Wow…Sammy Watkins statement on Lamar 😬😳🥶🤦🏼‍♂️

Alphadawg7

17 hours ago, chris heff said:

Ian Rapoport is reporting that the Ravens have said they are committed to Lamar Jackson and will begin working on a long term deal when the season is over.

They can work on it all they want.  They offered him a good deal.  One of them has to fold for a deal to happen.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

....you're being called out by a guy who looks like a flaming hypocrite?  Was there a different way you thought of completing that sentence?

Nope, that's what I was going for.  I'll give Sammy the BOTD and say that he's learned that what he did in the past was wrong, but even if he hasn't, a soft guy calling you out for being soft is telling.  If Lamar is truly too hurt to play, there's no reason to say anything.  Bills players could say that Von is a great player and can will the team to win, but they know he can't play.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Very intelligent response by the Ravens.  #8 becomes the next Kirk Cousins.

The article says "The Ravens are still all in on Jackson."  I dont think they know what "all in" means.  All in would be giving him the deal he wants. The Browns were all in on Watson.  The Ravens have a limit on what they will spend so thats not all in.  Really what they are is a team that has set Lamar's worth to them and dont have another choice other than franchise, cave in, or go with Huntley.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

players play thru injury all the time.

how many times have we heard....well, dr's say it can't get any worse. it's just a matter of pain management now.....and they play. how many times have we heard...well, if this was a playoff game, he'd be in the lineup. 

it's impossible for fans to know who is legit too injured and who is so called protecting their future...."it's a business decision".

just seems to me those who have guaranteed money the following season are more likely to play injured in the current playoff cycle than those who are about to be a free agent with no guarantees.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Nope, that's what I was going for.  I'll give Sammy the BOTD and say that he's learned that what he did in the past was wrong, but even if he hasn't, a soft guy calling you out for being soft is telling.  If Lamar is truly too hurt to play, there's no reason to say anything.  Bills players could say that Von is a great player and can will the team to win, but they know he can't play.

I mean, he's also a guy who tweeted about being an incredibly powerful solar lizard being.  So the "soft" isn't limited to the body, although, in fact, his body with GB did look soft, as though he were trying to convert to TE.

The difference to me is judgement call.  Von Miller is 100% "No".  Lamar Jackson's injury is probably one where he could slap a brace on it and play, albeit hindered and at significant risk of shredding his knee completely like RGIII did.

I think credible NFL players who aren't soft in the body and thinking about Solar Lizard Beings recognize that and don't call a teammate out

35 minutes ago, papazoid said:

players play thru injury all the time.

how many times have we heard....well, dr's say it can't get any worse. it's just a matter of pain management now.....and they play. how many times have we heard...well, if this was a playoff game, he'd be in the lineup. 

it's impossible for fans to know who is legit too injured and who is so called protecting their future...."it's a business decision".

just seems to me those who have guaranteed money the following season are more likely to play injured in the current playoff cycle than those who are about to be a free agent with no guarantees.

Given Lamar's injury combined with a playing style based on escapability and mobility, it's probably NOT legit to say "it can't get any worse, it's just a matter of pain management"

It probably is legit to speculate that Lamar might make a different decision if he were signed to a long term contract with big guarantees.  Part of that is the knowledge that the team would have "skin in the game" of the decision to play or not to play - if they're gonna pay him the Big Bucks in full for the next 2 years whether he sits in the training room rehabbing his shredded knee or leads them on the field, maybe the team FO views the playing decision differently.

Edited by Beck Water

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you're hanging you conclusion on the hopes and dreams of Dr. Sammy Watkins?  lol, nice!

Solely based on what he said? No, of course not. That’s part of it and again I don’t see what he gains by publicly calling out a teammate who you believe is so injured that if he were to play, would not help them. It’s also his contract that even you agreed would make him not want to play.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Solely based on what he said? No, of course not. That’s part of it and again I don’t see what he gains by publicly calling out a teammate who you believe is so injured that if he were to play, would not help them. It’s also his contract that even you agreed would make him not want to play.

I said a new contract doesn't naturally stimulate any player to play harder.   I agree with you that he isn't a fool to protect his value if he isn't ready to play.

There is no reason at all to believe Sammy has any idea whatsoever what Jackson's injury status is.  Why even cite him?  Makes no sense. What else you got?

Edited by Mr. WEO

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I said a new contract doesn't naturally stimulate any player to play harder.   I agree with you that he isn't a fool to protect his value if he isn't ready to play.

