Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s amazing that Josh is statistically the best playoff QB ever and people love to question whether he’s a top 3 QB or not. 

Trevor Lawrence throws 4 picks before mounting a comeback in his first playoff game ever and is anointed as being in the same tier as Josh. 

Make it make sense. 

That poster's reaching has gotten out of hand lately. He think he's slick. He was praising Mac Jones last week too until Mac inevitably collapsed like everybody knew he would. He'll worm his way into every thread to highlight the QB of the moment in some weird attempt to tear down Allen.

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not quite.  That comeback that Lawrence engineered was fantastic and he played great showing a lot of grit.  But he did throw 4 INT's in the first half.  You just can't forget that.  I would say that Lawrence is CLOSE to being in that conversation but he's not there yet.

Maybe not there yet, but he got a LOT closer

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s amazing that Josh is statistically the best playoff QB ever and people love to question whether he’s a top 3 QB or not. 

Trevor Lawrence throws 4 picks before mounting a comeback in his first playoff game ever and is anointed as being in the same tier as Josh. 

Make it make sense. 

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jcamm1966 said:

Colin Cowherd

@ColinCowherd

·

9m

Justin Herbert deserves a big time OFFENSIVE coach. Maybe one w experience and that’s had success in playoff football. One that wouldn’t blow a 27-0 lead. One that’s respected and could build an elite staff. Anyone come to mind?

That HC’s OC is already the OC of the Chargers.  

I’d be much more interested in McVay over Payton.  But, that’s not happening. 

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

He did throw 4 picks to get into that mess though but I agree. He is in my top 10 now overall. 

I like Herbert alot but he is looking like Rivers now early on.

with the season on the line, an elite QB doesn't dump the ball off for 7 yards on 3rd and 12.  Can't happen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BLeonard said:

I've always equated it to where a pitcher in baseball follows through with a pitch, even if the umpire calls time before the pitch is thrown.  As I understand it, it's a momentum thing and to stop may cause an injury, whereas simply following through with the pitch (or kick), even if it won't count, is the safer option.

I agree they should stop this practice.  When I've seen it happen you can tell neither the kicker nor the holder were expecting the ref to run out in front of them.  If they keep it up, one of these times a ref is going to get kicked in the face.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think I might put him over Herbert at this point though.  Which, for me, puts him at QB4 in the league behind Allen, Mahomes and Burrow. 

In the AFC it's definitely Mahomey, QB1, Home Alone and Fabio. Herbert is becoming very over rated. Maybe Payton can re-boot him?

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Make it make sense. 

Airseven HATES the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

What year was Allen in when he played awesome in the playoffs? It wasn’t his second and (truly asking) has Allen ever had a half where he absolutely stunk and then came back and was one of the main reasons they win that game?  What Lawrence did was special and shows the kid is mentally tough something rare about that now.

You cant be serious with this question. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

LOL who was it, Chris Simms or Jason Garret who was telling us before the game about how Herbert was the best QB?  I forget all that was said but it was praising how great he was at making his reads and knowing where to go with the ball on time and he was the best passer from the pocket

Herbert is a weird one.

Cause he checks off every box

Then you watch his games and think this guy is “good “, but he just misses that 6th sense.

It is really hard to describe 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Lawrence can make a case for being in that top 5 or 6 qb range now. I don’t want to hear about Herbert anymore dude just flat out doesn’t show up in big games. He did this several times during the regular season and last year. 

In that case Herbert really is the perfect Rivers replacement 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.