1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Wonder what that nerd McDaniel was saying to McDermott after the game.  They seemed to speak a while.   Maybe I'm wrong but seemed that way. 

It was McDaniels talking and McD being like when you're at a party and someone comes up to you and engages you in a conversation you just want to get away from

In seriousness I assume McDaniels was offering his best wishes / support after the Damar situation 

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

One of the weirdest games! 

1) If Knox, Shakir, Diggs, and Beasley cleanly catch those first half balls, this could have been a 35-3 game.

2) if waddle doesn’t drop the early ball, Chubb strip sack recovered by Miami, Hines muff recovered by Miami, Miami could have won this game by 14 points. 

Just lots of wonky, fluke stuff. I am not going to read too much into it. It’s clear the Bills need to execute better and be more careful with the ball, which I think they are capable of. 

There was certainly wonky stuff. Difference  is Bills outgained Miami by 200 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So it’s Beasley fault cause he’s not bigger? How about the CB made a great play on the ball?

How about the corner back committed pass interference that wasn't called.

And no it's not Beasley's fault he's small that would be the fault of Bills management who have been unable to put bigger WR's on the field.  You know guys like Hodgins whose lighting it up for the Giants.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Any word on elam injury?

Not sure, but they were working his foot around and he was pounding fluids so cramping maybe???

We will see, but hopefully nothing serious because things seem like they are starting to click for the kid.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Wyobills89 said:

I didn't get to watch the whole game. Key point I remember was being up 17-0 then bass kicks it out of bounds and that seemed to really give miami life. Lots of Bills mistakes, we literally are our own worse enemy. A lot of division games this weekend. I think we will get some things cleaned up. Goal accomplished this week, maybe not how us fans wanted it, but to the team they got it done.

That was awful. Its a stupid reward of 15 yards for kicking the ball out of bounds but it is what it is. McD and special teams coach getting too cute. Just kick it out of endzone every time. I would willingly sacrifice 5 -10 yards of possible field position for no chance of giving up a TD return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And no it's not Beasley's fault he's small that would be the fault of Bills management who have been unable to put bigger WR's on the field.  You know guys like Hodgins whose lighting it up for the Giants.

My god… nobody on the bills staff is worried about what happened on that play. If the ball goes straight to the ground great. But it didn’t. The timing was fine. If there was someone wide open earlier in JAs progression then fine. JA needs to make a better read, but the play on Beasley could have happened to Hodgins as well. Let’s agree to disagree 

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Dolphins were holding all game…the nfl not throwing any flags in the playoffs really syncs up with them jamming all our receivers in the middle of the field and single coverin the outside routes 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It was McDaniels talking and McD being like when you're at a party and someone comes up to you and engages you in a conversation you just want to get away from

In seriousness I assume McDaniels was offering his best wishes / support after the Damar situation 

I hope it was the latter, but McDermott didn’t seem as appreciative as you’d think he would be if it was.  The look on his face was more like, “yeah, can you shut up? I have another game next week.”

• Like (+1) 1

I know ppl are disappointed with the performance but that's a Divisional opponent we saw for the 3rd time. We won. Bottom line.

On to our 3rd straight Divisional gm. 

Before that we'd be talking draft right now. 

Enjoy the ride. Our boys ain't going down vs anybody without a strong fight

Go Bills

Go Ravens 

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Looked like Dawkins got his bell ring good he had to take a seat.   Surprised he did not go to the tent.  Missed a play and back in.    Has that been discussed?

In those cases we need to send our players to the magical Dolphins tent where brains are rehabbed over commercial breaks.

In all seriousness, I thought he got his bell rung with that hit to the side of the helmet, but they were working on his abdomen.

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

That was awful. Its a stupid reward of 15 yards for kicking the ball out of bounds but it is what it is. McD and special teams coach getting too cute. Just kick it out of endzone every time. I would willingly sacrifice 5 -10 yards of possible field position for no chance of giving up a TD return.

Bass shanked it. It wasn’t by design. 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

I hope it was the latter, but McDermott didn’t seem as appreciative as you’d think he would be if it was.  The look on his face was more like, “yeah, can you shut up? I have another game next week.”

It's bad for me to think but as it went on I almost felt like McDaniels was kinda playing for the cameras and McD was prob thinking theres a time and place for this and this is not it.  Not to mention McD trying to decipher McDaniels likely word salad convo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

He had helmet to helmet contact but while he was on sidelines he pointed to chest / gut that’s why he dropped it looked like he lost his breathe. He wasn’t stumbling 

I actually thought he was trying to trick a neurologist into leaving him alone so he could get back out there

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

It's bad for me to think but as it went on I almost felt like McDaniels was kinda playing for the cameras and McD was prob thinking theres a time and place for this and this is not it.  Not to mention McD trying to decipher McDaniels likely word salad convo

word salad is right. McDermott probably had no idea what he said.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

word salad is right. McDermott probably had no idea what he said.

Telling him how much he cares about Tua as a person

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Baba Booey said:

I don’t see it as glass half empty, it’s just realization that we may not be as good as we thought we were. 

14-3.

Outside of your style points, what is your issue?

1 hour ago, TheCockSportif said:

I think that with sky-high expectations you get an equal and opposite response to team performance, even with a win, when the game had tons of ugliness and warts.

You may be right. 

Many teams in various sports have won it all while winning ugly. 

1 hour ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Endless Pollyanna takes are always fun and informative🥱. IMO I’d rather know what fans are actually thinking & read fair critiques and honest assessments.

Enjoy living under your dark cloud.

If that is your happy place, enjoy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.