They (Those Mean Old Democrats) Are Coming For Our Gas Stoves!!

Tiberius

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

While I’m a big fan of new technologies, I’m opposed to them being mandated by the government. Nobody had to mandate the microwave oven for the free market to work its magic and now pretty much everyone has one in their kitchen. 

Oh yeah I’m no fan of big brother. I was thinking about converting fireplace to gas until considering heat is gas and it’s good to diversify 

The problem for some like me with house wiring from the late 1800's is little room to add more electrical appliances. The price to switch stove, furnace, hot water heater , dryer , space heater in basement is huge. 

How could I forget a expensive electric car . I don't know where this massive amount of more electricity is going to come from and if the present grid can handle it. If everyone has to add solar panels another big expense.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 2

TRUTH.

GettyImages-1456044022-scaled.jpg?auto=f

Never mind that a member of a federal agency empowered to regulate kitchen appliances had just said, out loud, that a gas-stove ban was on the table, and that less than one month ago, Sen. Cory Booker and Rep. Don Beyer sent a letter to the CPSC highlighting the “cumulative burden” that gas-stove emissions putatively impose on “Black, Latino, and low-income households.” The story wasn’t the proposed ban, which would have outlawed an appliance owned by tens of thousands of Americans, but the fact that conservatives didn’t like it.

The media reaction was another example of an oft-deployed trope: progressives aren’t “waging a culture war” when they try to chemically castrate schoolchildren, deny life-saving medical care to abortion survivors, or ban popular kitchen appliances. Conservatives are “waging a culture war,” however, when they notice, and declare their intention to do something about it.

On January 9, Bloomberg News reported that Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. of the Consumer Product Safety Commission would consider banning gas stoves if supposed health risks associated with their use could not be remedied.

Nearly four in ten American households own gas stoves, and many of them like their stoves. So, they and their elected representatives noted their displeasure. The widespread outrage prompted the media to claim that conservatives were having a "freakout," starting a "culture war," "pushing a narrative," and feeding the "far-right perpetual outrage machine" over the prospective ban.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/republicans-pounce-on-proposed-gas-stove-ban/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, nedboy7 said:

She should consider what is actually in her food.  She would ban her kid from eating. 

So true these supposed book learned highly intelligent college graduates spew all these things about gas but the things such as Teflon, Stain Guard, Round up, preservatives, BPA, MSG, and all the rest of the crap they allow is okay but gas being 98% efficient to use is VOODOO - OMG !!

I guess in order to supposedly get that smart part of the contract to go to college is that you have to leave your common sense at the door not to mention they had been burning things since the beginning of time for heat & to cook but brilliance over comes all logic !! 

If they could only see what is right in front of their faces and worry about the things that they should be truly worried about but with them it's 

SQUIRREL 😆 !!! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/15/2023 at 10:12 AM, BillStime said:

🎯

If Nashishereforit uterus is putting out gases that you can't or don't want to breath she has a much bigger problem on her hands !

See i'm coming around i'm trying to reply like Tibs or you do BT .

On 1/16/2023 at 7:04 PM, ALF said:

\If everyone has to add solar panels another big expense.

And how will they work under 50 " of snowands will they collapse under that snow?

Edited by Wacka