Fish v. Bills, GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Expectations for Josh Allen have once again gotten ridiculous. The fumble TD was 100% his fault. I saw him miss a slant to Davis and a crosser to Shakir. Other than that he was making a ton of big plays downfield. It's what the offense is designed to do. Dolphins pass rush played a great game and a few untimely drops for us in the 1st half led to the offense looking more sporadic than it really should have been.

Allen, Diggs, and Davis on offense

Edmunds, Elam, and Johnson on defense

Disagree. Josh had two interceptions and three fumbles. For all the great plays he made he also contributed to keeping MIA in the game. He has to value the ball more!  Plain and simple.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Watched every minute of it. I love Josh but I think he’d even acknowledge he has to value the ball better. He was directly involved in two INTs and three fumbles.

Come on man. A ball that hit his intended WR in the chest and bounced in the air he was "directly involved" with? That's total nonsense. The first interception is a little ambiguous although Tony Romo seemed confident that John Brown was to blame.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He also made some bad ones.  I got yelled at for not revoking his game ball a few weeks back.  That series that was bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran, sack, with 9:00 left in the 4th sealed it for me.

It seems that Daboll was able to rein Josh in some the prior 2 seasons.  Now he seems to be out of control at times.  He’s the opposite of Trent Edwards/Alex Smith.

Without referencing any All22 and just based on what I see on TV replays, there are many plays where it’s like 3rd and 5 and the replay shows somebody was open at the sticks but he threw it 20 or 30 yards down the field.  Sure it’s exciting when he hits those deep shots but there are times he doesn’t when he could’ve made a throw with higher probability of success.

I guess we just have to accept he’s a gun slinger and there will be roses and warts.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Davis

Elam

Milano

Edmunds

Knox

So odd to havec3 defensive guys with agme balls when they give up 24. But they made a bunch of plays. 

Love Milano' but he had a bad missed tackle to give Miami a first where he should have stopped the play cold. To me, he does that too often. I also believe this was not one of his better games. Bills need a tackling 101 remedial course.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I would give Josh a game ball.. just. I don't think the interceptions were on him and, for now, I'll put the awful final couple of series on Dorsey. If we learn differently, and he was making it up himself, then it's revoked.

Davis, Diggs and Singletary get game balls on offense.

Elam, Edmunds and Johnson on defense.

Extra game ball to Dodson as well, if I can name him as part of ST. I dread to think what would have happened if he hadn't recovered the muffed kick return in the third quarter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hemma said:

Basham was relentless.  His best game as a Bill.

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Milano too. Otherwise I think the OP nailed it.

Boogie was on the cusp, as well as Cookie.  I limit myself to three O and three D so that there's room for discussion.  No fun if I take all the selections.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

17 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Allen, Diggs, Davis

Edmunds, Elam, Oliver

To anyone saying we won in spite of Josh....suck it

It's people like you what cause unrest.  Posters like you drag down this board and make it a lot less fun for the rest of us that come here to discuss the Bills and football.  Instead of stating your position, you resort to ad hominem attacks.  I revoked Josh's automatic game ball because he threw 2 INT's (I get it, the apologists are blaming the receivers) and put the ball on the carpet no less than three times.  Luckily one fumble went OB and we recovered another.  Unfortunately, the Fish got a fumble 6 on the third to take the lead and in total, Josh's turnovers led to 18 points for the Fish.  Josh played two good quarters, 1st and 4th, and two horrendous quarters, 2nd and 3rd. 

I had more than enough justification to revoke his game ball.  You wanna disagree, fine.  But take your ad hominem attacks somewhere else, they're not welcome here.  As Marvcus Levy once said, "We can disagree without being disagreeable".   

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Did you watch the game or the stat sheet?

The money ball/analytics era has made people obsessed with perfection in sports. You can throw a couple picks, make a bunch of spectacular plays to win the game, yet people fixate on the interceptions. I’m all about wins. I’ll be concerned with interceptions when the team starts losing. Josh has shown time and time again that he can overcome mistakes. Obviously fewer mistakes are better, but his talent is worth the journey. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's people like you what cause unrest.  Posters like you drag down this board and make it a lot less fun for the rest of us that come here to discuss the Bills and football.  Instead of stating your position, you resort to ad hominem attacks.  I revoked Josh's automatic game ball because he threw 2 INT's (I get it, the apologists are blaming the receivers) and put the ball on the carpet no less than three times.  Luckily one fumble went OB and we recovered another.  Unfortunately, the Fish got a fumble 6 on the third to take the lead and in total, Josh's turnovers led to 18 points for the Fish.  Josh played two good quarters, 1st and 4th, and two horrendous quarters, 2nd and 3rd. 

I had more than enough justification to revoke his game ball.  You wanna disagree, fine.  But take your ad hominem attacks somewhere else, they're not welcome here.  As Marvcus Levy once said, "We can disagree without being disagreeable".   

Dude, I can't tell you how off base you are with this. Chill out. I don't think you even know what as hominem is because you just did it to me and I personally attacked no one. Over and out! Done.

• Haha (+1) 1

If I had to pick one?

Kaiir.

Made the interception that stopped the bleeding and let us re-take the lead. Made the game sealing stop on 4th and 6.

Rookie earned his stripes yesterday. If he's healthy, I want to see him in the starting lineup going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Come on man. A ball that hit his intended WR in the chest and bounced in the air he was "directly involved" with? That's total nonsense. The first interception is a little ambiguous although Tony Romo seemed confident that John Brown was to blame.

I agree I think the first was just a miscommunication with Brown it happens. The second literally hit Cole in the hands as the DB knocked it in the air on a bang bang play. If Cole cameback a little bit more for the ball that probably doesn’t happen. 
The strip sack the guy literally ran free and he’s lucky cause it is Josh that Allen wasn’t knocked out of the game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Dude, I can't tell you how off base you are with this. Chill out. I don't think you even know what as hominem is because you just did it to me and I personally attacked no one. Over and out! Done.

LOL, telling me to "suck it" is not ad hominem.  OK....

Edited by Freddie's Dead

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.