1/15/2023 Wildcard Weekend - Dolphins @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Tip of the hat to the Fins. They came to play. Yes the Bills did their damndest to kill themselves with a terrible second quarter and start of third, but the Fins took every advantage. 

D played well overall, with few big plays (and helped by some drops). 

O needs to get their sh!t together, but this game goes to show that they can play badly for half the game and still score 34. Imagine if they played good for a whole game!

anyway, a win is a win. On to next week. Go Bills.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Injuries, a lot of reviews.  Miami took a crap ton of timeouts (I think all three second half TOs) when they were about to get flagged for Delay of Game.

For some reason, the refs really, really, really didn't want to call the Fins for delay of game.  They snapped the ball a full second after the clock showed zero NUMEROUS times.

• Agree 11

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Props to the Fish.  They put up a helluva fight.  Glad we win of course, but we play like that next week we’re toast.

We're not playing a divisional opponent next week.  Before last week I wanted both NE & Miami out since a divisional opponent knows you better and can be your toughest playoff opponent regardless of record.  We fans got complacent after blowing out NE last year and forgot just how tough a team that knows you can make things.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m happy we won but this team and coaches should be embarrassed by letting a beat up Miami team with a 3rd string qb come up and almost beat us…. If our defense don’t get there ***** together asap we’re gonna get smoked next week

Eh I’ve seen some overmatched Bills team give the Brady led Pats some great games over the years…….hell I’ve seen some terrible Miami teams do the same!

• Agree 2

Wasn't there two ill-timed time outs that cost us big time?  On one the (non) play would have made it 3rd and 9 due to the Edmunds stop and they would have likely then just went for the field goal, instead they got the touch down.  The other was on 4th down late, the (non) play ended up a deep incomplete pass, but instead they got the first down on the next play.

4 minutes ago, appoo said:

Josh r needs to be a lot bette than today. So does Ken Dorsey:

With that said Miami has a better front 7 than Cinncy or KC. 

Bills play mostly clean they’ll be in the 30s+ on O

It's funny you say that because they put up 34 today.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Sandhill Mike said:

For some reason, the refs really, really, really didn't want to call the Fins for delay of game.  They snapped the ball a full second after the clock showed zero NUMEROUS times.

On the 4th down they actually did finally throw the flag, the flag didn't come out until there was a zero on the play clock for at least a couple seconds.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.