of the year.

They’re both damn good. I’ve enjoyed watching them play together. Might be their last year together though. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He missed a lot of plays too.  He's nowhere near worth the money he will command this offseason.

I just pray Beane sees it that way...he's a smart guy, so I have confidence he will.

👍

I don't know if he missed a lot of plays, but he did wiffes on a 3rs and long that let Miami get a first. Then made a nice play on the next. How about Milano' lousey missed tackle on  similar occasion? Bills tackling is far too suspect. Do they watch the tapes?

3 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

This game really got played into Edmunds’s hands. Miami had no running game. And Edmunds’s job was to back up, and move up to hit an RB check down, or run side to side to RB screens, or get as deep as possible to cover the under of Waddle and Hill (which I think he did very well today). His run game defensive — hitting holes and making tackles for losses — is what kills me with him. He’s never doing that. This game, it wasn’t needed, thanks god. 

@rochesterfan Explain, Coach.

This defensive is built for a dominant middle linebacker, like McDermott had at Carolina. Well, Edmunds isn’t that,, so what are we talking about here.. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive

They've invested five years in the dude and he's entering his prime playing age. I really think they're gonna push hard to retain him. And if they can't reach a deal they can at least franchise him. I think he's too important to this defense. He and Milano play well off each other and Tremaine is such a presence over the middle. He's just a steady, solid player. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.