Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

Just now, Big Blitz said:

That HC’s OC is already the OC of the Chargers.  

I’d be much more interested in McVay over Payton.  But, that’s not happening. 

Staley had some good calls last year going for it on 4th down. I think Herbert isn't as good as advertised. He has a bunch of elite weapons around him: Allen, Williams and Ekeler and yet whenever I've watched him I've never seen him make a lot of WOW plays. He seems to be a poor man's Josh Allen

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

In the AFC it's definitely Mahomey, QB1, Home Alone and Fabio. Herbert is becoming very over rated. Maybe Payton can re-boot him?

Lawrence isn’t there yet-I would put him in the same tier as Herbert, but not with those other 3. There’s basically a tier 1 then a tier 3, there’s no tier 2

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

He’s not doing that to Mahomes KC is headed to the AFC title game…again…whether or not the Bills meet them for part 3 we will see 

If anyone knows Andy Reid it is Doug Pederson. Pederson was Reid's backup QB in Philly when McNabb was drafted.

Reid may have to face 2 of his protege/ lineage in the playoffs (Pederson and McDermott)

The tree grows stronger

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

He had 7 touchdowns on 7 drives against your pats in sub artic temperatures.

Does that count for anything?

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s just as well I guess… the Chargers showed who they are; choke artists extraordinaire. They’ve got talent, but if they somehow got a lead vs KC they’d surely find a way to blow it. Maybe Jags have a punchers chance as they have a better HC than Staley. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I was gonna say Jeff George 2.0

It's the Charger uniform for me. And the fact both are excellent regular season QBs, but choke in the playoffs. At least Rivers got upset when he lost in the playoffs.

Herbert is like a mannequin.

As soon as the Chargers couldnt get it done on their last offensive series I knew this was over. Staley if he had any balls or brains should have faked the punt on 4th down and ran the ball. Its not like it would have made any difference if they had failed. By the middle of the 4th, the Chargers D was gassed and Bosa mouthing off to the refs insured that they were not going to get any holding calls or breaks.  It amazes me that these coaches are so useless in the moment.

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Man... assuming no upsets: Bills play the Bengals and the Chiefs get the Jags!? Wow... that 1 seed they were gifted was super important

If bills win and ravens somehow win, Bills get Jags.

I think Bengals win but if Huntley plays, ravens have half a chance

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

That first half by Lawrence, playing at home against an average defense, was beyond terrible.  Allen has never had a half that bad. All credit is due the guy for leading a great comeback but against the Bengals, Bills & Chiefs the game would be over at half if Lawrence throws 4 INT's.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.