Chargers @ Jaguars Playoff Game Thread (i.e. NOT a Bills thread;-)

Simon

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

It’s amazing that Josh is statistically the best playoff QB ever and people love to question whether he’s a top 3 QB or not. 

Trevor Lawrence throws 4 picks before mounting a comeback in his first playoff game ever and is anointed as being in the same tier as Josh. 

Make it make sense. 

Airseven hates Allen read his game posts sometime 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I would say for a 2nd year player to come out in the 2nd half and play that well after pretty much having the wheels fall off in the first half is special! The kids only going get better and smarter as he goes on..I mean that’s some mental toughness right there!

I don't disagree.  But that first half was so terrible, and at home against an average defense, that I wouldn't even consider putting Lawrence up there with Mahomes, Allen & Burrow.  Could he get there? Yes but IMO he's not there yet.

• Agree 1

Colin Cowherd

@ColinCowherd

·

9m

Justin Herbert deserves a big time OFFENSIVE coach. Maybe one w experience and that’s had success in playoff football. One that wouldn’t blow a 27-0 lead. One that’s respected and could build an elite staff. Anyone come to mind?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I saw the same thing in a recent game, coach calls a TO to ice the kicker, ref runs out in front of the holder to make sure the "practice" kick can't get off.  Have never seen that in prior years.  Not sure it matters much really.

I've always equated it to where a pitcher in baseball follows through with a pitch, even if the umpire calls time before the pitch is thrown.  As I understand it, it's a momentum thing and to stop may cause an injury, whereas simply following through with the pitch (or kick), even if it won't count, is the safer option.

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s amazing that Josh is statistically the best playoff QB ever and people love to question whether he’s a top 3 QB or not. 

Trevor Lawrence throws 4 picks before mounting a comeback in his first playoff game ever and is anointed as being in the same tier as Josh. 

Make it make sense. 

Consider who you quoted...anything but a Bills fan that one

• Agree 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Make it make sense. 

This ^^^^. Josh Allen is the GOAT of playoff football. I would wager all my $ on odds Josh throws 10 TDs tomorrow vs a 4 pick game. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Make it make sense. 

Ya there’s no way Lawrence is in the same tier as Josh lol. Yet at least

Tier 1: Josh, Mahomes, Burrow

Then big drop off after that 

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Lawrence can make a case for being in that top 5 or 6 qb range now. I don’t want to hear about Herbert anymore dude just flat out doesn’t show up in big games. He did this several times during the regular season and last year. 

He did throw 4 picks to get into that mess though but I agree. He is in my top 10 now overall. 

I like Herbert alot but he is looking like Rivers now early on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I think I might put him over Herbert at this point though.  Which, for me, puts him at QB4 in the league behind Allen, Mahomes and Burrow. 

LOL who was it, Chris Simms or Jason Garret who was telling us before the game about how Herbert was the best QB?  I forget all that was said but it was praising how great he was at making his reads and knowing where to go with the ball on time and he was the best passer from the pocket

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.