Lost a Great Bills Fan - UPDATE GFM link

DaggersEOD

I’ve been dreading this Look At My Sister Please LA(MS)P post for a couple days but I feel I must. 

We lost a HUGE Bills fan last week, my little Sister, unexpectedly, right before the game last week. Her Kids, Her Family and the Buffalo Bills (in that order) were her life. As a proud member of the Bills Mafia, she made sure my kids were fully dressed in Bills gear from their 1st B-Day until their most recent one. She was the glue that kept our family together and now she’s up there watching us. 

While most fans associated the opening Hines KO return for a TD with Hamlin, for us we were all screaming her name (Rachel) with bittersweet tears in our eyes. The 2nd TD return was no less emotional. 

Love you Rachel and LFG BUFFALO 🖤

5FFE58E3-C53A-415F-BB41-20466486319E.jpeg

Just Added link to small fam fundraiser:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-rachels-family-after-a-tragic-loss?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Edited by DaggersEOD
Trying to add pic…added link
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 102
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 12

9 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I’ve been dreading this Look At My Sister Please LA(MS)P post for a couple days but I feel I must. 

We lost a HUGE Bills fan last week, my little Sister, unexpectedly, right before the game last week. Her Kids, Her Family and the Buffalo Bills (in that order) were her life. As a proud member of the Bills Mafia, she made sure my kids were fully dressed in Bills gear from their 1st B-Day until their most recent one. She was the glue that kept our family together and now she’s up there watching us. 

While most fans associated the opening Hines KO return for a TD with Hamlin, for us we were all screaming her name (Rachel) with bittersweet tears in our eyes. The 2nd TD return was no less emotional. 

Love you Rachel and LFG BUFFALO 🖤

Sorry for your loss.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m really sorry for your loss.  Its tragic.   I’m welling up, because I’ve had similar thoughts during Bills games, especially recently.

For so many of us, the Bills truly are more than a football team. They represent our family.  They truly need to win it all ..soon.  Because there’s a lot of us with life long Bills fan, family members that may not be able to say there’s always next season.   For alot of us the number of next seasons is dwindling.  

I wish you and your family wellnes and peace Daggers...   and to all our friends here, may we all rejoice soon after a lifetime of hoping.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This has been such an emotional year for the team, community and fans. Some of my friends having jokingly said I love the Bills more than my family. Nothing could be further from the truth. My prayers and condolences go out to your entire family.  The passion your sister had for her Bills was only exceeded by the love I'm sure she had for her family. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.