1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Singletary had the run of the game to seal it!  Just incredible effort. 

I don’t have a huge problem with all the bombs, although I do wish they’d work in more short outs (ala Beasely’s TD).  But the one thing, above all else, I wish Josh would clean up... just take the sack.  Live to play the next down, especially with his arm!  

The D still gives up entirely too many 3rd and really longs!  I’d honestly rather see a 3rd and 3 over a 3rd and 19.  

The refs were horrible.  I know the delay of game is usually not called after a second.. but several snaps were more like 2-3 seconds (it seemed). 

We won.  Ultimately thats all that matters.   Style points, almost misses, got lucky.  Who cares?  I’d rather be in the Bills’ position right now than the Dolphins’.  

Went right into the celebration Scotch, and needed it!   Let’s hope they reset, get Phillips back, and clean it up next week!

Go Bills!

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Not sure if it's mentioned in another thread or not. I'm not a real good Xs and Os guy. Was it me or did the Bills switch off Tre on Hill and insert Elam?

Elam looked pretty good out there today. 

Elam excels in man, but it’s a mostly zone system which is why i suspect you’ll Dane Jackson get the majority of snaps vs Cinncy.

Though if 27 is back to his old explosiveness (he might be) then it’s not the worst idea to go full man +
blitz with Tre, Elam and Taron Johnson out of the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

You might want to look at who those teams actually were during that run… it gets a lot tougher from here on out. 

Mahomes Burrow Lawrence etc… aren’t this 3 rd string rookie chump  we faced & struggled against today.

jeez - why should I even bother watching next weekend??

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, appoo said:

Elam excels in man, but it’s a mostly zone system which is why i suspect you’ll Dane Jackson get the majority of snaps vs Cinncy.

Though if 27 is back to his old explosiveness (he might be) then it’s not the worst idea to go full man +
blitz with Tre, Elam and Taron Johnson out of the slot. 

Tre looked awkward on the sideline when he had to turn to the right.  Had a near fight w the official after that play.  It had to be injury related.  If Cinci picks up on that, watch out.  Play the routes so Tre has to go that way and it won't be pretty.

8 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

I noticed that too. He was a beast today. I don’t remember him being this consistently good in the game. 

He's a really good guy too - came back to wake for a 6th year (I think, it may have been a 5th) to finish unfinshed business.  Walker III is also a great kid - was in one of my son's classes- I desperately wanted walker III in the draft

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That’s why the guy wants Dorsey fired.   Totally reasonable.   Dorsey also took 7 sacks

Maybe we should fire Josh instead? Should get a few first rounders for him at the moment, despite his deficiencies.

(To confirm, I'm being sarcastic)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.