1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Do we win that game with Tua playing?

IDK

Who cares. Simulate it on Madden, if you want if you want to talk yourself into feeling terrible. 

There aren’t extra byes awarded for winning by 30.  We are in the exact same spot as last year, except with a home game.  Onward.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll talk positive takeaways for me (because I’m running low on my meds):  

Elam’s play today gives me hope;

I actually noticed Edmunds in more positive ways than I can recall;

Shakir flashed good and bad might be a keeper (though he hasn’t had many chances);

We tackled players; and

We get to play another game!!!!

Edited by biggerdaddynj
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Unless he told Allen/WRs to intentionally throw INTs and fumble then I have an issue with this.

My only real critique is being so aggressive with the lead in the 4th Q. I don’t know if that was in the game plan or an adjustment to the heavy pressure Miami was bringing, but I would have rather Motor/Cook see if they can get 8 yards on first and second, and then on third and short make them easier pick up

He’s the head coach. He has the power to step in if the game isn’t being called the way he would like. That’s  a big part of his job. 

This and his horribly called timeouts…he was an absolute disaster. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

We're in trouble if Cincinnati wins.  Burrow is going to shred this defense.

17 points off of turnovers.

I don’t have a lot of negatives about the defense. The offense did them no favors today. Especially in the second half. 

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, MJS said:

A lot of it comes down to execution from players. Not saying Dorsey is without any blame, but Josh Allen and other players have to take some blame too.

Josh chooses where to throw the ball, you know. He is the one choosing to throw it deep time after time. He needs to take his check downs more often.

Josh had one turnover on him….the fumble. But John Brown and Beasley are responsible for the other two. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why are we throwing 50 yard bombs on 3rd and short. Get this stuff sewn up. But…another playoff win. We went almost 30 years without one not too long ago, not going to complain. Onto the next

Because Josh sees those are plays are there to be made and he has free rein to attempt to make them. Last week he made a couple, this week he missed a couple. That said, there are better times than others to try those plays and 3rd and short at that juncture of the game is just not a good time. Josh needs to be smarter there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

I saw a pregame segment on how Joe Burrow protects the ball so well.  I believe someone at Ohio State worked with him when he was there.  They should start coaching Josh up in that area.

Josh had that ball out there like a loaf of bread while running.  I get he's a strong dude and can palm a basketball, but it makes me nerrrrvous!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Guys got no 8alls on 3rd down. 4 man rush, everyone else in zone. This is why so many 3rd and longs get converted. 

To be clear, it’s not his lack of blitz, it’s the keep everything in front of you defense. Burrow and Mahomes will chew that up. 

Again, mostly dominated the Phins’ O and the stats back that up. 

If you’re talking a lot about bad defense post game, then you’re not taking away the real issue here, which is that Buffalo struggles to handle a quality front. 

Just now, billybob71 said:

And Dorsey needs to stick with the run at times,  especially when Josh needs to settle down

Two drives in the 4th where we're just chucking the ball down the left sideline.

I thought they were showing a replay a couple times but nope.  It was actually just Madden ball play calling.

Just now, Mango said:

17 points off of turnovers.

I don’t have a lot of negatives about the defense. The offense did them no favors today. Especially in the second half. 

McDermott talks about complimentary football and the offense they ran today was the exact opposite of that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tim Tindale said:

Who cares. Simulate it on Madden, if you want if you want to talk yourself into feeling terrible. 

There aren’t extra byes awarded for winning by 30.  We are in the exact same spot as last year, except with a home game.  Onward.

Wait - my kid did simulate it on madden with Tua playing this morning and bills won 35-21. Egregious! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.