Dolphins @ Bills - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Trock said:

Not sure what you mean hermano… celebrate losses? Wth are you talking about. 

I said I will take a win ugly over a pretty loss and you posted a Vomit emoji to my post. so what were YOU implying?

4 minutes ago, Trock said:

It’s the annoying Spanglish, hombre. 

block me. Ill even tell you how. Hover your cursor over my name and you will see an Ignore Tab. Click it. 

*BYE*

Edited by muppy

11 minutes ago, White Linen said:

They aren't God awful but the team seems more disjointed than coming together for a super bowl.

Fair enough, I'm in the opinion that they clean up the crappy turnovers, the smoke pick and josh fumble (I consider the Beasley pick more random chance than the others) they win this, and most other games going away. 

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Fair enough, I'm in the opinion that they clean up the crappy turnovers, the smoke pick and josh fumble (I consider the Beasley pick more random chance than the others) they win this, and most other games going away. 

Thats the thing.  They keep committing bone headed mistakes and the coaches doing head scratching things.  It's been going on for too long.  It's an issue and for me it feels like inadequate coaching is the root.  

We are squeaking out wins against inferior teams.  

34 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Thats the thing.  They keep committing bone headed mistakes and the coaches doing head scratching things.  It's been going on for too long.  It's an issue and for me it feels like inadequate coaching is the root.  

We are squeaking out wins against inferior teams.  

I mean you could technically consider most, if not all, teams inferior to the Bills, as even before the season they've been heralded as Superbowl favorites and have finished as the 2* seed in the AFC.

Every team they play against is giving maximum effort to get up for the Bills this season. The mistakes they're making are certainly frustrating but that's on the players moreso than the coaches. It's predominantly execution error rather than play calling that's the main issue. McDermott might not always challenge the plays that you want or call inopportune timeouts, but no coach is perfect.

To say that the coaching is an issue disregards the fact that they've won 13 games this year and were a cancelled game away from the 1 seed which was the  goal for the regular season. Despite all of the adversity they faced.

At this point it's a new season and the Bills are 1-0 playing against a division rival with a ton of bad blood. I'd imagine that the Dolphins know the Bills better than any other team in the league.

There's so many factors that go into each game and every week presents new challenges, and I'm confident that the Bills can weather any storm and will be in a position to win every game they're in

33 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I mean you could technically consider most, if not all, teams inferior to the Bills, as even before the season they've been heralded as Superbowl favorites and have finished as the 2* seed in the AFC.

Every team they play against is giving maximum effort to get up for the Bills this season. The mistakes they're making are certainly frustrating but that's on the players moreso than the coaches. It's predominantly execution error rather than play calling that's the main issue. McDermott might not always challenge the plays that you want or call inopportune timeouts, but no coach is perfect.

To say that the coaching is an issue disregards the fact that they've won 13 games this year and were a cancelled game away from the 1 seed which was the  goal for the regular season. Despite all of the adversity they faced.

At this point it's a new season and the Bills are 1-0 playing against a division rival with a ton of bad blood. I'd imagine that the Dolphins know the Bills better than any other team in the league.

There's so many factors that go into each game and every week presents new challenges, and I'm confident that the Bills can weather any storm and will be in a position to win every game they're in

Watching the Cincy game its clear Burrow isn't as talented as Allen but there's such structure to the play calling.   

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Watching the Cincy game its clear Burrow isn't as talented as Allen but there's such structure to the play calling.   

True. Dorsey certainly doesn't do Allen many favors with the playcalls, a lot of times it's kind of 'go out there and make a play Josh' instead of 'here's an easy 7 yard completion for you'. It would be nice to have a more balanced attack with more runs sprinkled in but I think it's baked into the offensive philosophy of let Josh be Josh. Give him the opportunity to make plays and more often than not, he will.  When you run the ball or have those designed plays to hit a 5 yard out it takes away those opportunities for Josh to make magic happen.

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

True. Dorsey certainly doesn't do Allen many favors with the playcalls, a lot of times it's kind of 'go out there and make a play Josh' instead of 'here's an easy 7 yard completion for you'. It would be nice to have a more balanced attack with more runs sprinkled in but I think it's baked into the offensive philosophy of let Josh be Josh. Give him the opportunity to make plays and more often than not, he will.  When you run the ball or have those designed plays to hit a 5 yard out it takes away those opportunities for Josh to make magic happen.

Depending on magic is no way to go through the playoffs.

• 5 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.