1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, appoo said:

Yea agreed without those Turnovers this just isn’t a game.

But the Bills do struggle woth protection, and long term if you struggle with that, you turn the ball over 

For sure. The Bills haven't played a clean game in too long, as long as they keep winning imo it doesn't matter. The Bills are a gritty win at any cost team and it has shown through the current win streak. Anyone who thinks the Bills are an 'easy out' or will be a walk in the park are frankly idiots. They will be in the game with a chance to win until the very end regardless of circumstance. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why hasn't Elam been given more playing time?? 

Scheme before talent. Despite the fact that many defenses are running a combination man and zone at the same time.. they put the scheme over talent which to me is a bellwether of a coaching staff that has has been passed by and doesn't adapt well anymore. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

This game means nothing next week , whether you win by 3 or 23. This game was close due to turnovers and short fields that resulted  Dorsey needs to give Josh some outlets to hit quickly underneath vs blitzes, I’m not sure either of Allen’s INTs were on him, have to take another look. 

I actually think it will HELP us, which probably sounds weird.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's the consecutive deep shots that get us behind the sticks that bothers me. We need to go into dink and dunk mode sometimes.

What happened to the slants to Diggs early on that worked.  I mentioned this earlier in the game thread but there were a couple times cbs showed the play from behind. I was not impressed in that either our guys couldn’t get open within five yards or there was nothing really special designed to get guys open. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

19 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

I was seeing the game clock on TV, which may not have been in sync... but to my eye, they were snapping the ball one or two seconds after it reached zero... consistently.  They were breaking the huddle with 10-12 seconds on the clock and still getting the snap off.  Maddening to this viewer's eyes.

I wouldn’t have been opposed telling the refs “when my guys see zeros they are firing off the ball. Make the call” if it was getting too far out of hand. 

that said, I suspect it felt worse to us than it was 

also how was that possibly such an issue all day? Just catastrophic. Let the kid get to the line and get his read in unrushed. Coaches failing him on the timing many times 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This game means nothing next week , whether you win by 3 or 23. This game was close due to turnovers and short fields that resulted  Dorsey needs to give Josh some outlets to hit quickly underneath vs blitzes, I’m not sure either of Allen’s INTs were on him, have to take another look. 

Bills unneeded arrogance almost bit then in the ass today.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Every team is now going to blitz the living ***** out to the bills.

No.  

This is what the Dolphins do.  They just dialed it up more.  Teams just don’t change their stripes.  Plus they all know you just can’t count on turnovers and from here on out - we won’t be seeing Skylar Thompson.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

Ok, originally I thought the 3rd string QB was the source of the Dolphins play clock woes lol....it was the THC😁

https://dailysnark.com/2023/01/15/mike-mcdaniel-spotted-vaping-on-dolphins-sideline-while-calling-plays-during-playoff-game/

Don’t know about the vaping but it Skylar wasn’t the issue with the delays. McDaniel was late getting the plays in. 

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why hasn't Elam been given more playing time?? 

I think the coaching staff believes Jackson is better depending on the coverage... whether it's zone or man.

I think Elam is better either way, but they obviously feel differently.

1 minute ago, appoo said:

The game plan would be interesting to look at. They knew the Phins were gonna bring heavy pressure.

Josh has been happy to play the check down game prior to this. I’m just not sure it was in the game plan today

I would have to go back and watch games, but it feels like Allen has been relentlessly unwilling to get into a rhythm underneath compared to the end of last season. 

This just feels like 2021/2022 Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Can't run or just don't run?  I mean we get stuffed once in a while but we just don't have any commitment to the running game.

Agree with this. Last year I would have said “can’t”. This year I think it’s won’t 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.