1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’M NOT WELL

At one of the excruciating points in the game my Dad (who is 88 and has about 8 stents in his arteries) texted "I don't feel too good right now" and at first it was like yeah this game sucks, then there was a second the thought came - wait is he not talking about the game and literally not well??  (he's fine)

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Seriously... now Dawkins needs to be replaced?   

This place is miserable after a win!  Jeeze

I know.   It sad how some people are always the glass is half empty.

This board is not as enjoyable as it used to be.

What happened?

Edited by longtimebillsfan

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

It is not unreasonable when your defense has given up a long time-consuming drive that ended in a score to NOT have your offense go out and pitch a 3 and out of low percentage passes that puts them right back on the field.

Dorsey has just shown too often this season a lack of situational awareness that he needs to correct.

It's not about taking shots against cover 0, it's about taking them at the right time.

There is value in slowing things down and trying to work the sticks at certain points in a game.

I don’t disagree about knowing the game situation and how important it is to manage a possession. But whenever Josh sees Cover-0, he has the green light and he has for several seasons now, even under Daboll. I’d bet that Dorsey got in his ear after that one series. But Allen is gonna take his kill shots if he sees the opportunity. That’s also about trusting his defense as well. All that said, Josh needs to know when to rein it in at times. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

What happened?

I don’t see it as glass half empty, it’s just realization that we may not be as good as we thought we were. 

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

If we’d just gotten done beating Cinci or KC in a nail biter like this one, I think I’d be feeling much better about it; cruising at the beginning didn’t prepare me for what was to come against the “injury riddled” phins…that said, we move on and still have a chance to clean some things up. 

Are we not "injury riddled" as well? Von Miller, Micah Hyde, Damar Hamlin, Ike Boettger, Jordan Phillips, Isaiah Mckenzie?

I mean 2 of our WR's were retired through the first 3/4 of the season. 

Anyone who thought Buffalo was going to walk away with this game haven't been paying attention. I live in south FL and all week long fin fans have been saying how the Bills were going to blow them out and I'm just like, "easy tiger" ... while that sounds wonderful, it just isn't likely. 

This game was super frustrating, but we are on to the next game. 

Edited by LVGrown
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t disagree about knowing the game situation and how important it is to manage a possession. But whenever Josh sees Cover-0, he has the green light and he has for several seasons now, even under Daboll. I’d bet that Dorsey got in his ear after that one series. But Allen is gonna take his kill shots if he sees the opportunity. That’s also about trusting his defense as well. All that said, Josh needs to know when to rein it in at times. 

And that first shot to Davis was almost complete for a huge gain.

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

What happened?

I think that with sky-high expectations you get an equal and opposite response to team performance, even with a win, when the game had tons of ugliness and warts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Baba Booey said:

I don’t see it as glass half empty, it’s just realization that we may not be as good as we thought we were. 

We’ve won 14 games.  We’re in the Divisional round.  How much better do you want them to be?  

its the NFL playoffs... there are no easy wins, despite what we may hope or expect. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I assume the conference divisional round games will be played on the same day, so the AFC games will take place on Saturday or Sunday and the NFC games will take the one not chosen.

Next week is currently set up as follows:

Bengals or Jaguars at Bills

Jaguars or Ravens at Chiefs

Buccaneers or Cowboys at 49ers

Giants at Eagles

Although Bengals at Bills would be attractive to neutrals, I sense the broadcasters would prefer to have the NFC games on Sunday. I’m now guessing that, should the Bengals win tonight, the Arrowhead game will be Saturday late afternoon with the Orchard Park contest following in primetime. If the Jaguars win, I think it’ll be the other way around. 

For the NFC, whatever the result tomorrow, the game at San Francisco will be on Sunday night, following the match up at Philadelphia.

Then again, I was very wrong about the wildcard schedule!

Edited by UKBillFan

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

How do you figure?  The ball bounced off Beasley's hands/chest for the INT.

Put the beer down. First of all, the defender hit him before the ball got there. Second, the ball then ricocheted off Beasley right to a totally uninvolved defender. It’s not like Beasley volleyball set it up in the air. Sheeesh 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That was not on Beasley. 

I agree.  The throw was a bit of a risk, and the uncalled DPI (even the room of Pats' fans I watched the game with today agreed that it was a huge DPI) was abhorrent.  If Beas was untouched, at least I think he would've gotten his hands on the pass.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dan said:

We’ve won 14 games.  We’re in the Divisional round.  How much better do you want them to be?  

its the NFL playoffs... there are no easy wins, despite what we may hope or expect. 

Today really should have been an easy win. With the next few teams we will face, will decide how good we are. KC and Cincy aren’t the Dolphins with a rookie third string QB. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.