Will Kliff ever return?

Draconator

I mean, Thailand is nice this time of year  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Or could it be something else that's drawing him there? The food perhaps

• He's gonna stay in Thailand, change his nationality, and stuff.
    • Jerry Jones is gonna fire McCarthy, and make an offer to Kliff too good to pass up, and lure him back stateside

it's a long grind for head coaches.....crazy hours...stress

he needs and can afford to take time off.....could be 2 weeks or 2 months.....everyone is different (hence the one way ticket)

it's fair to let teams know he has no interest in being an OC (hard to rest when you need the courtesy to return calls)

he's there with his girlfriend....i don't see the big deal.....who cares why he picked that location

accepting any new job probably doesn't help him financially anyways as there is a clawback clause in his contract with AZ

Edited by papazoid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This is his GF.

https://www.instagram.com/veronicabielik/

I know you did not comment only highlight, but I dunno, maybe it is me but unless she has been active on social media about his firing and need to get away, why are we looping her in here?

Now if she has, ok I guess.  But, I can imagine some on this forum will make juvenile, middle grade-esque comments about her, but I feel she is not really part of this thread?  Or am I missing something?

Surely Bills fans will be better, right?  Ok, I am not holding my breath either.

4 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

I know you did not comment only highlight, but I dunno, maybe it is me but unless she has been active on social media about his firing and need to get away, why are we looping her in here?

Now if she has, ok I guess.  But, I can imagine some on this forum will make juvenile, middle grade-esque comments about her, but I feel she is not really part of this thread?  Or am I missing something?

Surely Bills fans will be better, right?  Ok, I am not holding my breath either.

he went with her apparently, which makes the “sex trip” jokes/optics of the trip irrelevant/better.  

I think he has run off a cliff…,

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

How so?

I guess my experience of Thailand was mostly at the resort, but I found the place to be absolutely stunning.  I’ve been to many islands in the Caribbean, but Thailand was completely different in terms of being “tropical.”  I can’t explain it.  The food was amazing.  The Thai people we did encounter (on and off resort) were incredibly friendly.  Also, my folks paid for the trip as a wedding gift for us, but most things seemed to be relatively inexpensive.  Beautiful culture and an even more beautiful scenery.

Someone’s experience may differ if they spent a lot of time in the cities or if they completely immersed themselves in the culture…I don’t know.

• Like (+1) 1

Just read a story, that most all contracts contain a clause stating that fired coaches are required to some level to look for another job.   Never knew that!  It may be one of these things owners don't enforce  as gives the ma bad look?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kliff-kingsbury-s-lack-of-interest-in-other-jobs-could-jeopardize-his-buyout/ar-AA16mR2E?cvid=a8e0dee89d3f49758f78a4ebcdbaf5c3

On 1/14/2023 at 3:23 PM, Draconator said:

a former coworker of mine who has retired is there. Maybe he’s going to see him.

when I worked with him his wife was Thai and he had a second home there.  Every year he’d take 2 weeks off and travel there.

Klingsburied is still going to get paid on his contract so no rush to sit out for a year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.