Wow…Sammy Watkins statement on Lamar 😬😳🥶🤦🏼‍♂️

Alphadawg7

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

???

For values of "struggled" where the struggling team is leading 24-7 at the half, and gave up 2 unanswered FG in the 2nd half, ending 27-16 with a 2 score lead?

OK, they punted 5 times in the 2nd half, but I can't blame them for taking their foot off the gas a bit.  But when you have at minimum a 2 score lead all through the game, I don't think that's what most would describe as "struggling".

It's not a blowout win, certainly.

Winning and putting away are two very different things. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/710/lamar-jackson

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens "haven't changed their stance" on QB Lamar Jackson and plan to begin negotiating a long-term deal in the offseason. The Ravens were never close to extending Jackson last offseason, leading to Jackson playing out his $23 million fifth-year option. That backfired for Jackson, who finished the year injured for the second straight season. Jackson is asking for Deshaun Watson money, a fully guaranteed deal that would make him one of the league's highest paid quarterbacks. The Ravens are "still all-in" on Jackson and plan to franchise him for 2023 if they can't work out a long-term extension.

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/710/lamar-jackson

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens "haven't changed their stance" on QB Lamar Jackson and plan to begin negotiating a long-term deal in the offseason. The Ravens were never close to extending Jackson last offseason, leading to Jackson playing out his $23 million fifth-year option. That backfired for Jackson, who finished the year injured for the second straight season. Jackson is asking for Deshaun Watson money, a fully guaranteed deal that would make him one of the league's highest paid quarterbacks. The Ravens are "still all-in" on Jackson and plan to franchise him for 2023 if they can't work out a long-term extension.

I feel this is a bluff to force his hand.  

Why on earth would they want to franchise him?   To deal with these questions every-time he gets injured, again?

It's a tough situation for the entire team.  I understand Watkins's view that it would be better if Jackson played, and I don't think he's calling Jackson out.  It boils down to the fact that Jackson doesn't want to put his entire future at risk for a less than 50-50 chance of a SB this year.  By not playing, he does himself no harm at all.  Other teams, and the Ravens as well, know what a healthy Jackson can do, and he'll get paid accordingly if he's healthy.  

Anyone remember RG3?  Robert Griffin III?  He played for Washington and really lit it up his rookie year, 2012.  He had a knee injury (LCL sprain) going into the playoffs, but he was put into a playoff game by HC Mike Shanahan.  His injury was made much worse.  He underwent surgery which was nominally successful, but he was never the same player.  He lost his starting job, then his roster spot, and he became a journeyman who bounced around the league for a few years.

If you think Lamar Jackson isn't aware of this history, you're just being silly.  Both he and the Ravens don't want to repeat the mistakes the Redskins and RG3 himself made, both for that year and for the future.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson took it upon himself Thursday to shed some light on his knee injury.

The Ravens quarterback addressed the lingering questions over his injured knee, which appears likely to keep him out of Sunday's Super Wild Card Weekend matchup against the Bengals.

Jackson tweeted that the PCL injury he suffered in Week 13 against the Broncos is a "grade 2 sprain on the borderline of" a grade 3 sprain. He also has inflammation around the knee, and it remains unstable, Jackson added.

Jackson hasn't practiced since suffering the injury. He remains hopeful for a return, but the lack of clarity in his tweets suggest that no one really knows if that will happen this postseason.

"I'm still in good spirits, as I continue with treatments on the road to recovery," Jackson tweeted. "I wish I could be out there with my guys more than anything but I can't give a 100% of myself to my guys and fans. I'm still hopeful we still have a chance."

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-tweets-injury-update-on-sprained-knee-i-can-t-give-a-100

He cant play on that knee if this is true and it probably is.  He would end up like RG3.

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean he is implying Lamar might be dogging it because of his contract situation and calling him out for not playing through the injury essentially.  

Sammy saw Gilmore do it on the field in his last year with the Bills.  He knows how it goes.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

CSWWX7tUwAA4E7Z?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Once a response" get me every freaking time.

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean his knee was still swollen last week, there is no question that he is not fully recovered from his knee injury.

The only question is could he push the envelope or not and play on it before it’s 100%.  That’s a legit question, and I’m sure his future for himself plays into that decision.  

But there isn’t anything to be “suspicious” about in terms of what the injury was thought to be and him not being healed.  They thought Von would miss 2-4 weeks and he ended up out for the season.  

You're correct on Von but we got updates on Von pretty fast. Surgery, torn ACL, boom.

LJ ghosts the Ravens. They don't know what's going on. And the report is that he doesn't use their facilities and doctors or rehab with them.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean he is implying Lamar might be dogging it because of his contract situation and calling him out for not playing through the injury essentially.  

Haha...Sammy

....same guy that thought the earth was flat. If it was Ray Lewis it would be a different story.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.