There is no reason at all to believe Sammy has any idea whatsoever what Jackson's injury status is.  Why even cite him?  Makes no sense. What else you got?

Why cite him?  LOL!  Because he actually said something that many were thinking.  This isn't hard. 

Just now, Doc said:

Why cite him?  LOL!  Because he actually said something that many were thinking.  This isn't hard. 

you cited him as the reason you think Lamar can play.  That's silly.  Watkins knows nothing about the severity of the injury.  He's just a dumbass.  Just because he tanked games in the whirlpool doesn't mean everyone else does.

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you cited him as the reason you think Lamar can play.  That's silly.  Watkins knows nothing about the severity of the injury.  He's just a dumbass.  Just because he tanked games in the whirlpool doesn't mean everyone else does.

And you think that Lamar is so injured that he can't possibly play and Watkins just came to this decision all on his own that he isn't?  Because a severely injured player will help them win?

Players play injured all the time and when it's playoff time, push themselves even more.  And while I think Lamar's contract demands are ridiculous, I have no issue with him deciding to make a business decision not play even if he could, because of what it might do to his market value.

Edited by Doc

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

And you think that Lamar is so injured that he can't possibly play and Watkins just came to this decision all on his own that he isn't?  Because a severely injured player will help them win?

Players play injured all the time and when it's playoff time, push themselves even more.  And while I think Lamar's contract demands are ridiculous, I have no issue with him deciding to make a business decision not play even if he could, because of what it might do to his market value.

I don't know if Jackson is or isn't too injured to play.  Neither does Watkins.  What's so hard to understand here?  

Plus Watkins isn't "coming to a decision".  I'm convinced you didn't read what he said.  Here's a refresher:

"that's a question if he's healthy or he's not. I don't know. I haven't been watching him."

There's you opinion influencer, doc--telling you he has no idea what's going on with Jackson.

unforced error....

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't know if Jackson is or isn't too injured to play.  Neither does Watkins.  What's so hard to understand here?  

Plus Watkins isn't "coming to a decision".  I'm convinced you didn't read what he said.  Here's a refresher:

"that's a question if he's healthy or he's not. I don't know. I haven't been watching him."

There's you opinion influencer, doc--telling you he has no idea what's going on with Jackson.

unforced error....

Yeah because he couldn't be talking/listening to teammates, who have seen him since he got injured.  Again there is no other reason for a guy who hasn't even been with the team for 4 weeks to put out a statement like that if his teammates and coaches think he can't play at all.

Anyway, not my concern what happens there.  Lamar's a limited QB who no serious WR would want to play with and even if he were healthy probably would still lose to the Bengals.  The Ravens are stuck because his contract demands are making it so they'll likely have to trade him and then find another QB. 

Edited by Doc

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah because he couldn't be talking/listening to teammates, who have seen him since he got injured.  Again there is no other reason for a guy who hasn't even been with the team for 4 weeks to put out a statement like that if his teammates and coaches think he can't play at all.

Anyway, not my concern what happens there.  Lamar's a limited QB who no serious WR would want to play with and even if he were healthy probably would still lose to the Bengals.  The Ravens are stuck because his contract demands are making it so they'll likely have to trade him and then find another QB. 

Where does he cite other players opinions? 

he explicitly (and correctly) qualifies his statement with the obvious: he has no idea about the injury or if he can even play. These are his words.  Now you are trying also  to attribute to other players things that haven’t been said?

come in.  It’s just dopey Sammy speaking on a topic he admits he doesn’t know about—and you tan with that.

I tried to help 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where does he cite other players opinions? 

he explicitly (and correctly) qualifies his statement with the obvious: he has no idea about the injury or if he can even play. These are his words.  Now you are trying also  to attribute to other players things that haven’t been said?

come in.  It’s just dopey Sammy speaking on a topic he admits he doesn’t know about—and you tan with that.

I tried to help 

I believe Lamar would gut it out if his contract situation were resolved.  But again, it doesn't concern me what the real situation is.  And if he can't finish the last 1/3 of seasons, he's basically worthless.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I believe Lamar would gut it out if his contract situation were resolved.  But again, it doesn't concern me what the real situation is.  And if he can't finish the last 1/3 of seasons, he's basically worthless.

no one’s disputing that doc

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Disputing...what?  That he'd play if his contract situation were resolved?  Thanks for coming around.

he’s basically worthless if he can’t play 

the rest is (the Watkins stuff) is proven nonsense 

Edited by Mr. WEO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.