Go Bills! It's a thing....

Freddie's Dead

18 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Down here in SWFL, rarely a day goes by I wear my Bill's gear out and don't hear a "Go Bills!", my kids laugh every time it happens so often. Been that way for over 15 years...I see way more Bills things down here than any other team including Miami and Tampa.

No doubt. I lived in Fort Myers for 6 years. Place was crawling with Bills fans. Even at my job down there I worked with 2 Bills fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Perhaps, but what the op states well-precedes the Hamlin event. 

Ya I'm in Jersey and been doing and experiencing this whenever I have Bills gear on since like 08

But I def believe many ppl are on the bandwagon 

Just ask them to name 2 QBs in between Allen and Kelly 

Edited by JerseyBills

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I do agree with you to an extent.

I think some of the Mahomes hate is because he's in so many commercials.  Mahomes overload.  His idiot, punk brother certainly didn't help him, either.

I also think the Chiefs are a pretty scummy organization and that hurts them.

The Bills aren't scummy.  Josh isn't in everyone's face at every commercial break during football season.  And they've never won a Super Bowl.

But yeah ... there will be some haters if the Bills win it this year, for sure.

Mahomes...commericals...by far and away those State Farm insurance commercials featuring him (rodgers before and now Andy Reid) are so lame, stupid, boring

have same theme that has been repeated for years are the worst part of watching NFL national games.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Every year, fans of teams who did not make the playoffs adopt teams that did.  The Bills are a likeable team.  Every year since the Bills became a perennial playoff team, I've had fans of other teams quickly stop me and say, "my Jets are out of it, so I hope the Bills go all the way."  I've heard that sentiment from multiple other teams' fans over the past few years.

A lot of it was people being sick of the Patriots dynasty.

But as the Bills have become more of a national game mainstay, more and more people are liking them, even if they're not fans, per se.

A lot of it is Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.

This was happening way before the Hamlin incident.

The Bills are becoming America's team.

Remember to pay Jerry Jones for use of his trademarked phrase. 

I’m from Liverpool, England, and I was on holiday with my wife. I happened to be wearing my Bills jersey as we were crossing a busy road near the main train station when I heard a loud shout of “GO BILLS!” 

it took me a couple of seconds to locate it then I saw it was a guy in shades leaning out the back of a taxi window, pumping his fist at me.

this happened in Rome, Italy!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, johndhall1 said:

I was climbing up to Angels landing in Zion natl park with my bills hat on. I got 2 “go bills” from people I passed. One other in Bryce Canyon on the same trip. That was September of 2021.

Awesome!

Our remote Go Bills! was at Takakkaw Falls, British Columbia.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I visited Iceland 7 years ago. One day we took a tour on a glacier, which was overwhelming and surreal--- I was wearing a Sabres hat (the 2008 Winter Classic toque) and we were hailed by a couple from Buffalo on their honeymoon. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Maynard said:

No doubt. I lived in Fort Myers for 6 years. Place was crawling with Bills fans. Even at my job down there I worked with 2 Bills fans. 

Agreed - we have a vaca condo in Estero and there’s a lot of Mafia. Plus, if you go to Buffalo Chips in Bonita Springs it’s like going to a Buffalo bar 

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

Mahomes...commericals...by far and away those State Farm insurance commercials featuring him (rodgers before and now Andy Reid) are so lame, stupid, boring

have same theme that has been repeated for years are the worst part of watching NFL national games.

I like the Baker stadium commercials but guessing they had Josh do those with highmark stadium 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We hit the Red Iguana 2 across from the railroad tracks.  Got the Killer Nachos and the Puntas de Filete a la Norteña, drank a Corona with a lime.  Waitress did a 12 top of us, didn't write down a thing, and got all our orders correct.  It was awesome!

Outstanding.  The Red Iguana opened up a second restaurant near the one you went to, which was the original. The food at the new one is just as good as at the old one, but the atmosphere is completely missing.  I hope you didn't have to wait outside very long.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beach said:

i saw a man wearing Bills gear last week at Wegmans in Virginia Beach,,, i say "go Bills!" he replied "thanks".  i mumbled "not a real fan."

But you have a Wegmans in Virginia Beach!! Not sure how old you are but  “Man in Bills gear at Wegmans in Virginia Beach” would’ve been a stretch to conceive for me 20 years ago.   (Also maybe he’s a Virginia Tech fan primarily and doesn’t know how to properly respond).  

• Like (+1) 2

I am currently in Prague in the Czech Republic.

I got a “Go Bills!” In the main square today. 😆
My friend also owns a bar/restaurant called Max’s Steakhouse, and we will be sitting in VIP section watching Bills game.🏈

Bills Mafia is everywhere! 👍

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.