1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Dr Divit said:

Looking forward to mcdumass being out coached by mcdaniel for next 5 yrs. 

If the Dolphins get a QB , they will own us

McDaniel trying to throw backed up way in his own end zone on third down with a third string qb might’ve been the worst coaching decision of the year. Just edges out McDaniel trying to force throws in the red zone the last time they played us 

he’s just not a very good coach…I don’t understand they hype at all.  This dolphins team was stacked and they put their qb in harms way far too many times and he could not figure out his defense that is loaded with playmakers for 17 weeks 

mcdaniel is going to be ok / not great and replaced by Sean Payton in a couple years imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

That was not on Beasley. 

Truth.

Every offense has to adjust to how they are not calling DPIs, there have been plenty of intances the past few weeks of defenders knocking receivers off their routes before the ball gets there and reeling in the INTs - no call.

If they are not calling the physical stuff then receivers shouldn't worry about pushing off to create separation and using their hands too.

We just have to adjust on both sides of the ball to how they are calling these games... whining about how those calls used to go wont help.

2 hours ago, Process said:

This is an absolutely wild play call on 3rd and 1, not in a good way. Allen and shakir saved it with a hell of a throw and catch. 

Watch Dawson Knox get chucked like 6 yards back towards the line of scrimmage and that is a little hint of why we were seeing deeper routes lol the receivers in the middle of the field were getting absolutely mugged all game long.  

that was a legal play but many were not 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also I'm sure there was something about family in there too.

Of course a win is a win, but even the ever upbeat McD said in his locker room speech, "We need to take some valuable lessons away from this game here. We can't expect to do that again and get a win out of it. Each week is going to be harder and harder..."

That is all I am asking from this team, take the win, but clean up the things you can, don't do things to beat yourself, then see how our boys stack up to the best in the league. We have a great team and I want this season for them... there is a lot of skill on this team too, our 1st year players Cook/Shakir/Elam starting to come on, the next few games would be an awesome time for it all to come together.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Of course a win is a win, but even the ever upbeat McD said in his locker room speech, "We need to take some valuable lessons away from this game here. We can't expect to do that again and get a win out of it. Each week is going to be harder and harder..."

That is all I am asking from this team, take the win, but clean up the things you can, don't do things to beat yourself, then see how our boys stack up to the best in the league. We have a great team and I want this season for them... there is a lot of skill on this team too, our 1st year players Cook/Shakir/Elam starting to come on, the next few games would be an awesome time for it all to come together.

These Bills rise to the occasion, especially as they’ve grown mentally tougher and more resilient with more big game experience. I’m expecting a much more focused effort but going forward, the margin of error thins each week.

Edited by Punch
  • Agree 1

This team wins gritty

We put up 34 points playing sloppy home-run ball

IF they put it together and play a clean game on offense, we are going to the Super Bowl and will win it

That’s a big if though, but the potential is there and we get to play another week to see if they can find it

On to Cincinnati 

We got the Win. Eff it. Move on.

Our next game vs. Bengals will be different. Josh Allen is not fumbling the ball 3 times. He might just fumble it once, but not for loss. He's not going to throw 3 INTs either. I think just 1 INT. That's it.

I think this will be a low scoring game. It's going to be long and drawn out. Game will be filled with long sustaining drives to eat clock.

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You've been bashing Allen all over 2BD.  Of course he and the rest of the team need to play better to win a Super Bowl.  What we're arguing about is how well Allen played today. 

Your right. I shouldn’t have an opinion. Josh played lights out today!! Go Bills

So reading through all of this, someone correct me if I’m missing any of these amazing takes 

McDermott sucks and should be fired

Josh has been bad since week 6

We need a new RT, LT, LG

Groot should be benched for AJE

Dorsey should be fired (well ok, something needs to be done there)

listen I get it. It was an ugly game. We fell apart, but a couple of very important things to remember. 

playoff games, nothing matters except your score being higher than the other teams at the end. Done. 

We came out healthy

ugly wins are still wins. On to Cincinnati. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.